Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is it most fun to be a newbie, a powerful high level character, or something in between?

I like to be able to use character abilities throughout the game and not just towards the end. If things are getting easy, hopefully I could increase difficulty settings anytime. Even though it's fun getting new abilities as a newbie, I'm usually pretty stupid starting off games, so I start getting comfortable when I'm somewhere in between. As a newbie, I try to conserve everything too much. I don't like it when I get a really cool ability towards the end. Even if I'm all leveled up and powerful, I still like to toy with enemies and slap them around some. 

6 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I like to be able to use character abilities throughout the game and not just towards the end. If things are getting easy, hopefully I could increase difficulty settings anytime. Even though it's fun getting new abilities as a newbie, I'm usually pretty stupid starting off games, so I start getting comfortable when I'm somewhere in between. As a newbie, I try to conserve everything too much. I don't like it when I get a really cool ability towards the end. Even if I'm all leveled up and powerful, I still like to toy with enemies and slap them around some. 

Most gamers never have it easy when starting out a new game especially when the game's in question is particularly hard or difficult. 

30 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Most gamers never have it easy when starting out a new game especially when the game's in question is particularly hard or difficult. 

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. I don’t have the sharpest memory and those beginning stages of the game requires a lot of memory skills. I think I get less overwhelmed now than I used to. 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:48 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. I don’t have the sharpest memory and those beginning stages of the game requires a lot of memory skills. I think I get less overwhelmed now than I used to. 

It was why when I was a lot younger in playing games, I would have to give myself the assignment of watching the game's playthrough on YouTube for a while before I get into playing it. Even with the tips in the game, I find it very challenging. 

44 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It was why when I was a lot younger in playing games, I would have to give myself the assignment of watching the game's playthrough on YouTube for a while before I get into playing it. Even with the tips in the game, I find it very challenging. 

That's an interesting idea, but I'm definitely more a hands on learner. I have to physically go through it to grasp it. A lot of times when people describe something they sound like pigeons squaking. All I want to do is toss them pieces of bread and see what they do. 

On 5/21/2022 at 7:33 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's an interesting idea, but I'm definitely more a hands on learner. I have to physically go through it to grasp it. A lot of times when people describe something they sound like pigeons squaking. All I want to do is toss them pieces of bread and see what they do. 

That sound like pigeons squeaking really got me there 😂 but I do understand exactly what you meant. Some people don't learn from just theory unless they actually try that out themselves and once they do, they will never forget it. 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:48 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Any gamer who says he or she had it easy in the beginning of their gaming is definitely lying or they were never new to that particular of game to begin with. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Any gamer who says he or she had it easy in the beginning of their gaming is definitely lying or they were never new to that particular of game to begin with. 

It's just like some games that I played years were too difficult for me to complete that I had to drop them and move on. Ghosts 'n Goblins was one that looked like what a demon from hell design with how enemies attack you from all corners. 

I prefer being an experienced player, above all else. I don't have to be high level, well geared, or anything like that as long as the game has been fun enough for me to have spent a long time with it, its developers/publisher and community. It's very much why I don't see alt-oholism, the practice of making multiple alternate characters, to be a problem, nor why one has to 'main' a character. I don't like being designated into either box; I want whatever is the most help to myself and to others. Characters are means to an end.

But to answer the question properly, a habit I need to get into, I'd say high level character. I rarely make it to the tippy top, so whenever I get there I'm proud to have accomplished something (and question what others were doing so wrong).

On 5/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, Heatman said:

It's just like some games that I played years were too difficult for me to complete that I had to drop them and move on. Ghosts 'n Goblins was one that looked like what a demon from hell design with how enemies attack you from all corners. 

My brother struggled so much with playing Ghosts 'n Goblins. It was the very reason why I never bothered with playing the game. 

I'm always open to having anything that's going to help my gameplay and make my life a little easier. If it's having powerful high level character and when more sophisticated armor, I would leap at it by any means.