Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is it most fun to be a newbie, a powerful high level character, or something in between?

On 5/26/2022 at 12:14 AM, Justin11 said:

I'm always proud, whenever I'm making progress on new game which I'm playing for the first. Because I wouldn't expect to unlock achievements as a newbie during the early stages of the game. 

Unless you're willing to throw in a lot of money on the game, then it's going to be very possible to do that. Have you ever done that with any new game you started playing? 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

Unless you're willing to throw in a lot of money on the game, then it's going to be very possible to do that. Have you ever done that with any new game you started playing? 

Nope, I don't throw alot of money just to buy items to help me progress far in a particular game and unlocking more of the achievements. I rely upon my abilities most of the time and spend little on items I admire. 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:13 AM, Aniekwe said:

Getting started gradually would be the best way for a newbie to play because it's the only way they get to develop properly in the game. 

I believe that gradual development makes a lot of sense to newbie gamers. It's not always in their best interest to fast track everything, there might be a challenge they wouldn't know how to take care of, just because they are stronger doesn't mean success. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I believe that gradual development makes a lot of sense to newbie gamers. It's not always in their best interest to fast track everything, there might be a challenge they wouldn't know how to take care of, just because they are stronger doesn't mean success. 

I don't usually find it that too challenging when I'm well improved on my character. On the other hand, it makes it very easy for me to progress and have my task completed quickly. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

The baby steps like I call it are very important. Its like laying the foundation in the right way when playing such games. When you have perfectly learnt and upgraded when you are supposed to, it's going to be a smooth ride. 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

The baby steps like I call it are very important. Its like laying the foundation in the right way when playing such games. When you have perfectly learnt and upgraded when you are supposed to, it's going to be a smooth ride. 

Although in most Sousborne games, you need to start with the best and stronger character you can because your punishment in the game is guaranteed. If you are weak, you die easily. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Although in most Sousborne games, you need to start with the best and stronger character you can because your punishment in the game is guaranteed. If you are weak, you die easily. 

I never took that chance with playing Elden Ring. I needed to pick up and press harder, so I had the best I could get. 

16 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I never took that chance with playing Elden Ring. I needed to pick up and press harder, so I had the best I could get. 

That was exactly the same thing with me. Even when I started playing Dark Souls series, I had to start strong but still it wasn't easy for me. 

On 5/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, Boblee said:

You don't need to stress that point at all because I know very well how it gets with those kind of game's franchise. They are simply designed to frustrate you at any chance. 

I think being a newbie is more fun because you cannot wait for the anticipation to unfold. You are always waiting for something to happen. You are always expectant to see the next game moment.

I think it's in-between when I'm a newbie and when I finally start mastering the game, the joy it brings when you finish a certain level or achieve a feat you've been struggling with. This are most fun times for me when I'm playing videogames.

I don't think their is anyone who is ever satisfied starting out as a newbie over any game. It is always tough to enjoy video game as a newbie, everything will always be strange for the gamer, I didn't enjoy video games which I found favourable now during the past. 

On 5/29/2022 at 5:55 PM, Aniekwe said:

You don't need to stress that point at all because I know very well how it gets with those kind of game's franchise. They are simply designed to frustrate you at any chance. 

Yeah, that's very correct. I know how many times I had to stop playing and keep coming back to the game. If I could quit them, I would have.