Register Now
Patrik

Are you a K/D guy?

i remember back when i started getting good in online games, the first thing that i did set as a goal was improving my K/D, getting a higher competitive KDR in communities was always a motivating challenge, but the more i spent in the game, the more the dead communities got, so i realized that it's not worth tryharding for, what matters is fun.

are/were you a kdr guy?

I'm not too big on my K/D ratio. I normally always play Fortnite, this is my number one game. However, I've played it for so long that my K/D doesn't really bother me too much. I started out as a bad player, I'm decent now, but it's factoring in my K/D since I started the game. With that being said, I'm not too worried about it. 

I don’t mind people that desperately go for objective, but when people go 3x negative its fucking pointless no matter the amount of caps or whatever. I think it’s more frustrating getting spawntrapped by streaks because my teammates won’t stop dying for them objectives than to lose. If you’re pulling 7+ caps in dom because you can’t get a kill and spawns are flipping because of you, play another game mode.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:10 AM, williamserna said:

Yupp!! I focus much more on that part than anything else!

same xd, it keeps me motivated to do streaks

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Not familiar with the acronym, but from what I'm reading I assume K/D means Kills/Deaths and KDR means Kill Death Ratio? If that's wrong, the please enlighten me.

yep it indeed means kills/deaths ratio, the higher it is, the more satisfying it gets xD, it's just a pretty decimal number in the internet but it has a cool taste 😄

I won't fret over it as much but I do still care about my K/D. I think the whole point of playing multiplayer games where you can shoot other players is that you want to be better than everyone else. And your K/D kind of proves that point. If it's not good, I want to get better and improve it.

On 3/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, Darth said:

I won't fret over it as much but I do still care about my K/D. I think the whole point of playing multiplayer games where you can shoot other players is that you want to be better than everyone else. And your K/D kind of proves that point. If it's not good, I want to get better and improve it.

issue with the K/D is that it ruins the fun at some point, as you have to avoid deaths as much as you can, and avoiding deaths mean not trying lot of things that might get you killed 😕

I will brag a little that I was a K/D guy with GTA San Andreas version, I was killing the pedestrians and police men like it's a hobby, and experienced bursting severally as well. Because the capital sends troops of armies to halt my progress when the killing became too crazy lol. 

On 3/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, The Blackangel said:

Not familiar with the acronym, but from what I'm reading I assume K/D means Kills/Deaths and KDR means Kill Death Ratio? If that's wrong, the please enlighten me.

You're right, it's Kill to Death ratio - it's something that tryhards in games like GTA V are obsessed with. Thus they kill themselves repeatedly when they realize you're about to kill them. In GTA online, suicide doesn't affect your K/D ratio.

I'm not K/D guy at all - I'm all about the entertainment factor. You're going to die a lot in most games so why not just enjoy the moment instead of obsessing over some stupid stat. I play videogames to entertain myself and although I do like to compete, I must be having fun.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:36 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I will brag a little that I was a K/D guy with GTA San Andreas version, I was killing the pedestrians and police men like it's a hobby, and experienced bursting severally as well. Because the capital sends troops of armies to halt my progress when the killing became too crazy lol. 

the KDr term is used in online games only as deaths don't really matter in offline games (unless we're talking about speedruns since there are categories where you have to finish the game without dying even once)

10 hours ago, Patrik said:

the KDr term is used in online games only as deaths don't really matter in offline games (unless we're talking about speedruns since there are categories where you have to finish the game without dying even once)

Hmm, such gonna be too demanding, proceeding without dying for once, what if unexpectedly, my pro got downed once what happened from there? 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, such gonna be too demanding, proceeding without dying for once, what if unexpectedly, my pro got downed once what happened from there? 

that's what speedruns are about, they are all about the plot twists xD, but if you aren't fine with that, you can check other categories such as no bugs/exploits speedruns etc...