Register Now
Patrik

Are you a K/D guy?

11 minutes ago, Patrik said:

that's what speedruns are about, they are all about the plot twists xD, but if you aren't fine with that, you can check other categories such as no bugs/exploits speedruns etc...

That's cool bro, I'll check the bugs/exploits speedruns. 

3 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's cool bro, I'll check the bugs/exploits speedruns. 

they are the most interesting ones actually as a lot of brain has to be used in order to cover how the game's coding works to be able to bug it out xD

49 minutes ago, Patrik said:

they are the most interesting ones actually as a lot of brain has to be used in order to cover how the game's coding works to be able to bug it out xD

I understand, lots of technical job is needed to be done, in order to clean up a bug in a given game, to make a smooth one for gamers. 

No question about it. I broke the World Record for kill count (which equated to a #1 Rank in the World) on one game, and have a reputation for maximum casualties/wins and etc. Not bragging, but TC asked. Answer is everybody should be.

Competition is good for you and keeps you sharp. If you're playing a Gears of War game for fun and go zero and thirty five, what was the point?

There's strategy two it at a very advanced level, though. If you implement the proper strategy, a high kill death ratio is actually not the direct target, but instead a side effect of properly playing the game at a solid level.

If you are playing Gears of War Team DeathMatch, the goal is to kill the other team and don't die. If you implement that strategy at an advanced level, your K/D will be high as a side effect of just trying to win.

Edited by ForwardSlashDownPoke

I used to have an okay KD ratio in the COD games back in the day. MW3 I think I had like a 1.54 kd, nothing impressive, but it was one of the best KD's I had in the series. Most of the time I was a little over 1.00 kd. These days I don't really much care. I prefer to just have fun with the game. I like to play with friends anyway, so if I can game with my friends, I will enjoy the game even more. 

That's a big no for me, when I started out with cod it was just because I enjoyed first person shooter games so much.

The multiplayer mode was just an avenue for me to compete with other players and try out my hands, I was active for about two weeks and only got 31 overall kills, I then focused more on the single player campaign.

Milestone SRL made it pleasing recently as they released a new patch for MGP 21 game by introducing a multiplayer feature to the game, with a steam community attached to it. I felt so ecstatic when I first heard about the news, because I love competitive kind of game to compare my performance with others online. 

I am not so much a K/D gal like I used to be anymore. I remember when I used to play a lot of Call of Duty back in the day, K/D was a huge thing I would pay attention to and the better I got at the game, the more I would pay attention to my K/D and try to improve it. It became quite addictive if I am honest to try and improve it and I was always happy when I saw a positive K/D. If the Call of Duty games were a little better now and I wasn't feeling so burned out on Call of Duty I would more than likely be still working on that K/D. Maybe one day I will go back! 

34 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I am not so much a K/D gal like I used to be anymore. I remember when I used to play a lot of Call of Duty back in the day, K/D was a huge thing I would pay attention to and the better I got at the game, the more I would pay attention to my K/D and try to improve it. It became quite addictive if I am honest to try and improve it and I was always happy when I saw a positive K/D. If the Call of Duty games were a little better now and I wasn't feeling so burned out on Call of Duty I would more than likely be still working on that K/D. Maybe one day I will go back! 

Most of my friends kept track too, but so did I for a lot of the games. Back then I knew guys who would just camp and build up their K/D. One guy I gamed with, who was actually pretty good, often camped, but he had a KD of like 3 point something, I forget. But all he did was camp, and I guess that worked for him. I liked to rush the enemy players, which can be good for your KD or just outright awful lol. 

I've never been obsessed with my K/D, but I do at least try to make it that I kill more than I die because at least then even if I don't score a lot of kills in a match for my team, at least I can know I didn't just hand the opposing team a lot of free kills. Been a while since I saw K/D's but assuming 1 is breaking even, then as long as my number was above 1 to any degree I'm happy knowing I contribute more kills to my team than to the opposing team.

Definitely not, but only because I'm not competent enough to get a high K/D in the first place. There's no enjoyment in losing.

I don't even pay much attention to the winning streak while I'm playing Pokemon: Trading Card Online. I'm someone prone to conceding a match if it looks like I'll lose.

I try to stay in the 1.00s area of any FPS, but in all reality that really just boils down to you knowing the game, having better weapons and leveled up weapons, etc. So of course at first your K/D sucks, but gets better as you play it more often. 

On 10/31/2022 at 5:33 PM, Kane99 said:

Most of my friends kept track too, but so did I for a lot of the games. Back then I knew guys who would just camp and build up their K/D. One guy I gamed with, who was actually pretty good, often camped, but he had a KD of like 3 point something, I forget. But all he did was camp, and I guess that worked for him. I liked to rush the enemy players, which can be good for your KD or just outright awful lol. 

I am exactly the same when it comes to Call of Duty, I like to rush and run and gun when playing so that can often result in my K/D taking a hit. I just can't seem to sit and camp in one area of the map for the whole game, I find it very boring I guess just sitting and waiting for a shot to take and would rather be running and gunning. I feel now if I went back I would be rusty BUT with some time I could be back to where I was. Not going to lie, kinda tempted to jump on and just see where I get with my K/D if I am honest.

39 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I am exactly the same when it comes to Call of Duty, I like to rush and run and gun when playing so that can often result in my K/D taking a hit. I just can't seem to sit and camp in one area of the map for the whole game, I find it very boring I guess just sitting and waiting for a shot to take and would rather be running and gunning. I feel now if I went back I would be rusty BUT with some time I could be back to where I was. Not going to lie, kinda tempted to jump on and just see where I get with my K/D if I am honest.

For me it's the only way I really like to play. But I do sometimes camp depending on the mode. But otherwise I like to rush, especially with melee weapons. I remember the tack knife from some of the older CODs and I used to rush around the map knifing people, pissing them off and everything. So much fun when you can get a chain of kills in a row. 

And in MW3 was my favorite time doing that, because there was an option you could do where you just had perks and no equipment (grenades/flashbangs) I think, and I would just run around knifing people. I think I had the Ninja perk, unlimited sprint or something. idk. it's been so long since I played MW3, but I bet all of my classes are still set up. I might have to get back into that game one of these days.