Register Now
The Blackangel

Americans Should Be More Upset About The Right Wing Assault On Education And Teachers

He completely forgot to mention the republican attack on colleges and universities now. Republicans are calling universities a place to get radicalized on the left. And of course the more educated people are on the left compared to the republican base, so why not attack higher education now. Remember when the Florida governor tried to make mandatory surveys for students and staff to see what their beliefs are? And then threaten to hold government funding. That's completely unconstitutional. Well, more red states are pushing that bill now. 

As far as the public education, it's screwed. Only the left states like California and New York will be left to teach Americans actual fact based history. We don't know how long that will hold out till those states get a red republican freak in there who will immediately destroy schools in those states. 

If democrats are unwilling to fight for things, then they will lose those things. There are a few red states that don't even have free elections anymore after their voting suppression bills. 

I remember reading in the news about a woman who infiltrated a suburban female right wing club who were pushing anti CRT in schools. She said she felt very concerned about these women and their anger. At one point one of the women suggested hiring someone to do whatever it takes to punish anyone who teaches CRT. Seriously, these far right people are thinking bout hiring a hitman while the left twiddles their thumbs and ignores everything. 

I don't know why so many people have so much hate and extremism in this country and are willing to aid in the destruction of democracy. Sorry to say, but the best thing to do would be to start a new life in a different country because the USA is wasted. There are way too many people who have lost their morality in this country. This is what happens in societal breakdown. 

We should call it for what it is. This is a fascist push to ban books, attack history and any who try to teach it, and attack freedom of thought in higher learning. Soon we should expect to see courses get banned like ethics and cultural psychology and change the curriculum of how to teach psychology courses, English writing, and have a policy on any college papers that are written, and any books read. 

This is what fascism looks like. 

I think a lot of people simply want balanced education. Anyway, there were a few right-wing professors at my university. One was in fact, quite a bit overboard.  

Anyway, I think a lot of people just want an education without right-wing or left-wing stuff pushed in their face. That's why majors like math are so wonderful.

Balanced???? How the hell is it a balanced education when they're banning courses if it makes a white person uncomfortable or contradicts someone's religious beliefs? Biology classes are gone. How does burning books give a balanced education. You obviously have only heard a maximum of 3 words in this entire attack on education and educators. And who gives a fuck about your professors? That was then when teachers were allowed to teach.

Again, you have missed everything. Right wing politics are the things that are pushing the end of education, and trying to make the entire country xtianity based schooling. They don't want to educate. They want to dictate. We're no better than Iraq under Saddam Hussein at this point. Democrats are being cowards, and republiKKKlans are nazis and terrorists that attack democracy, freedom, and their own country. They cry like little babies when they don't get their way, and then commit a terrorist attack against their own nation in a futile attempt to get their way. Boo-fucking-hoo, Adolf didn't win. A year and a half later, and you're still crying about it. So to follow in his footsteps, you try to destroy education by banning courses that don't even exist in public schools, and threatening teachers jobs and entire lives if they so much as mention things like race, LGBTQ+, or a hell of a lot of American history. Such as slavery.

Edited by The Blackangel

I have never experienced any left wing or right wing stuff pushed in my face in school. If critical thought is now considered a demonized word, then what becomes the point of higher education? How will the far right hatred adjust in universities that teach history? Will they start going after that too if they talk about salvery or civil rights, women's suffrage etc.? New laws are being pushed by republicans to allow students sue the school if they feel offended on what is taught. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of higher learning? 

On 2/27/2022 at 8:19 AM, Jayson said:

I think a lot of people simply want balanced education. Anyway, there were a few right-wing professors at my university. One was in fact, quite a bit overboard.  

Anyway, I think a lot of people just want an education without right-wing or left-wing stuff pushed in their face. That's why majors like math are so wonderful.

Balanced???? How the hell is it a balanced education when they're banning courses if it makes a white person uncomfortable or contradicts someone's religious beliefs? Biology classes are gone. How does burning books give a balanced education. You obviously have only heard a maximum of 3 words in this entire attack on education and educators. And who gives a fuck about your professors? That was then when teachers were allowed to teach.

Again, you have missed everything. Right wing politics are the things that are pushing the end of education, and trying to make the entire country xtianity based schooling. They don't want to educate. They want to dictate. We're no better than Iraq under Saddam Hussein at this point. Democrats are being cowards, and republiKKKlans are nazis and terrorists that attack democracy, freedom, and their own country. They cry like little babies when they don't get their way, and then commit a terrorist attack against their own nation in a futile attempt to get their way. Boo-fucking-hoo, Adolf didn't win. A year and a half later, and you're still crying about it. So to follow in his footsteps, you try to destroy education by banning courses that don't even exist in public schools, and threatening teachers jobs and entire lives if they so much as mention things like race, LGBTQ+, or a hell of a lot of American history. Such as slavery.

A lot of people simply view some stuff as too extreme for kids.   Well, on the other side of the spectrum, I'm not for school prayer or forced pledge of allegiance.  However, some Christian fundamentalists believe religion in school is the way to go.   They claim our society has gone down in hill, a large part because of separation of church and state.

Anyway, as for college students, a situation without a balanced view can feel obnoxious to many of them.  Well, I mean, unless they are die-hard authoritarian for either the left-wing or right-wing.

Edited by Jayson

On 3/5/2022 at 7:23 PM, Jayson said:

A lot of people simply view some stuff as too extreme for kids.   Well, on the other side of the spectrum, I'm not for school prayer or forced pledge of allegiance.  However, some Christian fundamentalists believe religion in school is the way to go.   They claim our society has gone down in hill, a large part because of separation of church and state.

The schools are screwed, republicans win the hitler youth program. Salute!

On 3/5/2022 at 7:23 PM, Jayson said:

Anyway, as for college students, a situation without a balanced view can feel obnoxious to many of them.  Well, I mean, unless they are die-hard authoritarian for either the left-wing or right-wing.

Now I wonder how republican fascism will play out in universities. So far they are pushing to allow students to sue universities if they feel offended. Now that it's not a parent/child issue anymore, let's see how creative republicans get to destroy higher education. 😱

I also have to ask, do you support suing universities for anything that offends you that is taught? Yes or No

Here is a list of potential attacks on universities

1) Sue universities

2) Mandatory surveys of political beliefs

3) Threaten to block school funding

4) Change required curriculums 

5) Book vetting/new revised textbooks

6) Politicians get all access to school and student records

I can think of other crazy things, but I'll let republicans come up with it themselves so I am not helping in their creative indoctrination. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The schools are screwed, republicans win the hitler youth program. Salute!

Now I wonder how republican fascism will play out in universities. So far they are pushing to allow students to sue universities if they feel offended. Now that it's not a parent/child issue anymore, let's see how creative republicans get to destroy higher education. 😱

I also have to ask, do you support suing universities for anything that offends you that is taught? Yes or No

Here is a list of potential attacks on universities

1) Sue universities

2) Mandatory surveys of political beliefs

3) Threaten to block school funding

4) Change required curriculums 

5) Book vetting/new revised textbooks

6) Politicians get all access to school and student records

I can think of other crazy things, but I'll let republicans come up with it themselves so I am not helping in their creative indoctrination. 

The offended people suing might depend on who controls the universities, whether it's a left or right-wing overkill situation.   Well, why can't there just be a normal university where things aren't too extreme?  If things are so extreme in whatever direction that people are suing, then something is wrong.

45 minutes ago, Jayson said:

The offended people suing might depend on who controls the universities, whether it's a left or right-wing overkill situation.   Well, why can't there just be a normal university where things aren't too extreme?  If things are so extreme in whatever direction that people are suing, then something is wrong.

Republicans aren't going to stop with their fascist push. They have attacked public schools, now universities. Now they have attacked public libraries and now a librarian can go to jail with bill HB 666 if passed in Idaho if they let a minor check out a book that republicans deem as 'obscene literature.' And you all thought liberals were complaining about books! Also, they are pushing bills to allow politicians access to all school records and student records, which is a violation of privacy rights. Republicans are passing and trying to pass bills that are punishing teachers, school boards, professors, and fucking librarians. You support this sort of thing? 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

24 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Republicans aren't going to stop with their fascist push. They have attacked public schools, now universities. Now they have attacked public libraries and now a librarian can go to jail with bill HB 666 if passed in Idaho if they let a minor check out a book that republicans deem as 'obscene literature.' And you all thought liberals were complaining about books! Also, they are pushing bills to allow politicians access to all school records and student records, which is a violation of privacy rights. Republicans are passing and trying to pass bills that are punishing teachers, school boards, professors, and fucking librarians. You support this sort of thing? 

Both extremes in the culture war are pushing laws that are "forcing stuff" on some people who find it extremely objectionable.  Well, it just boils down to what you think is acceptable in our society.   Since there is such a gap between different views, it seems like liberal areas will push extreme liberalism and conservative areas will push extreme conservatism.

1 minute ago, Jayson said:

Both extremes in the culture war are pushing laws that are "forcing stuff" on some people who find it extremely objectionable.  Well, it just boils down to what you think is acceptable in our society.   Since there is such a gap between different views, it seems like liberal areas will push extreme liberalism and conservative areas will push extreme conservatism.

Please show us all proof of a bill democrats are pushing that’s extreme in any education system. Your people declared the culture war because you honor a political system that is anti democratic. It’s you and your kind fighting a culture war. The rest of us want normality, democracy, and civil liberties. That’s obviously too much to ask from a bunch of power hungry racist fascists. 

It’s you and your kind fighting a culture war.

The whole idea of a better culture is subjective.  Some like the post-sexual revolution culture and others don't (both to varying degrees).  For the ones that don't, I suppose you could blame adherence to traditional religion.

Anyway, the solution is just to avoid living in areas that conflict with your views and if that's not enough, maybe secession from the US or leaving the country is in order.

That’s obviously too much to ask from a bunch of power hungry racist fascists. 

Claiming one group as racist is throwing everyone in the same boat.   Surely that can't be true.

Edited by Jayson

4 minutes ago, Jayson said:

Claiming one group as racist is throwing everyone in the same boat.   Surely that can't be true.

And you are stuck in that racist boat when your leaders are steering it while giving speeches at white nationalist conferences. Do you support your leaders that engage in that sort of thing?  

Just now, Reality vs Adventure said:

And you are stuck in that racist boat when your leaders are steering it while giving speeches at white nationalist conferences. Do you support your leaders that engage in that sort of thing?  

What do you define as a white nationalist?  Do you have evidence I am one?  I think some talking points of white nationalists are common among conservatives.  However, actual white nationalists are obnoxious and mean - to an extreme degree.

43 minutes ago, Jayson said:

What do you define as a white nationalist?  Do you have evidence I am one?  I think some talking points of white nationalists are common among conservatives.  However, actual white nationalists are obnoxious and mean - to an extreme degree.

I'll ask again, as a conservative you obviously are, do you support your leaders that engage in white nationalist conferences?