Register Now
The Blackangel

Americans Should Be More Upset About The Right Wing Assault On Education And Teachers

On 3/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

You don't know what the hell you are talking about and trying to say the extremist left and pushing agendas while in real life the right wing goes to school board meetings and insults gay students, one girl was crying and there is a video of it; right wing parents have physically assaulted students. A grown man physically attacked a female student for christ's sake. They are extremely hostile at school board meetings and even are training on how to storm those meetings. They send death threats to school boards and staff; school board members had their homes vandalized; militias like proud boys and people's rights stormed a school board meeting; All you have to do is a search on the web on the attack of public schools and all sorts of things come up what the right wing is doing. Then trump just recently says "lay down their lives" in reference to fighting CRT. 

Here is a link from what I mentioned earlier how a far right group of moms was infiltrated and how they spoke of bounties and monetary compensation to go after teachers.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/far-right-extremist-moms_n_61ba330de4b0456499dcc9bf

And finally, why would republicans pass bills to make it illegal to talk about amendments of the constitution in schools? All these amendments are now illegal to discuss in the TX bill: 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th, and 26th amendments. Or history like the civil war, civil rights, women's suffrage etc.?

All these things is now illegal to discuss in Tx schools and note that you can't even say the KKK is morally wrong:

*writings of George Washington; Ona Judge; Thomas Jefferson; Sally Hemings; any other founding persons of the U.S.; Frederick Douglas's Newspaper; Northstar; Book of Negroes; Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850; Indian Removal Act; Jefferson's Letter to Danbury Baptists; William Still's Underground Railroad Records; 

*Historical documents related to the civic accomplishments of marginalized populations; Chicano movement; women's suffrage and equal rights; civil rights movement; Syner Act of 1924; American Labor Movement; 

*History of white supremacy, including but not limited to the institution of slavery, eugenics movement, Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong

*History and the importance of the civil rights movement; MLK Jr Letter from Birmingham Jail; I Have a Dream Speech; federal Civil Rights Act of 1964; 

*Brown vs Board of Education; Emancipation Proclamation; Universal Declaration of Human Rights; 13th 14th and 15th amendments of the constitution; Frederick Douglas Narrative of the Life; An American Slave; Life and Work of Cesar Chavez; Life and Work of Dolores Huerta; 

*History and Importance of the Women's Suffrage Movement; Federal Voting Rights Act of 1965; 15th 19th and 26th amendments of the constitution; Abigail Adam's Letter Remember the Ladies; Works of Susan B Anthony; Declaration of Sentiments; Life and Works of Dr. Hector Garcia; League of United Latin American Citizens; Hernandez vs Texas; 

So please stop your lies and bullshit when it is your team fascist USA that is the extremists pushing agendas and it's all in the proof of bills they are passing, unlike your nonsense claims. It's all in the bills, all in the bills, all in the bills. You can't lie or deny when it's all in the fucking bills. Can't discuss the USA constitutional amendments? How anti-American are you people???

This stuff needs to be left alone.  Well, if people really want to change things, then why can't the parents change?  For instance, as long as they back white chauvinism, and that's what this is really about, nothing changes.  There's no reason for the glamorization of racial oppression, a lot fueled by the "lost cause" narrative.

Anyway, I remember Roots being shown in school (I'm from southern Appalachia.) and it seemed like kids ignored it or mocked it.   You can't change kids taught bigotry and indifference at home.  Indifference might be the fact they're more interested in "teenie stuff" then real things and can't even locate things on a map.

Basically, touchy subjects should be a private matter and it's just a shame parents won't come to the plate.

Edited by Jayson

2 hours ago, Jayson said:

Basically, touchy subjects should be a private matter and it's just a shame parents won't come to the plate.

Parents are coming to the plate and they are attacking students and school staff. It’s going to be more difficult for republicans to indoctrinate universities because they aren’t dealing with kids anymore but grown adults who want the challenge of higher education. So we will see how they attack colleges going forward. So far they allow suing colleges if they got their poor feelings hurt and also mandatory surveys the students and staff have to take so republicans can see the ‘culture’ of the college. It’s already been passed now which is highly unconstitutional. But with republican state supreme courts and majority republican federal Supreme Court, the constitution will get thrown out the window. No way in hell should it ever be legal to force students or staff to survey their beliefs. I hope everybody rejects it. And what happens when they reject it, the colleges going to get their fundings pulled? Yep, that’s exactly what’s going to happen. And on top of that allow students to sue for any reason. Republicans can’t hide behind kids and parents anymore, so now they have full intention of punishing finances of colleges until everything goes toward their favor. And then they will attack textbooks and courses. Blue states will have a high international standard of education and that’s where people will want to go to learn while red state colleges will be all jacked up teaching 3rd grade level courses since critical thought is banned. Degrees that require interaction among different groups of people, right wingers will be ill trained, unprepared, and unable to compete with the rest of the population and world. That’s going to take a huge toll on the country as the republicans drag the USA behind in educational and technological progress. 

Republicans also made it illegal for college staff to have any form of cultural training with staff. When you have universities that are very diverse, and people go there from all walks of life from different countries, even exchange students, you have to know how to interact with them. To ban that kind of training is absurd. Everything from medical students, dietetics, to business, law, and most things I can think of including teaching itself, requires a cultural understanding. But republicans want to demonize cultural understanding as part of their war on critical race theory. Let’s see how far republicans go on their college attacks. 

sue-check

mandatory survey-check

ban cultural training-check

What’s next…

20 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Republicans also made it illegal for college staff to have any form of cultural training with staff. When you have universities that are very diverse, and people go there from all walks of life from different countries, even exchange students, you have to know how to interact with them. To ban that kind of training is absurd. Everything from medical students, dietetics, to business, law, and most things I can think of including teaching itself, requires a cultural understanding. But republicans want to demonize cultural understanding as part of their war on critical race theory. Let’s see how far republicans go on their college attacks. 

sue-check

mandatory survey-check

ban cultural training-check

What’s next…

People are always free to understand other cultures on their own dime and time.

Anyway, as another thought, some church "fuddy duddy's" want church in every area of life - enforced by the government.   Democrats have a right to see the hypocrisy.

Here's an idea.   Why don't people leave cultural understanding and religion as a private matter?

5 hours ago, Jayson said:

Anyway, as another thought, some church "fuddy duddy's" want church in every area of life - enforced by the government.   Democrats have a right to see the hypocrisy.

Here's an idea.   Why don't people leave cultural understanding and religion as a private matter?

Lack of understanding culture is more than just a racial issue. Republicans are attacking CRT in the workplace now as well as colleges because they think the training is all about race. But it includes all forms of harassment. How can you train someone not to grab ass and then ban training of them to not use racist derogatory words? If someone lacks self control to sexually harass someone, then don't you think they also lose self control and do something racist? All or most jobs have this training. But republicans want to ban it. They don't want anything having to do with the mentioning of race. That's actually oppressive in its own way. Does that make any sense at all to ban the training of racial harassment prevention while discussing sexual harassment prevention or any form of work ethics? Or is that next to go too? Wouldn't want men to get offended while learning how not to offend women. So just leave that out too right? Just throw away the whole ethics thing at the workplace.

Look where this is all going. Republicans are banning all talk of race in grade schools, colleges, universities, and the workplace by passing into actual law. Are they going to ban any talk of race in all public places? What is the stopping point? Maybe republicans will start allowing people to sue others for overhearing them talk about race in public. They seem to like the idea of abusing the right to sue. When are republicans going to start attacking university books and courses? They are just getting started on their attack of universities.

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

11 hours ago, Jayson said:

It's things like that the breed xenophobia. Understanding culture is an important part of being a decent human. You don't have to agree with it, but you should understand it. you don't have to live the same way the people of India live. They don't have to live the same way the people of Holland live. The people of Holland don't have to live the way Americans live. But we need to understand their culture. For example, I fly 3 different flags in my home. They are all from my heritage. Is that not ok due to the fact that I haven't been to these countries? I proudly fly them and have no intention on ever taking them down unless I have to move them. The flags are Scotland, Germany, and Ireland. I've never been to that side of the pond. But I still fly those flags. I understand a bit of the culture of each country. I'm by no means an expert, but I still know a few things. I even speak a bit of German.

Heritage aside, understanding different cultures is always a good thing. And classes, whether at a university or a coffee shop, should always be encouraged. Honest unbiased education and knowledge are never a bad thing.

There is actually a term of what republicans are engaging in the school systems and racial issues. It's not at the point of indoctrination yet, but they are laying the groundwork for it. Actually, a private school is on the news for a teacher getting caught forcing kids to go against president Biden. I'll get to that, so some teachers are already engaging in indoctrination. But anti CRT bills getting passed and what republicans are widely engaged in is the term called 'Historical Negationism.' I might make this a topic by itself because it's important to be aware that's exactly what they are doing. Historical negationism is falsification or distortion of the historical record and could even be called denialism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_negationism

It's important to note that history education is not indoctrination as what anti CRT republicans want you to believe. History should be accurate and it should be taught. When you take that away, that denialism is historical negationism. Books can be changed; books taken off shelves as they have done; book burning etc. Holocaust deniers is historical negationism as well as many genocides, American civil war by the view of confederates, and even republican's take on slavery are all negationism. The danger of it is to deny the education and awareness of sensitive issues in order to control public opinion for political purposes. And that sort of denial promotes racial discrimination as well as decreases prevention of repeating history. 

Look how republicans have outlawed any discussion of some of the amendments to the constitution in schools. Those amendments include civil rights, women's suffrage, and the labor movement. Republicans are denying people the right to learn about those things and why it happened and why it's important. And that negationism enables the discrimination to other groups of people like LGBTQ such as Florida's Don't Say Gay bill in schools. 

Historical negationism is such a dangerous practice, that many countries have actually outlawed it. The USA should start realizing this attempt by the republicans and pass into law to ban historical negationism. That would put an end to this mess in schools. 

Turning Point Christian School was forcing pre schoolers in a chant against President Biden. This is what real indoctrination is:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-leading-preschoolers-anti-100030047.html

I guess I covered what I wanted to say here, but I still feel it's important to make it a topic by itself. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

here is actually a term of what republicans are engaging in the school systems and racial issues. It's not at the point of indoctrination yet, but they are laying the groundwork for it. Actually, a private school is on the news for a teacher getting caught forcing kids to go against president Biden.

No, I'm against that crap.   We don't need indoctrination for any politics given to kids, no matter what it is or if the view is popular in that area.  I had a teacher like that (in middle school) when I was in school.  She would make off-the-wall comments, xenophobic ones, all the time.  Also, I had a Christian fundamentalist one in high school doing the same.   Anyway, there was this bleeding heart teacher indoctrinating students too a little.   However, despite her sweet intentions, maybe she should have hushed up about it.

Anyway, I've made conservative comments on here, but I don't believe in pushing it on kids - because they don't really have much an ability to fight back.   I remember that teacher in high school and he would make all these really pompous comments and kids would just look at him like goldfish, lol.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, Jayson said:

This stuff needs to be left alone.  Well, if people really want to change things, then why can't the parents change?  For instance, as long as they back white chauvinism, and that's what this is really about, nothing changes.  There's no reason for the glamorization of racial oppression, a lot fueled by the "lost cause" narrative.

You could not be more wrong.  If we as a civilization or even just individuals don't learn about past mistakes then we would be doomed to repeat them.  Imagine a situation where we weren't allowed to learn anything about World War 2, if a whole generation were not aware of the sequence of events that lead to an openly anti-democratic and anti-semitic extremist rising to power.  It would happen again because they would know what signs to look for.

The idea that the fight for civil rights, woman's rights, the slave trade among other things should be "left alone" is ludicrous.  I don't give a shit if it makes anybody "uncomfortable".  It's important for these to be recognised for what they are which is a part of history.

The people who pushing for this kind of censorship are doing so to cover up the parts of history that paint their ancestors, religion, ethnicity or whatever in a manner that is let's say, "unflattering".  It may be that these facts work against some legislation that they are pushing or maybe their just embarrassed by it.  Either way it's pathetic.

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The idea that the fight for civil rights, woman's rights, the slave trade among other things should be "left alone" is ludicrous.  I don't give a shit if it makes anybody "uncomfortable".  It's important for these to be recognised for what they are which is a part of history.

The people who pushing for this kind of censorship are doing so to cover up the parts of history that paint their ancestors, religion, ethnicity or whatever in a manner that is let's say, "unflattering".  It may be that these facts work against some legislation that they are pushing or maybe their just embarrassed by it.  Either way it's pathetic.

These candyass chickenshits should have no say whatsoever. If they are too much of a pussy to have their kids actually learn then their only option should be homeschooling. Don't punish the rest of the kids because you're too stupid, and too much of a coward to let your kids learn reality because it makes you "uncomfortable". History isn't always comfortable. But that's no reason to ban it from schools. Do you think black students are comfortable talking about slavery? I would be willing to say they're not. But they still learn it to know what was done to their race by whites in the SA (States of America). You can't fix the scars with a fucking bandaid. You can help try to mend the scars with an education. This segregation of keeping kids from an education is going backwards 100 years. The Titanic is still being built during these kids' education timeline.

The attack on universities continues. So I actually just learned that universities have a board of regents that is appointed by the governor. These regents control the finances and administration of universities. Universities also have a 'tenure policy' which is lifetime job security for professors and would only be fired if there was good enough cause. This tenure policy is supposed to 'safeguard academic freedom' and 'protect professors from controversial research, publication, and ideas.' The American Association of University Professors formed in 1915 due to dismissals of professors for talking about controversial issues and formed the standard university 'tenure policy' in 1940 from the Statement of Principles on Academic Freedom and Tenure. This gives professors freedom of speech and ideas without allowing the institution or government to fire them over controversy. 

The Texas Lt Governor Dan Patrick now wants to end the tenure policy as CRT being their excuse. And they are going to get it passed since Texas politicians have no living and breathing democrats. And they have the nerve to use parents as an excuse again saying parents pay for their child's tuition. Umm maybe in their spoiled little world that's the case. 

Now that university tenure is going to get scrapped across the board, professors will no longer have job security, freedom of thought or publication or even research. And if they are black, with no tenure policy, you damn right those board regents appointed by the governor will fire them. Because without tenure policy, those polarized appointed regents will be free to wage their Historical Negationism on universities and staff. 

https://www.aaup.org/report/1940-statement-principles-academic-freedom-and-tenure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Association_of_University_Professors

Fascist attacks on universities so far:

1) Sue the universities

2) Mandatory surveys

3) Ban race related staff policy training

4) Get rid of tenure policy

What will be next??? You think it's going to end? Nope. The day of widespread book burning and mass incarceration of teachers has yet to come. We twiddle our thumbs while they go to sleep and wake up thinking about the same thing on how to screw over education. 

Equality and Affirmative Action will be a thing of the past as they white wash the country. Not only will native Americans have their reservations (which will be shrunk down by at least half) but anyone else who is not white will be contained to certain areas. They will be forced to stay in the lowest parts of the country. Banished to the worst communities, and poorest areas this country has. They may even be deported or forced to places like Death Valley. Anyone of Asian descent will be sent across the Pacific even if they have never even been to Asia. Blacks will be forced to Africa even if they have never even been to Africa. Only whites of European descent will have any kind of rights or freedom in this country. As long as they are cis, straight, christian, republiKKKlans.

That is the education our children are currently receiving. They are effectively dumbing down this country to the point that grilling burgers at McDonalds will require a college degree just to understand how the hell it works.

Edited by The Blackangel

This bill proposed by New Hampshire shows republican's true intention in their anti CRT motive. New Hampshire House Bill 1255 is titled 'Relative To Teacher's Loyalty'. Now just think about that title with Teacher's Loyalty. Do you think talking about race related history or any civil rights is disloyal? This bill takes after laws from 1949 where the USA had the Red Scare and made it illegal for teachers to mention anything about communism. So in todays climate and anti CRT where talking about history, the constitutional amendments, racism or any civil rights topics that may offend some white person somewhere to them is considered a Red Scare. What about the Nazi fascist scare that all that republicans are engaging in right here in present day? Democratic states better start passing laws to protect education for the long term before a republican gets elected there. Like banning Historical Negationism would be a good law all states and government should get behind.