Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does using a console controller make you worse with keyboard/mouse?

The only stuff is that if you're used to either keyword or controller, it will be hard to go opposite after a long while. Upon that, I have the time to use my keyboard or mouse to play my PC games, but I never pushed to play it that way, because I don't enjoy gaming on a keyboard not mouse, controller is the best for me.  

On 2/26/2022 at 9:36 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Have you found that playing with a console controller for a long time and not using a keyboard/mouse has made you worse with the keyboard/mouse than you might have been if you had not been gaming at all?

Playing with a console controller has got to be part of the things I do. Most times, I don't use the mouse to play since I don't feel comfortable with it. 

M/KB is way more accurate, but not necessarily more fun. Games like Destiny, Halo, Killzone, and The Last of Us were designed specifically with controllers in mind.

The desired input device affects everything about movement speed, jumping height, level layout, weapon design, etc. Multiplayer Halo 2 just felt way off to me on PC, where you're playing against people with M/KB. The flow just isn't right. By the same token, CS:GO feels atrocious with a controller.

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well I always used my controller while gaming because I only game on my console not on PC. 

Majority of the people in here are console gamers than PC gamers. I am only comfortable with playing with the controller, but doesn't mean I can't handle the keyboard better. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:39 PM, Justin11 said:

Majority of the people in here are console gamers than PC gamers. I am only comfortable with playing with the controller, but doesn't mean I can't handle the keyboard better. 

I am a console player but I can handle the keyboard to an extent.. I mean, depending on the video games am playing on PC.

2 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

I am a console player but I can handle the keyboard to an extent.. I mean, depending on the video games am playing on PC.

I got you man, it shows you've been playing with the keyboard for sometime now. Because if you're a complete beginner you wouldn't sound this way. 

8 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I got you man, it shows you've been playing with the keyboard for sometime now. Because if you're a complete beginner you wouldn't sound this way. 

Actually I played video game with my PC na longtime ago, that was when I bought my first laptop. That was when I knew how to game with the keyboard, just that I had to quit playing on PC because it ruined my laptop battery back then. The battery experience was the reason I stick to console gaming only.

13 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

Actually I played video game with my PC na longtime ago, that was when I bought my first laptop. That was when I knew how to game with the keyboard, just that I had to quit playing on PC because it ruined my laptop battery back then. The battery experience was the reason I stick to console gaming only.

That's interesting to share your experience with me around your time with PC gaming in the past. Their is no doubt, playing on consoles are better, since it doesn't have to do with battery stuff, rather with power supply. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

That's interesting to share your experience with me around your time with PC gaming in the past. Their is no doubt, playing on consoles are better, since it doesn't have to do with battery stuff, rather with power supply. 

Thank you for your observations. Although both console and PC have their advantages and disadvantages. The sweet advantage of PC is that you can take your laptop anywhere at anytime and decides to game with it but console is not like that.