Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does using a console controller make you worse with keyboard/mouse?

18 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I can't practice with a controller forever, I am trying to push on with using a keyboard/mouse, because I know I will soon get a PC sooner. 

It's really a good thing to be able to play with the controller and keyboard at the same time. But am not open to start learning how to use the keyboard, it's going to be stressful. I'll prefer sticking with the controller I already know how to use.

17 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

It's really a good thing to be able to play with the controller and keyboard at the same time. But am not open to start learning how to use the keyboard, it's going to be stressful. I'll prefer sticking with the controller I already know how to use.

Stick with the controller you are familiarize with, then learn how to make use of other controls gradually, so you can adjust to any option when it present itself in the future. 

I decided to use my mouse last night to play games on my laptop after my favourite controller disappointed me. Not that I don't have alternative PC controller, but that one is a master controller for me, the annoyance couldn't let me fox another and continue in the game. 

On 4/1/2022 at 5:44 PM, Justin11 said:

Stick with the controller you are familiarize with, then learn how to make use of other controls gradually, so you can adjust to any option when it present itself in the future. 

You're really on point with your suggestions. Just that I don't see myself learning keyboard/mouse just for gaming purposes because already am not a fan of playing video games on PC

16 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

You're really on point with your suggestions. Just that I don't see myself learning keyboard/mouse just for gaming purposes because already am not a fan of playing video games on PC

Unless you aren't going to get into playing with PC in the future. I know how difficult it is playing video games with the keyboard. 

No matter how hard I try to be make use of PC keyboard and mouse, I never get as good as I used to be when it comes to using console controller. Although, using the MetalStrike FF Joystick for PC have given me a whole different dimension of feeling. 

When you've been doing one thing for a very long time, their is no doubt, you'll be addicted to it, when you change to another, you'll struggle. I know definitely I'll struggle when I migrate from using console controller to playing with the mouse. 

On 5/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, Justin11 said:

When you've been doing one thing for a very long time, their is no doubt, you'll be addicted to it, when you change to another, you'll struggle. I know definitely I'll struggle when I migrate from using console controller to playing with the mouse. 

Exactly, you're very correct. When you don't play with a particular controller especially when it's something you never started your gaming life with in order for you to be naturally good at it, when you leave it out for too long and get back to it, you will definitely struggle with it. 

It's just like mathematics, if you leave it for a long time, it's going to leave you as well, there is no two ways about it. So, if you don't want to lose how good you are with the controllers, you should never stop using them completely for a long time. 

25 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's just like mathematics, if you leave it for a long time, it's going to leave you as well, there is no two ways about it. So, if you don't want to lose how good you are with the controllers, you should never stop using them completely for a long time. 

You don't even have to mention mathematics at all because I really hate that subject. But anyways, just like what you suggested, I have been doing it a lot lately with my PC gaming. I try to play with keyboard and mouse at least once in a week. 

On 5/24/2022 at 12:43 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly, you're very correct. When you don't play with a particular controller especially when it's something you never started your gaming life with in order for you to be naturally good at it, when you leave it out for too long and get back to it, you will definitely struggle with it. 

Yeah, it will just be a brand new adventure if I abandon the controller and using a keyboard, for instance when I have a PC or gaming device that makes use of keyboards alone. 

I really find playing games without controller really difficult, but as soon as I started using my keyboard more than I had chance for my controllers I started to lose touch of my swift gaming skill with controllers.

It goes both ways now I just try to use both as much as i can, though I'm always with my PC I got a hand controller that is compatible with it just in case I want to play some games and I don't feel like using my keyboard.