Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does using a console controller make you worse with keyboard/mouse?

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The best will be, combining both in order to use anyone comfortably to avoid any issues of feeling discomfort. 

The problem would be having the time to play on both platforms always in order for you to be used to them. Playing on consoles alone for me have been time consuming. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

The problem would be having the time to play on both platforms always in order for you to be used to them. Playing on consoles alone for me have been time consuming. 

It's time consuming, because you wouldn't do other stuffs just gaming at that moment. But in mobile, you can be playing games, and then switch to other things and later coming back completing the game. I don't know, if one can minimize the game on PS5, like opening another tab or application via PS5. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

Those that play more on consoles always find it very hard to adapt with playing using keyboard and mouse unless on rare occasions. The controls are completely different and it's why they find hard. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Those that play more on consoles always find it very hard to adapt with playing using keyboard and mouse unless on rare occasions. The controls are completely different and it's why they find hard. 

That's very correct mate. It took me at least 6 months before I got used to playing with the PC mouse and keyboard. It felt really weird at the first time I used it. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It depends on whether they have been using mouse and keyboard often in the past before they started playing games with it. I played more on consoles but used mouse and keyboard very well for other work. When I started playing on PC, using them was a bit easier for me. 

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It depends on whether they have been using mouse and keyboard often in the past before they started playing games with it. I played more on consoles but used mouse and keyboard very well for other work. When I started playing on PC, using them was a bit easier for me. 

Your point is completely understandable. Something that you have used to working with for years will be part of you and that makes it easy. 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:41 PM, Justin11 said:

It's time consuming, because you wouldn't do other stuffs just gaming at that moment. But in mobile, you can be playing games, and then switch to other things and later coming back completing the game. I don't know, if one can minimize the game on PS5, like opening another tab or application via PS5. 

It's only on consoles that are you are forced to be on the game only because there's nothing like multi tasking for consoles but for PC and mobile phones, you are covered. 

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Your point is completely understandable. Something that you have used to working with for years will be part of you and that makes it easy. 

At some point now, I don't look at my keyboard when I'm typing because I have mastered where almost all the buttons are placed. 

16 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

At some point now, I don't look at my keyboard when I'm typing because I have mastered where almost all the buttons are placed. 

If I ever should try doing that, I wouldn't be happy with the garbage I'm going to have typed in. It's not possible for me to do it with gaming at all. 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:09 AM, Aniekwe said:

I don't have any problems with using both console controllers and PC keyboard and mouse. I started using both of them at a very young age, so they are part of me. 

It was a bit challenging for me when I started but within few months I of playing with mouse and keyboard, I get better with it nicely. 

On 5/28/2022 at 5:19 PM, Dannyjax said:

You're at a pro level then, because it's not all users even for just ordinary typing can pull that off easily. 

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

You're at a pro level then, because it's not all users even for just ordinary typing can pull that off easily. 

I'm still trying to get more better than I am already. It helps me so much with my PC gaming. It makes it a lot easier.