Register Now
StaceyPowers

What was your worst loss of save data?

GTA V. I don't know what happened but there just wasn't a save file for the single player on my PS4. Starting the story from the beginning is not a huge problem since I had completed the story on the Xbox 360 so wasn't going to complete it fully again. But unfortunately, Rockstar forces you to play the start before you can jump on to the online mode. That was annoying.

Zelda A Link To The Past

I had a game on the cart that I had since I was a kid, because it was a file that I did a complete runthrough without stopping. I never stopped to save and played the entire game in one go. I wanted that perfect score, and I also wanted to know if I could beat the entire game in one go. But then a couple years ago, the file got lost from my foot catching on the cord to the controller, and the file was lost. A file that I had had for about 20 years that actually meant a lot to me. Needless to say, I was pissed.

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

Resident Evil 4 around 9 years ago, i just lost the memory card that had a huge progress on it and had to repeat from all over (RE4 is tough btw)

Very painful indeed, I know how painful it is to restart again. At times I lose interest in such game especially when I've calculated the time and investment wasted in the past. 

On 2/28/2022 at 12:46 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Very painful indeed, I know how painful it is to restart again. At times I lose interest in such game especially when I've calculated the time and investment wasted in the past. 

the good thing is that i tried again after around 10 years, so no spoilers or boredom 😄

On 2/26/2022 at 11:00 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What was the most painful loss of saved game data you ever experienced?

If my memory serves me correctly, it should be at least 30 hours of gameplay in Assassin’s Creed Revelations. 

I have recently lost about 20 hours of progress in a game, because I started playing it on games pass, but then ended up buying the game for steam. I expected games to be able to seamlessly switch platforms on PC, but apparently not. Many old games did this without much issue, microsoft's PC games ecosystem is ridiculously flawed, I wish they'd just throw in the towel  completely and move all games to steam like they did with the bethesda launcher.

It was a long time ago, but I think it was or were on of the old tom clancy game back in the day and I Lost it after the drive pooped itself. I lost allot of things from the drive 😞 even images Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I still got that drive today and can't recover it as it will cost to much

On 3/2/2022 at 10:50 PM, Prof elohstar said:

I remember it was God of war on my PlayStation 2 back then. I was almost done with the game then all of a sudden I couldn't find the data saved! I was so pissed. I had to start the game afresh before I could finally complete it.

There could be a very good reason why that data loss happened. Did you back test to discover what went wrong?