Register Now
kingpotato

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Pokémon fans, I gotta ask.  Why for decades at this point do you just allow Nintendo to fuck you over?  They release two games which are just one game with a split roster so you have to effectively buy the game twice to get all the content.  They've pulling this bullshit since the nineties and nobody really seems to care!  I mean could you imagine if Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat tried the same thing with their rosters!?  The internet would go nuclear with rage but Nintendo and Pokémon just get away with it?  Why?

32 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Pokémon fans, I gotta ask.  Why for decades at this point do you just allow Nintendo to fuck you over?  They release two games which are just one game with a split roster so you have to effectively buy the game twice to get all the content.  They've pulling this bullshit since the nineties and nobody really seems to care!  I mean could you imagine if Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat tried the same thing with their rosters!?  The internet would go nuclear with rage but Nintendo and Pokémon just get away with it?  Why?

Most people just get one of the two. I do think it's a little bullshit how a few 'mons are locked to the other version though but it's nothing too serious.

Edited by NightmareFarm

49 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Because we like it xD

Yaranaikachu.png

54 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

hahahhaa no, in all seriousness. I personally have not purchased any pokemon game since Omega ruby on the 3ds and that was only for the multiplayer aspect. Yeah I agree for example the last release of sword and shield was a total rip off and the game itself is not even that good. Back in the 3ds it didnt matter which version you bough since you could easily exchange pokemons with other people wireless so it was not that big of a deal, and before the 3ds and nds it was also not a big deal due to the limitations of the hardware gameboy, gba etc. But recently nintendo is getting super greedy and Im not buying any pokemon game now if im not getting the full pokedex on it or if I have to pay for a dlc. Specially if the game is crap , Nintendo should just change get someone else to do pokemon games or gamefreak needs to step up their game.

This would be a logistical nightmare. Having the game scale levels of Pokémon to your own Pokémon or certain milestones in the story might not be hard, but you would also need to create different teams for every gym leader in every possible combination for the order they player battles them. Even with eight gym leaders this would be a lot. Cool thought but I would be blown away if this happened

2 hours ago, Empire said:

This would be a logistical nightmare. Having the game scale levels of Pokémon to your own Pokémon or certain milestones in the story might not be hard, but you would also need to create different teams for every gym leader in every possible combination for the order they player battles them. Even with eight gym leaders this would be a lot. Cool thought but I would be blown away if this happened

Its not really that big of an issue, on almost every Pokemon game at one point I changed my team accordingly to a specific gym, its not a lot really, well if you are into Pokemon games it doesnt feel a lot

There is been some rumours that Pokemon Violet and Scarlet will go back to the old normal catching mechanics instead of the news ones introduced in Pokemon Arceus. If this is true then its a huge step back. That was the whole problem with the previous installments, that they were all the same, and the new catching mechanics in Arceus made the game feel new and better but this is not good news, it basically means again we are probably getting a half assed pokemon game, such a shame.

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the craze for the pokemon came back since Go release. And for most gamers it is a phase.

Yeah it kinda picked up again with pokemon go and yes for the most part Pokemon games are directed to the more casual player base

On 3/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, Crazycrab said:

I no longer play Pokemon but you could just trade with some of the Pokemon with people who have the other version of the game. Not saying I don't agree with you which I do for the most part but that's what I used to do. I've never bought both Pokemon games whenever they came out - it was always nonsensical to me because its the same freaking game with a few Pokemon exclusive to each version.

I've never played any of these Pokemon games myself. Never was too big into Pokemon growing up, so never saw a point in trying the games. But I am starting to become tempted to play them, as they all look to be pretty decent and fun games. So maybe I've been missing out this whole time.