Register Now
Techno

I don't like Red Dead Redemption 2

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Red Dead Online is a shit show. You have little chance of being able to actually play the game due to the massive amount of PK's on there. PK's are "player killers" if you're not familiar with the acronym. They're gamers who log in just for the purpose of hunting and killing other gamers instead of playing the game. It's obviously strictly an online gaming problem. They don't bother with NPC's, they're specifically targeting actual gamer's characters. And you may not even know it until you're already dead. After you die they loot your ass and steal your horse. Then you're left with nothing. And there's no real save system in the game. You lose it, it's gone. It wasn't a bad idea in theory, but it's become a major league bad one in practice.

I did gave the game a try when it came out and what I really hated so much was the no save system, who does that? Like what were they thinking making the game like that? 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Red Dead Online is a shit show. You have little chance of being able to actually play the game due to the massive amount of PK's on there. PK's are "player killers" if you're not familiar with the acronym. They're gamers who log in just for the purpose of hunting and killing other gamers instead of playing the game. It's obviously strictly an online gaming problem. They don't bother with NPC's, they're specifically targeting actual gamer's characters. And you may not even know it until you're already dead. After you die they loot your ass and steal your horse. Then you're left with nothing. And there's no real save system in the game. You lose it, it's gone. It wasn't a bad idea in theory, but it's become a major league bad one in practice.

Uhh... No, all that is incorrect, I have been playing RDR online for more than a year now and I can safely say most of what was mention here is not accurate. First of all about the PKs there is always one in every lobby but you rarely get to interact with them since the game is so big and they mostly stay in Valentine, I can play for hours and never actually encounter a PK, also thats the whole point of the online game, the game encourage you to attack other players while their doing missions to steal their prize money. But even of thats the case you dont loose your items, whatever consumables or money you have cannot be looted, the only thing that will loose is the prize money of the mission itself. And they CANNOT STEAL YOUR HORSE that is not possible with in the game, they can kill it sure but you can just buy inssurance for it and it will revive at the stable, or you can just revive it your self if you have horse medicine. And regarding the save system, its an online game, every action is saved, every money you earn is save, every consumable is saved, every piece of clothing that you buy is saved, every bullet looted or purchased is saved,  everything is saved automatically, you dont loose your items. The only thing you will loose are any hunt pelts on your horse if you dont redeem them at the butcher or camp.

I know the online game is not for everybody but Im sorry everything that you mentioned is incorrect.

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I did gave the game a try when it came out and what I really hated so much was the no save system, who does that? Like what were they thinking making the game like that? 

WTF are you saying ? its an online game the game automatically saves whatever action you make, I honestly doubt you even played the game you are just repeating what Blackangel said

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Uhh... No, all that is incorrect, I have been playing RDR online for more than a year now and I can safely say most of what was mention here is not accurate. First of all about the PK's there is always one in every lobby but you rarely get to interact with them since the game is so big and they mostly stay in Valentine, I can play for hours and never actually encounter a PK, also that's the whole point of the online game, the game encourage you to attack other players while their doing missions to steal their prize money. But even of that's the case you don't loose your items, whatever consumables or money you have cannot be looted, the only thing that will loose is the prize money of the mission itself. And they CANNOT STEAL YOUR HORSE that is not possible with in the game, they can kill it sure but you can just buy insurance for it and it will revive at the stable, or you can just revive it your self if you have horse medicine. And regarding the save system, its an online game, every action is saved, every money you earn is save, every consumable is saved, every piece of clothing that you buy is saved, every bullet looted or purchased is saved,  everything is saved automatically, you don't loose your items. The only thing you will loose are any hunt pelts on your horse if you don't redeem them at the butcher or camp.

Where are you playing it? I've played it and know a ton of people who played it, and all of us have the same complaints. Just because you haven't encountered it doesn't mean it's incorrect. And they CAN steal your horse. It's a horse, not a tank. PK's are all over the map. Their only intention is to kill other players. They don't do any kind of missions. And you missed what I was saying about losing things completely. When you're body is looted, what they steal from you is gone, and you're not getting it back. And with the save issue, you can't click save after you do something to make sure you keep it in case something happens and causes you to lose your stuff. It's not an actual save. It's temporary memory saved on cloud. It can easily be hacked or deleted. I'm no hacker, but I can even hack into it. I had to do it once for @Rain Dew because she forgot her login. But I let mine expire. Not just because I despise online gaming, but because RDR Online is exactly what I previously said.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Where are you playing it? I've played it and know a ton of people who played it, and all of us have the same complaints. Just because you haven't encountered it doesn't mean it's incorrect. And they CAN steal your horse. It's a horse, not a tank. PK's are all over the map. Their only intention is to kill other players. They don't do any kind of missions. And you missed what I was saying about losing things completely. When you're body is looted, what they steal from you is gone, and you're not getting it back. And with the save issue, you can't click save after you do something to make sure you keep it in case something happens and causes you to lose your stuff. It's not an actual save. It's temporary memory saved on cloud. It can easily be hacked or deleted. I'm no hacker, but I can even hack into it. I had to do it once for @Rain Dew because she forgot her login. But I let mine expire. Not just because I despise online gaming, but because RDR Online is exactly what I previously said.

Im playing it on PS4, You cannot keep stolen horses, you can only keep horses that you purchases, so NO they cannot steal your horse,yes they can unseat you and kill your horse, but your horse will stay with you, the only ways you to lose a horse is only if they kill it, if your horse survives the encounter he will go back to you, or if you have it inssured it will go back to the stable. 
As I said earlier yes there is always a PK in every session, but the server can only hold up to 32 players at the same time , and nowadays maps are only half way full so your chances to encounter a PK are very slim, unless you go to valentine for some reason there is always someone fighting there. But then again PK are very easy to dealt with and you can just run away from them or just trigger an even and you will get rid of them, again the purpose of the game is for this encounters to happen as often as possible so in a way PKs are pretty much part of the game. 
And again its an Online game, you dont need to click somewhere to save, everything is automatically saved, you will lose your progress if you are playing on an event, or during a mission, or if you are carrying a pelt on your horse, but other than everything else will be stored in your bag and saved automatically.

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Im playing it on PS4, You cannot keep stolen horses, you can only keep horses that you purchases, so NO they cannot steal your horse,yes they can unseat you and kill your horse, but your horse will stay with you, the only ways you to lose a horse is only if they kill it, if your horse survives the encounter he will go back to you, or if you have it inssured it will go back to the stable. 
As I said earlier yes there is always a PK in every session, but the server can only hold up to 32 players at the same time , and nowadays maps are only half way full so your chances to encounter a PK are very slim, unless you go to valentine for some reason there is always someone fighting there. But then again PK are very easy to dealt with and you can just run away from them or just trigger an even and you will get rid of them, again the purpose of the game is for this encounters to happen as often as possible so in a way PKs are pretty much part of the game. 
And again its an Online game, you dont need to click somewhere to save, everything is automatically saved, you will lose your progress if you are playing on an event, or during a mission, or if you are carrying a pelt on your horse, but other than everything else will be stored in your bag and saved automatically.

I've stolen horses in RDR Online, and I've had horses stolen from me in RDR Online. It's not impossible, it's actually quite easy. You walk up to the horse, climb on, and ride away. You're missing the problem with PK's. And you're playing somewhere that makes me wonder if you've explored much. If you get out and really look, you will find them everywhere.

24 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I've stolen horses in RDR Online, and I've had horses stolen from me in RDR Online. It's not impossible, it's actually quite easy. You walk up to the horse, climb on, and ride away. You're missing the problem with PK's. And you're playing somewhere that makes me wonder if you've explored much. If you get out and really look, you will find them everywhere.

I think we were misundertanding each other. Yes you can unseat another player and ride their horse, but you cannot keep that horse for yourself. Im usually playing around Rhodes and Saint Dennis, there is always a PK lurking around but I just avoid them.

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The game is designed to screw the real active gamers in the game and it's something that I find very displeasing. 

I mean, everyone loves different things so there's nothing wrong with not liking Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm not sure I agree with your point on westerns all feeling the same though. I honestly can't think of that many western games. And the truth is, so many other game genres have games that all feel the same so it can be hard to differentiate but I thought RDR2 did it well.

23 minutes ago, Darth said:

I mean, everyone loves different things so there's nothing wrong with not liking Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm not sure I agree with your point on westerns all feeling the same though. I honestly can't think of that many western games. And the truth is, so many other game genres have games that all feel the same so it can be hard to differentiate but I thought RDR2 did it well.

Preferences will differ always amongst gamers, it's been that way ever since video games came out. With Red Dead Redemption 2, with how everything is designed in the game, even it's characters and gameplay, I have nothing to dislike in the game. 

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I think we were misundertanding each other. Yes you can unseat another player and ride their horse, but you cannot keep that horse for yourself. Im usually playing around Rhodes and Saint Dennis, there is always a PK lurking around but I just avoid them.

Different experiences, different perspectives. It’s all good.

The only problem i have with RDR 2 Is the lack of single player expansions when you finish the game you just want more, rockstar could have atleast add another whole story into the world of rdr 2 that takes place after the game with either charles or sadie or why not both as playable characters, you know something similair to what they did with gta 4 dlc.

17 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

The only problem i have with RDR 2 Is the lack of single player expansions when you finish the game you just want more, rockstar could have atleast add another whole story into the world of rdr 2 that takes place after the game with either charles or sadie or why not both as playable characters, you know something similair to what they did with gta 4 dlc.

Maybe it's something they would do in Red Dead Redemption 3 if they were to ever make it. Do you see that happening? 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Maybe it's something they would do in Red Dead Redemption 3 if they were to ever make it. Do you see that happening? 

Hmm, what more is there to tell john and arthur their respective stories have been told, can't really see what more they could possible add more to the red dead universe. Offcourse we know sadie and what became of her after rdr 2 (just trying to avoid spoilers) imo she would make one hell of protaganist  and charles went up "north" so what became of him we don't know for sure. Maybe rockstar should put us into the shoes of a sheriff, i mean why not, would be a nice change.

What are your thoughts boblee, are you thinking of something else?

Edited by Yaramaki