Register Now
Techno

I don't like Red Dead Redemption 2

As to the possibility of a RDR3, I've heard it hinted at as being another prequel, but this time ending in Blackwater. Or just being mainly based around how Arthur, Hosea, and Dutch got together and their life as the gang built up. Typically stuff before Blackwater. I can't say for sure any of it, but game stores like Gamestop have been talking about it. Well, around here they have at least.

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Between working on a new Red Dead Redemption 3 and GTA 6, which one would you like to see Rockstar focus on as a priority? 

Due to my personal taste in games, I would obviously prefer to see an RDR3 release.

But realistically speaking, it's been 12 years since GTA5 was released and only 4 since RDR2 was released. So they're way overdue for another GTA game. So no matter what your preference is, they're going to give the GTA franchise priority. They have already said that GTA6 is underway. They have made no mention of any work for another RDR game. The series may end with RDR2, or it may take them 12 years to say anything about it. Sometimes a studio will start working on the next in a series on the date of release for a game. Sometimes they choose to go out on top with a series. AAA games are tricky for devs in that sense. GTA5 dropped on September 17, 2013. They could have started working on GTA6 on that day. Rockstar is a big company, so I'm sure they have a team that is always working on the next in a series. All we can realistically do, is wait and see.

Edited by The Blackangel

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Due to my personal taste in games, I would obviously prefer to see an RDR3 release.

But realistically speaking, it's been 12 years since GTA5 was released and only 4 since RDR2 was released. So they're way overdue for another GTA game. So no matter what your preference is, they're going to give the GTA franchise priority. They have already said that GTA6 is underway. They have made no mention of any work for another RDR game. The series may end with RDR2, or it may take them 12 years to say anything about it. Sometimes a studio will start working on the next in a series on the date of release for a game. Sometimes they choose to go out on top with a series. AAA games are tricky for devs in that sense. GTA5 dropped on September 17, 2013. They could have started working on GTA6 on that day. Rockstar is a big company, so I'm sure they have a team that is always working on the next in a series. All we can realistically do, is wait and see.

I had the same thoughts especially when it comes to the duration both game's last releases have been around. 12 years far out since the release of GTA 5 compared to 4 years out for RDR2, the answer for which one to be their priority is very obvious. 

11 hours ago, williamserna said:

the story is amazing, the online version is kinda left out by the developers, we haven't had any updates for a long time lol, but I don't dislike the game. but hey we all have an opinion. 

Yeah, that's for sure on each and every one of us who's played the game having their own preferences towards the games they play and there no changing that if it's what they feel like towards the game. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

If Rockstar should ever turn from making GTA 6 and announce they are abandoning it for RDR3, GTA fan base would torch the EARTH with their wrath 😂

instead they made the remastered version of the originals lol, maybe next year we'll get GTA V remastered 🤣

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Just realized I fucked up in my previous post. It's been 9 years since GTA5 was released, not 12. Not sure where I got the 12 from. Judging from the time of the post says it was made, I must have been half asleep when I made it.

It's something that can happen to anyone, no one is above mistakes and the good thing is that you still followed it back and figured it out. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it was released in 2013, I played it back then on PS3, since then rockstar have failed to bring something new to us apart from the underperformed trilogy, we expect GTA 6. 

You definitely didn't play Red Dead Redemption 2 because there is no way you would expect me to believe that you played it after reading this comment you made.