Register Now
egghead

Dirt Rally 2.0

Dirt Rally 2.0 is a simulation game, available for PlayStation, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. If you like racing simulation game, you will surely like Dirt Rally 2.0. The game was first released in 2015 and 2.0 version was released in 2019. The game offers realistic driving physics.

Man, I started all the way back with the original Dirt. It was fun then, and it's fun now. Although I personally enjoyed the stage layout over the career mode that the Rally games have. I kind of suck at these type of games, so I got stuck on the all the same races when I tried DR1.

I played a couple of the Dirt games, but never Dirt Rally. I heard it was pretty decent, so I may have to check it out one of these days. Only issue is, I'm not too into racing games like I used to be. 

21 hours ago, Syntax said:

I wonder how this stacks up against games like Gran Turismo with its specific dirt/rally aspects 

Gran Turismo is definitely way ahead of the game by all means necessary in my opinion and experiences with both of them. 

31 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Gran Turismo is definitely way ahead of the game by all means necessary in my opinion and experiences with both of them. 

idk, I feel like Gran Turismo is more about the cars and the look rather than the actual driving. I feel like other games do racing just as good, if not, even better than it. But I'm not much for racing games myself, so I can't fully judge on the genre as a whole. All I know is that there are many great racing franchises that have done great over the last decade and more that have matched or done as good as Gran Turismo, or even better. 

On 3/6/2022 at 10:49 PM, Syntax said:

I wonder how this stacks up against games like Gran Turismo with its specific dirt/rally aspects 

They are both sim car racing games, so they are related in a way but not entirely the same thing because of their driving mechanics. 

On 4/13/2022 at 2:22 AM, Boblee said:

Yeah, I have played the game, even though I'm yet to complete it. I have had a good experience with it. 

I have not played simulation game much. In your opinion, which is the best racing game?

On 4/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, egghead said:

I have not played simulation game much. In your opinion, which is the best racing game?

I wouldn't say that either of them is the best because what they offer is a little bit different and unique. It's more about which one you prefer more and it's simulation racing games got the better of me now.