Register Now
ZandraJoi

127 Hours movie

Based off of a book by Aron Ralston- Between a rock & a hard place, 2004.

This 2010 movie stars James Franco. It’s a biographical survival drama film about canyoneer Aron Ralston who gets trapped by a boulder in Utah & has to figure out how to help himself.

It’s a deep movie but I can’t help but get irked with the character for going alone. You don’t go hiking by yourself. It’s dangerous! What did you think of this? Did you read the book as well? What would you do if you were in this situation?

Was a good movie that I remember enjoying when I saw it a few years ago. I often like Danny Boyle's stuff. And James Franco nailed it. Definitely makes you think twice before leaving to go on a wilderness expedition. lol

I watched this in the cinema and although some very annoying guys kept speaking throughout it I was totally immersed into the situation Aron was in. James Franco is absolutely fantastic and as always (well, most of the time) Danny Boyle's direction was perfect for the story. I hope those two team up again in the future.

5 hours ago, egghead said:

I don't know this movie but I really liked Castaway, featuring Tom Hands. The movie is about surviving in an uninhibited island.

When it comes to the "post farming", "posting for points" and "shitposting" being discussed here of which I'm certain your aware of, THIS is what were talking about.  If you have nothing to contribute to the topic at hand then why are you posting in it trying to turn the conversation to something else?

If you want to discuss Castaway post in a topic about that.  If there isn't one, start one.  If you don't want to do either of those then just don't post!  It's not like this particular thread is anything unique here, I could make all the exact same points about just about everything you're posted today!

This kind of shit derails topics, buries other threads and contributes nothing but effectively spam on the activities page that others have to go through to see the what's been under discussion lately.  Don't see it as a problem, take a look a the activity page and gawk at how much scrolling it takes to get through this crap:

https://www.vgr.com/forum/discover/

@egghead I'm only telling you this for your own good.  When put yourself out there like this it looks like you flat out do not give a squirt of piss about what your posting.  All that matters to you is that their there, not what's in them.  If I'm wrong and you actually have any pride at all would you please listen to people like me, @Shagger and I'm sure several others about this.

Edited by Shagger

Face it @egghead, @Crazycrab has point and he is right. And this is the same thing I was talking about in the Xena thread. You make posts where it's abundantly clear you have literally nothing to say on the topic, so just post anything at all. In the Xena thread you made a post that says nothing except that you have nothing to say, and here you don't know about about the movie 127 Hours (a great film, by the way), so just post about a completely different movie. Why? Like @Crazycrab said, if you want to talk about Castaway, then talk about Castaway, just on thread about about Castaway! Or Tom Hanks, or whatever. A thread that's relevant to that, a thread that is applicable. If there isn't a thread that's applicable, start one. It really is not difficult. 

Here's a tip, if you have nothing to say, then say nothing. Nobody is forcing you to reply to thread just because you clicked on it. There is never a good excuse to attempt to derail a thread, but doing just because you can't think of anything to say that is relevant to topic is ludicrous. Please stop it.

Edited by Shagger