Register Now
The Blackangel

Damn Computer Crashed

I’m not going to be able to be as involved here as normal for the foreseeable future, because my damn computer completely crashed today. Crashed to the point that all that comes up is a single line of text talking about the boot device. Literally nothing else. I’m just hoping my files can be saved. I’m posting this from my phone, which is severely limiting. So until I get this shit all taken care of, I won’t be posting nearly as much.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

We will miss you in the mean time ☹️

11c2c8fc3c0678101a020aaabb898e63.jpg

I'm still going to be here, just not as much as I would like. One of the biggest problems is that I can't afford the extortionist rates to take it in. So I may end up downgrading to the all-in-one that I was using before this gaming PC, until I have the money saved up to get this one fixed. One of @Rain Dew's friend's boyfriend is a computer tech so we're going to see what he says. She took a pic of the screen and sent it to him. I hope he can figure out exactly what to do. I went into bios and clicked to reset everything to default. Assuming that something in there was the problem, hopefully that will do the trick. It was too much tech for me to be able to read. I just saw a "reset to default" option, so I clicked it.

We'll see.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Ever did worked it out and knowing what was the crashes, FOr me I do not get many crashes other then software running on windows and since I know my in's and out's I can work it out and fix it myself. 

I was able to do that during the Win98 era. But I don't have that ability anymore. No longer can I fix a computer. Hell I can't even get my printer to get back to wireless.

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

What could have been the cause of this unexpected crash of your computer 🖥 system? Could it be virus or something else? 

I honestly have no clue what caused it. But we got it figured out. Something happened in the bios, so I had to go in and restore that to the default settings. That fixed the problem. I just hope this shit doesn't happen again.

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I honestly have no clue what caused it. But we got it figured out. Something happened in the bios, so I had to go in and restore that to the default settings. That fixed the problem. I just hope this shit doesn't happen again.

At least you were successful in sorting it out.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's good then, at you didn't even have to take it to any tech person to help and get it fix, so it saved you money as well. 

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Got blue screen of death or something? most of the time if something goes poop you get error reports, If it wasn't the OS then it's hardware or the bios - Sounds like that by resetting the bios stoppped it has it maybe was your CPU/GPU was OC..?

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Got blue screen of death or something? most of the time if something goes poop you get error reports, If it wasn't the OS then it's hardware or the bios - Sounds like that by resetting the bios stoppped it has it maybe was your CPU/GPU was OC..?

I'm kinda glad to have picked up her trick on how to fix that should I probably experience that with my system in in future, I would know exactly what to do immediately. 

22 hours ago, Empire said:

No blue screen. I've had to deal with that in the past, and knew how to take care of that. This was just a black screen with a single line of text in gray. It's been long enough that I don't remember what it said. But one of @Rain Dew's friends helped out. All it took was a reset of Bios, and all was good. Until the next time it crashes.