Register Now
Knight Plug

Double Dragon

On 3/5/2022 at 8:35 PM, Candy Stick said:

Was Streets of Rage just copying this? 

The punks and whip wielding ladies are the same.

A very good one, I can't forget about how this game impacted on gamers back then. Nintendo have been great for so long. 

I played Double Dragon II with a friend over netplay the other day, and the sprite flicker was pretty bad. I can now see why they made the first game one player becasue there's next to no flicker here. I mean, I would have preferred a 2 player mode, but I''m just saying that I can see their reasoning now. It's still a great game either way.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, Candy Stick said:

More or less.

You cannot 'trademark' a punk with ginger hair. It's a standard baddie. 😁

Haha, everyone could have a punk, I guess what he intended to pass across was the striking similarity of street of rage and double dragon.

10 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I used to keep missing the cave in the forest, that is on the side of the cliff. It is easy to miss it. Then the level would start to loop. 😅

Is that a bug or something. xD

Or its just you not noticing the cliff each time.

How long have you been playing street of rage?

I have the whole Double Dragon trilogy on NES. They still hold up today and are as fun as ever. I feel like they were a precursor to fighting games today. Hell they may have even been the inspiration for the style play of the TMNT games (TMNT2: The Arcade Game, TMNT3: The Manhattan Project, etc.) which offered a 2 player mode. But as a series, the Double Dragon games are always good for a play.

Something I did always wonder as a kid was why the hell were they wearing boxing gloves. Ah, 1988 graphics. Clearer and more crisp than movies today could ever hope for.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/5/2022 at 8:35 PM, Candy Stick said:

Was Streets of Rage just copying this? 

The punks and whip wielding ladies are the same.

It's exactly what you saw in it. They had it all copied. It has been a pattern for all 2D beat em ups games during the time of Double Dragon. 

On 6/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, Aniekwe said:

It's exactly what you saw in it. They had it all copied. It has been a pattern for all 2D beat em ups games during the time of Double Dragon. 

That's true, I wouldn't call it copying though because that was a norm for all beat em up games of that time, just like how open world games have same features which included vegetations , buildings and the graphical texture of most open world video games are the same.