Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Petition for Sony to approve Days Gone 2

Personally I just don’t believe they would put it on the shelf permanently. The game was a success and profitable for Sony. I think they will focus on other games and new IP’s in the present. Hopefully they will revisit a sequel in the future.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Where should the setting in Days Gone 2 be? Do you think it would move to an urban center? 

A more urban setting would be nice, maybe a city like LA or NY. But personally I want them to change characters this time, as much as enjoyed the game I think I already had enough of Deacon, or if they do continue with Deacon I would rather see a much interesting story for him.

I know very well that most of the time, these petitions don't work so well. I can remember how many petition was written for Activision-Blizzard to sack their CEO Bobby when they were in crisis he was involved in but they never did anything. 

The same thing is likely what Sony would do here unless there is another pressure on them. 

I don’t know how many signatures it would take for Sony to notice. Few hundred thousand? Couple million? I think with the TLOU remake, Sony has no interest in Days Gone 2 right now cause that game to me is very similar to TLOU. And both are Sony exclusives. But at least the petition will give them a heads up that there are fans that want a second one. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don’t know how many signatures it would take for Sony to notice. Few hundred thousand? Couple million? I think with the TLOU remake, Sony has no interest in Days Gone 2 right now cause that game to me is very similar to TLOU. And both are Sony exclusives. But at least the petition will give them a heads up that there are fans that want a second one. 

Before the petition gets a million signatures, even those that initiated it must have forgotten about it from the way I see it. But if it eventually gets a million signatures, Sony would be careful next time. 

12 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Before the petition gets a million signatures, even those that initiated it must have forgotten about it from the way I see it. But if it eventually gets a million signatures, Sony would be careful next time. 

When I first posted this it was at around 164,000 signatures and a month in a half later I just checked and it's now at 166,840. Looks to be around 2,000 signatures a month. It's going to take years to be where it needs to be. 

On 4/18/2022 at 8:43 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

When I first posted this it was at around 164,000 signatures and a month in a half later I just checked and it's now at 166,840. Looks to be around 2,000 signatures a month. It's going to take years to be where it needs to be. 

Wow!! I'm impressed with the number of people that are interested in this by taking the time to sign the petition. There's definitely no harm in trying but if that eventually yields a positive results, it's going to set a huge precedent in the gaming industry. 

Didn't PlayStation say they weren't interested in doing a sequel? I think if Sony wants a sequel, they'll commission one. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Wow!! I'm impressed with the number of people that are interested in this by taking the time to sign the petition. There's definitely no harm in trying but if that eventually yields a positive results, it's going to set a huge precedent in the gaming industry. 

It hasn't gone up by much since. It seems either not many people are interested in it or the petition isn't getting out there enough. 

On 8/23/2022 at 4:01 AM, Kane99 said:

Didn't PlayStation say they weren't interested in doing a sequel? I think if Sony wants a sequel, they'll commission one. 

It hasn't gone up by much since. It seems either not many people are interested in it or the petition isn't getting out there enough. 

It's the thing with these kind of petitions, once there's nothing like daily chatters to keep on putting it out there in a lot of gamers eyes to keep signing the petition, it's going to be very difficult to get it where it needed to be.