Register Now
Knight Plug

10 years, with no new Silent Hill game...

Yikes.

The last mainline game was out in North America on 13 March, in 2012. So that's almost an entire decade ago. 

Those stories over the last few years about the franchise coming back, didn't amount to anything other than just being somebody's idea of trying to take the Mickey.

At one point, Abandoned was said to be a secret Hideo Kojima project. But that was debunked as well. It looked nothing that was reminiscent of the series anyway. Yet people like myself were hopeful it was genuine. 

As the years go by, it looks as if Konami just doesn't give a crap about reviving Silent Hill, or any of their other famous games. 

On 3/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, Candy Stick said:

it looks as if Konami just doesn't give a crap about reviving Silent Hill, or any of their other famous games. 

it's not only Konami 😞 , unfortunately it's how the gaming industry has became, people really demand lot of old decent titles but companies don't care at all (only few does ;( )

#FoodForThought 

This has been one of the most boring years for me, gaming, or otherwise. Not only did I nearly lose my mum a month ago, I may have to save up five grand for a B.S. civil case, and then thereafter, to get the authorities in bogan land to deal with some Australian fruitcake. It just gets you thinking that it's all a waste of your time. 🤨

Games used to bring me joy. Now I normally complain a lot about how Resident Evil or Silent Hill or something isn't that good anymore. But why is that? Why did it all go downhill over the last two decades? 

Could it be, because... IT'S NOT GOOD! 😁

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

#FoodForThought 

This has been one of the most boring years for me, gaming, or otherwise. Not only did I nearly lose my mum a month ago, I may have to save up five grand for a B.S. civil case, and then thereafter, to get the authorities in bogan land to deal with some Australian fruitcake. It just gets you thinking that it's all a waste of your time. 🤨

Games used to bring me joy. Now I normally complain a lot about how Resident Evil or Silent Hill or something isn't that good anymore. But why is that? Why did it all go downhill over the last two decades? 

Could it be, because... IT'S NOT GOOD! 😁

I'm sorry for your loss bro...

atleast Resident Evil is still around and there are many rumours about a Resident Evil 4 remaster coming, so that's a good point 

He has already conceded never to play RE series anymore, due to personal downtime with the series. It's also frustrating, when you've wait so long for a particular game to pop-up and it never occured after a decade, that's the case of Silent Hill with the OP. 

I only like the first three Silent Hill games and the prequel at a push. But I have to play it while looking at the guidebook, because you have to use mirrors to go into the alternative world. It's hard to remember where each room is. 

SH4 was way too hard to play in 2004. You were chased by a serial killer named Walter, and you had to revisit the same locations twice. Later on, Walter's victims returned as vengeful ghosts and you needed to find a special sword and rare bullets to stop them, as they were otherwise invincible. This made the game more annoying than enjoyable.

There was too much backtracking as well. You could only save the game in Henry's sitting room, and you needed to constantly dump items in a box, but other games didn't have this gameplay. They never limited your carrying capacity. It was totally boring and hard in equal measures, too. But I did enjoy the storyline, as it was somewhat interesting. They had his victims as the enemies, like the twins he killed, were the running brown monsters with the faces. And your female neighbor eventually found her way alongside of you. 

RE is still good to play, but I think they'll keep making the games stray from the original storylines. You're better off just seeing the games now as their own self-contained stories, as essentially, I think that's how even Capcom views them today. They just bring up Umbrella a lot, so people get invested in the idea of Capcom going someplace with that idea. But, really. They're going to do so many games before we even get to see if the BSAA is Umbrella in disguise. It's like the carrot-donkey thing they're known for. 

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

it's not only Konami 😞 , unfortunately it's how the gaming industry has became, people really demand lot of old decent titles but companies don't care at all (only few does ;( )

I don't really know why they choose to play deaf ear to that request of their fans? It's not like the old games didn't sell well. 

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

Like how Rockstar killed off Bully - EA with SSX, Dead Space and Burnout and the list goes on.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Like how Rockstar killed off Bully - EA with SSX, Dead Space and Burnout and the list goes on.

not only Bully, but Manhunt too 😞 i understand that the game is banned in around 20 countries, but releasing a similar game with some adaptations isn't going to hurt 😞 but i guess that Manhunt without the stuff that got it banned at the first place isn't Manhunt at all xd