Register Now
Knight Plug

10 years, with no new Silent Hill game...

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Like how Rockstar killed off Bully - EA with SSX, Dead Space and Burnout and the list goes on.

Rockstar always started that with their GTA series with what they did with GTA trilogy but they retracted back immediately. 

7 hours ago, Patrik said:

not only Bully, but Manhunt too 😞 i understand that the game is banned in around 20 countries, but releasing a similar game with some adaptations isn't going to hurt 😞 but i guess that Manhunt without the stuff that got it banned at the first place isn't Manhunt at all xd

To be fair, Manhunt is definitely not for everyone. I loved the first game and quite frankly, it wasn't even that violent...I've seen Mortal Kombat do worse XD. Well Mortal Kombat almost got banned as well but I mean, why can one get almost banned and another gets banned indefinitely.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, Manhunt is definitely not for everyone. I loved the first game and quite frankly, it wasn't even that violent...I've seen Mortal Kombat do worse XD. Well Mortal Kombat almost got banned as well but I mean, why can one get almost banned and another gets banned indefinitely.

issue is that Manhunt is meant to be violent, but ended up getting scary xD, especially the first one

and yeah, it wasn't surely banned for violence but for the horror (personal opinion)

1 minute ago, Patrik said:

issue is that Manhunt is meant to be violent, but ended up getting scary xD, especially the first one

and yeah, it wasn't surely banned for violence but for the horror (personal opinion)

I can't really see what the problem is - so what if Manhunt is violent and scary? Did it cause most kids to sleep with the light on like Resident Evil does? nope. They're just overreacting 🤣

Personally, I first played Silent Hill in 2002 and found it to be unique and absolutely nothing like RE, despite the frequent comparisons people make between both franchises. My dad was still delivering newspapers back then, LOL. That's how I remember...

I found it in one of those 'cash in hand' shops in my hometown of Edinburgh, but it was missing the manual. I also remember the site, Silent Hill Heaven.

Yeah. Anybody who is old like me, will remember these old fan sites and Geocities, ProBoards, and all that. Today's Internet world just isn't as good with message boards being so quiet, but at least we have Fandom and Facebook nowadays.

2002 was a great year for me; I played the RE remake for the first time ever that autumn, and I still think that's way scarier than anything Capcom has made recently. It's just a pity the remakes of RE2 and 3 had to be so different from the originals.

But one game owns all: The Last of Us😆

1 minute ago, Candy Stick said:

I have never played MGS, but I am certain it wasn't ever supposed to have zombies. LOL. 

It did not.... But that being the series has included a vampire that can walk on water and a man who could turn himself into a swarm of hornets so zombies don't actually fall that far away from the box.

Not that I'm defending Metal Gear Survive, it fucking blows gas!

On 4/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, killamch89 said:

I can't really see what the problem is - so what if Manhunt is violent and scary? Did it cause most kids to sleep with the light on like Resident Evil does? nope. They're just overreacting 🤣

Resident Evil isn't that scary for me anymore. I think that the more I played the latest releases, it become a normal thing for me. 

RE7 was a bit scary, and the baby section in RE8 is also notable. But most of the RE games Capcom has released after 4 were shooters, with "scary" creatures in them. But Revelations 2 was pretty good. It reminded me of the good old days before they went so bland with the run and gun approach. But they are kind of getting back on track, because RE3 was reminiscent of their survival horror roots. But since it's a remake, and they messed up a lot of aspects of the original, I give it a lot of hate. 

Silent Hill, however, was always creepy. Especially when you heard the siren and the place suddenly went from semi-ordinary to rusty, with gruesome backdrops. The story was engaging too.

Heather Mason is one of the best female characters in survival horror history. When you watch that scene where she finds her father has been slain by Claudia Wolf, you feel like kicking her ass too. LOL. 

I actually feel sad talking about the series sometimes, because I feel like it's dumb to let a beloved IP go to rot. We're in the Series X and PS5 era now, but Konami decided to puss out of the business for the most part, and I know they seldomly make games anymore. Unless it's football, or something like that. 

8 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

released after 4 were shooters,

RE5 had also some scary stuff including those cockroaches that kill you with one hit and the boss fights that are based on puzzles(mostly) 😞 (except that chainsaw man was scarier back in RE4 lol)