Register Now
Knight Plug

10 years, with no new Silent Hill game...

One thing that's good about Silent Hill is that they used different characters and stories each time, besides a few games like the prequel and third game being connected to the events of the original. But with the other games, you knew if it was a flop, that because it wasn't related to the primary story, you were confident they could rebound and do better next time. Konami were never confined to using only Harry Mason, or James Sunderland.

With Resident Evil however, it's kind of different. The plot in RE games is apparently supposed to join together. But it honestly feels like Capcom is going nowhere with it. Then they introduced Ethan Winters, who you don't see the face of. But bringing in new characters is still a good idea, as it shows that Capcom isn't just relying on the legacy heroes all of the time. 🤑

At least reveal if the BSAA is really Umbrella in disguise. RE7 kind of hinted that the BSAA may not be who they say they are. So things like that absolutely needs to be explored, instead of just being hinted at so constantly.

As for Silent Hill...

Konami... SELL THE DAMN IP ALREADY! 

🤢

I couldn't read through the inner messages, but all I know is that the information shared on the picture you provided is untrue. If it is true that new Silent Hill is under development, i believe the OP wouldn't have deleted. Because, it is a post shared I don't see any copyright infringement there. 

16 hours ago, kingpotato said:

New Rumour:

So basically an "insider" posted some pictures about a new silent hill in development, the pictures were removed a few hours after due to copyrights.

image.png.313d34c1758da769c6ccc9809bdf0912.png

What's his or her aim with the leaks? I don't seem to understand it but anyways, without the pictures, it doesn't hold much value for me. 

Oh, that's Dusk Golem. We knew him from the older forum for Biohaze. He popped in from time to time with rumours. Many of them came true as well, while some did not. He then began to lose some credibility. 

In fact, he leaked RE8 about 4 months before Capcom revealed it at E3, back in 2020. He was accurate about everything he said back then, which is why people treated him as the 'go to' guy for the latest rumblings. And I believe he's the one who also started the Silent Hill hearsay. But that had so far, not amounted to anything.

To be honest, I think he's quite reliable otherwise.

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

Oh, that's Dusk Golem. We knew him from the older forum for Biohaze. He popped in from time to time with rumours. Many of them came true as well, while some did not. He then began to lose some credibility. 

In fact, he leaked RE8 about 4 months before Capcom revealed it at E3, back in 2020. He was accurate about everything he said back then, which is why people treated him as the 'go to' guy for the latest rumblings. And I believe he's the one who also started the Silent Hill hearsay. But that had so far, not amounted to anything.

To be honest, I think he's quite reliable otherwise.

If his credibility still holds water, it's not going to be very long for us to find out. Yeah, he's been good in the past, but we more of a present thing. 

8 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

It must be legitimate, if Konami pulled the plug on his image posting. That probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

There is a possibility that's true, since they had to pull it down, it shows they have an interest to protect. 

If they don't show anything at the Summer Game Fest, then I am going to be completely done talking about it. Nobody likes to continue to chase their tail. If anything was going to be shown off this year, it likely wouldn't happen at any other event. This would have to be reserved for the year's biggest event overall. Which is what this is shaping up to be. Right? 

Well, maybe not necessarily. But if they're smart...

Until Konami, Sony, Bloober Team or whoever else reveals something officially, this is just more amounting Internet drivel to get people all worked up. For all anyone knows, this could be a bunch of images relating to some concept art to do with a game that could have already been axed. So it could be something that's no longer in development. You never know. 

I also want Capcom to hurry up and show something about the DLC for RE8 that they announced almost a year ago. Jesus! 

On 5/16/2022 at 1:05 AM, Candy Stick said:

If they don't show anything at the Summer Game Fest, then I am going to be completely done talking about it. Nobody likes to continue to chase their tail. If anything was going to be shown off this year, it likely wouldn't happen at any other event. This would have to be reserved for the year's biggest event overall. Which is what this is shaping up to be. Right? 

Well, maybe not necessarily. But if they're smart...

Until Konami, Sony, Bloober Team or whoever else reveals something officially, this is just more amounting Internet drivel to get people all worked up. For all anyone knows, this could be a bunch of images relating to some concept art to do with a game that could have already been axed. So it could be something that's no longer in development. You never know. 

I also want Capcom to hurry up and show something about the DLC for RE8 that they announced almost a year ago. Jesus! 

They should have said something about it by now but they did not, just like they have been doing with the much protracted DLC for RE 8. 

On 5/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, Candy Stick said:

I think that's coming soon, though. 

There's been multiple leaks on this now and I'm beginning to think that something is happening with it soon. Let's just hope that it doesn't die down like other updates so far. 

To be honest, I think Sony is becoming overkill with these rumoured remakes. Because I don't know why it's so hard to give us a new storyline, after all of these years of the IP not being used except for lousy gambling machines and for promoting merchandise nobody really cares for. A company that does that because they have fallen from grace. But no. They want to remake Silent Hill 2, because that's the most popular entry. The one everybody is most familiar with. So it's a giving that fans will line up to buy it, and scoff at Pyramid Head in all his pixelated, PS5 glory.

Personally, I would rather see a new, lower budget or even a high budget release of something entirely original, along the lines of what they did in the past, as opposed to rehashing an old storyline. Even if they change a lot, it still doesn't take away from the fact that instead of giving the long dormant franchise a new story, which they would deem risky, they want to go the easy, Hollywood horror route, and offer up a reimagining instead. Which the entertainment industry certainly has more than enough of already.

I feel like it doesn't need to be remade. People may be excited about the game at first, but they're going to always make comparisons to the original when they alter so much. Because they do these remakes for the modern day gamers who refuse to invest in a PS2 (which is relatively easy to acquire on eBay). Got to be created in stunning HD, or they're simply not interested.

I still don't get it with Naughty Dog either. Capcom, I do fully understand, because they're always being money grabbers. That will never change. 

But it's sad to see Naughty Dog and even Konami going the same route, assuming all of this hearsay online is remotely true about these titles.

They could expand on the legacy and introduce new characters, new storylines, and just generally move the franchise forward in a meaningful way. They don't have the balls, so they're going back to the drawing board. It's more comfortable.

Troy Baker basically is Joel. Ashley Johnson is Ellie. You can try to replace them with other actors, but it will never be the same. 

Enough said...