Register Now
Knight Plug

10 years, with no new Silent Hill game...

Silent Hill is not a series game, had it been it continued, it could've become a series type, but we only saw 1 & 2 of the game. At this time, it is buried, I don't think the devs are considering making the third edition. 

Actually, the original game had 5 sequels, a reimagining of the first game, and a prequel. Only the first four games were developed by Team Silent, with each subsequent entry being outsourced to various development teams.

6 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Actually, the original game had 5 sequels, a reimagining of the first game, and a prequel. Only the first four games were developed by Team Silent, with each subsequent entry being outsourced to various development teams.

I don't usually always like it when companies outsource their games to other third parties. Look at what happened with Rockstar outsourcing GTA Trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

Capcom has occasionally done it as well. 

Umbrella Corps.

Operation Raccoon City.

M-Two who worked on RE3, are talentless, as they really made a mockery of the original from 1999...

Yeah, that's the major problem with some of the games when they are being outsourced. Only few of the games gets developed to the standard they are supposed to be. 

They published these spin off games, but did not create them, in-house. They leased out the license to whoever made the Rainbow Six Siege games for the 2012 game called Operation Raccoon City, and the result was a colossal failure. Fortunately, it wasn't canon anyway. 

That's just it. Why waste money on milking the name? If they're that loaded with cash, what was wrong with Capcom doing genuinely good side story games to attempt to clear up the plot points forgotten from a lot of the prior games? You know? Billy Coen vanished and whatnot. What happened to those characters we had introduced, such as Sheva and Josh? We'll probably never find out... 

I really do think their ideas have seen a decrease in quality, so remaking the games people made into a commercial success to begin with, makes for little effort on Capcom's part. But it's kind of annoying to see a company become so obsessed with banking off of our nostalgia.

Grab a plate, while the food is still hot. You know? They just know the fanboys are so easily hyped up. 

It's kind of sad...

42 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

They published these spin off games, but did not create them, in-house. They leased out the license to whoever made the Rainbow Six Siege games for the 2012 game called Operation Raccoon City, and the result was a colossal failure. Fortunately, it wasn't canon anyway. 

That's just it. Why waste money on milking the name? If they're that loaded with cash, what was wrong with Capcom doing genuinely good side story games to attempt to clear up the plot points forgotten from a lot of the prior games? You know? Billy Coen vanished and whatnot. What happened to those characters we had introduced, such as Sheva and Josh? We'll probably never find out... 

I really do think their ideas have seen a decrease in quality, so remaking the games people made into a commercial success to begin with, makes for little effort on Capcom's part. But it's kind of annoying to see a company become so obsessed with banking off of our nostalgia.

Grab a plate, while the food is still hot. You know? They just know the fanboys are so easily hyped up. 

It's kind of sad...

Yeah, that's been their strategy for years now and it's all on their fanboys because they keep buying whatever crap the company sells them. Well, let's wait and see what they make of RE 4 Remake. 

8 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Silent Hill used to be one of my favorite horror games but not anymore. It's the movie adaptation that's I like more now.