Register Now
Jayson

Driving for Recreation

I like to get out and go for a drive rather often. Typically I follow the same route around town. Very few detours or stops. If any. But I haven't done it in quite a while. My van doesn't heat up for shit, and my My Camaro isn't licensed. So since it's so damn cold I haven't been out much. Which is weird, because I thrive in the cold. It's heat that I can't do.

Heck yeah! I have a 50cc scooter that gets about 80 mpg. I can only drive it if it's at least 50 F so it's been a long winter.I'll be gettin back on it soon though.It helps clear my mind when I just put around town.  It's good therapy for me.😀 Blackangel I agree with you except the winter part. It's been a long cold winter here.

Edited by Lamarr the strelok

4 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

Heck yeah! I have a 50cc scooter that gets about 80 mpg. I can only drive it if it's at least 50 F so it's been a long winter.I'll be gettin back on it soon though.It helps clear my mind when I just put around town.  It's good therapy for me.😀 Blackangel I agree with you except the winter part. It's been a long cold winter here.

I had s 49cc scooter that I absolutely loved to ride for recreational purposes. It got stolen by some worthless piece of shit in 2012 during the brief time that we lived in Denver. I loved going out around 2:00AM when there is little to no traffic and it’s quiet and peaceful. It’s as if the city is deserted. I would love to come up with another one, but money is telling me fuck you.

Yeah I'm on my second scoot too after some piece of shit stole my first scoot. Dumb fuck dropped his vape machine worth around 100 bucks. And yes I used to scoot late at night when everything is quiet.It was cool; I was trying to figure out how to get another scoot and my sisters and brother chipped in to buy me another scoot.7400 miles on it and still going strong.

I love to drive, but I could never get myself to actually get out and drive just for fun.  I think the only time I went for a drive for no reason was when I was let go from my first permanent job. I took a detour to clear my head before heading home.

I love to do any kind of traveling.  Well, I have mostly used trucks, but now I use a car.   Anyway, I especially like to explore mountainous areas - and I have lived in mountains nearly all my life. 

Anyway, I don't think I would want an RV, except to rent occasionally.   Well, it's too much a hassle when you could just set up a tent somewhere or get a motel, I think.

Edited by Jayson

I used to have a 1981 Honda that I absolutely loved. The carbs went bad in it though, and then @Rain Dew's parents decided it was theirs to dispose of and gave it away to one of their friends, like they have done with so much of my other stuff (including 2 trucks). Don't ask about the law. Her father is a lawyer. So I'm 9 ways of fucked. They also destroyed my birth certificate, social security card, and the title to my motorcycle. And that was just the minor shit.

22 hours ago, egghead said:

I don't drive for recreation, I walk instead. I like to walk in a jungle or even go for hiking or trekking.

When I was a kid (and still able) I absolutely loved hiking. I would disappear into the woods for a month or so every summer and just live off the land. If I was able I would be out hiking every day still. But, alas, I'm no longer able.