Register Now
Jayson

Working at Fast Food

Who has worked at fast food?   How long did you work?  How would you compare it to other minimum wage jobs?   Did you often eat at the same place you worked?  Did anyone work as a manager or was in the process of getting there?

I've worked at Pizza Hut 5 times (both as a cook and a waitress), and Sonic (grill/fry cook) once. There was also a truck stop that I worked at as a dishwasher. Other than that, I can't remember any other restaurant work at the moment. I've had a ton of different jobs.

I haven't worked at fast food and it's honestly something that I am pretty happy about. Not because I don't like the job itself but because I can't imagine it being a fun and easy job to do. The stress with having to deal with a range of customers who may get angry for no reason just isn't for me.

3 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I've worked as a dishwasher,cook and a couple gigs at Arby's.The people I worked with were fine but the pay was shit.

That's one of the discouraging factors around some gigs. If you aren't earning better salary for the job you're offering, you wouldn't have that urge to continue. 

I've worked some at fast food.  However, I'd rather wash dishes or stock groceries, if it's some minimum wage thing.   Well, some gig where I simply sweep the floor all day, take out the trash etc. at fast food might work.

Aren't great earnings, but given that fast food restaurants generally give you meals its livable in most parts of the UK. As long as you're not a single mum or something you can live and of course you don't need to worry about sick pay/maternity leave/health care/holidays etc...

So its not as bad as the US, but it could be better and there is currently talk of bring in a 'living wage for london' because living costs are so much higher there.