Register Now
Jayson

Recycling

Who recycles?  Who does it somewhat?   Who simply burns things?   Is it a common situation?   Who recycles stuff without any money payoff?   I mean, plastic can be recycled, but scrap metal and aluminum cans deliver cash.

I try to, but the sad fact is that all too often, what we recycle ends up in a landfill anyway. It's a good idea to at least try. But I don't have a whole lot of faith in it. Especially when you look at our oceans and the millions of tons of plastic floating in them. Garbage Island is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

This is what's happening right now:

bird.jpg

On 3/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, The Blackangel said:

I try to, but the sad fact is that all too often, what we recycle ends up in a landfill anyway. It's a good idea to at least try. But I don't have a whole lot of faith in it. Especially when you look at our oceans and the millions of tons of plastic floating in them. Garbage Island is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

This is what's happening right now:

bird.jpg

That's very sad.  I don't see why we can't rocket that trash to space.  It would be worth the fuel.

9 hours ago, Jayson said:

That's very sad.  I don't see why we can't rocket that trash to space.  It would be worth the fuel.

That's a great idea, but unfortunately no one is willing to pay for it, whether they have the money or not. Also the manpower to clean up things like this is severely lacking. Not enough people are willing to pitch in to clean up and recycle. So to get enough for the rocket to even matter would take decades. and by that time the amount of trash that we would need to launch would have tripled at least. Garbage Island is the size of two Texas's. It's enormous. Yet we're doing next to nothing to clean it up and dismantle it. Sure there are groups that clean up trash on land and at sea, but their efforts are all but futile. If I could I would be right out there beside them doing it. Unfortunately though, I can't help. Except donations, but I don't honestly know who to trust and whether or not if the money goes to cleaning up or into someone's pockets.

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's a great idea, but unfortunately no one is willing to pay for it, whether they have the money or not. Also the manpower to clean up things like this is severely lacking. Not enough people are willing to pitch in to clean up and recycle. So to get enough for the rocket to even matter would take decades. and by that time the amount of trash that we would need to launch would have tripled at least. Garbage Island is the size of two Texas's. It's enormous. Yet we're doing next to nothing to clean it up and dismantle it. Sure there are groups that clean up trash on land and at sea, but their efforts are all but futile. If I could I would be right out there beside them doing it. Unfortunately though, I can't help. Except donations, but I don't honestly know who to trust and whether or not if the money goes to cleaning up or into someone's pockets.

Burning it is one idea.  However, environmentalists are against global warming.  However, how much pollution would it really be? Surely, people burn the same amount with cars over a year or more.

Here in my country, we don't base on recycling, we don't have the techs to do recycling or the country is completely uninterested with recycling at all costs. We prefer causing global warming, which comes as a result of burning the waste products.