Register Now
Jayson

Forum and Blog Software

56 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I would pick paid domains as it gives me the liberty to choose the domain name that best suits my brand. If I want to develop my own forum now I would use Xenforo.

XenForo is arguably the best forum software out when compared to others in the industry. The features it comes with is far more better, even though it's a lot more expensive, it's a cost that's worth it. 

Xenforo is my go-to software.  When it first came out the 1.x series was okay but I am really liking all the new features in the 2.x series of the software.  They seem to be filling in all the gaps that were missing and a lot of features that required an add-on before now come standard / built in to the software. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:34 PM, Heatman said:

XenForo is arguably the best forum software out when compared to others in the industry. The features it comes with is far more better, even though it's a lot more expensive, it's a cost that's worth it. 

Yeah it is expensive, but I know a few people who spend thousands of dollars to acquire bots and they still get what they want from it. I like quality and Xenforo would give me what I am looking for so I don't mind investing a few bucks in it.

On 6/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, Clasher said:

I would pick paid domains as it gives me the liberty to choose the domain name that best suits my brand. If I want to develop my own forum now I would use Xenforo.

I'm just fade up with the shared domain around WordPress.com, WIX, or blogger blogspot etc. Such has made me revert to self hosted website, which comes with my own custom domain name and hosting package. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I'm just fade up with the shared domain around WordPress.com, WIX, or blogger blogspot etc. Such has made me revert to self hosted website, which comes with my own custom domain name and hosting package. 

Yeah , that's the benefits of paid domains as you have the liberty to choose the domain name that best suits you without a WordPress or blogspot tag attached to it. 

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

Yeah , that's the benefits of paid domains as you have the liberty to choose the domain name that best suits you without a WordPress or blogspot tag attached to it. 

Sure, that's the reason I reverted to self hosted domains to clear off those watermarks attached with WordPress and Blogger.com blog. 

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, that's the reason I reverted to self hosted domains to clear off those watermarks attached with WordPress and Blogger.com blog. 

I am considering starting my own blog soon, so I would be getting a paid domain from whogohost because it came highly recommended by so many folks I know who bought hosting and domain.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

I am considering starting my own blog soon, so I would be getting a paid domain from whogohost because it came highly recommended by so many folks I know who bought hosting and domain.

Whogohost experiences server issues often, my close friend used such we hosting company, and most of the time our joint site crashes. When I want to access the site at my convenient it doesn't open freely, it just display blank, due to whogohost server issue. Namecheap, Bluehost, GoDaddy, are better options you should look up to for your blog damain and hosting. Their server is standby and they're super reliable. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Whogohost experiences server issues often, my close friend used such we hosting company, and most of the time our joint site crashes. When I want to access the site at my convenient it doesn't open freely, it just display blank, due to whogohost server issue. Namecheap, Bluehost, GoDaddy, are better options you should look up to for your blog damain and hosting. Their server is standby and they're super reliable.

Thanks for the review, a friend of mine actually recommended whogohost to me as a good hosting company, but I would check up the others you mentioned , I already know about namecheap but I haven't heard much about GoDaddy.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Thanks for the review, a friend of mine actually recommended whogohost to me as a good hosting company, but I would check up the others you mentioned , I already know about namecheap but I haven't heard much about GoDaddy.

GoDaddy is an awesome alternative in case you didn't like what you see at namecheap. I know you'll like namecheap, most of their domains are even offered for free in the first one year provided you purchased hosting from them. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

GoDaddy is an awesome alternative in case you didn't like what you see at namecheap. I know you'll like namecheap, most of their domains are even offered for free in the first one year provided you purchased hosting from them. 

That's cool, maybe I would just do away with whogohost and use namecheap or GoDaddy when I start working on my blog website.

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's cool, maybe I would just do away with whogohost and use namecheap or GoDaddy when I start working on my blog website.

That's great to hear that you're going to consider Namecheap and GoDaddy as your website hosting company. You're going to enjoy any of their services, because their trust score is high. 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's great to hear that you're going to consider Namecheap and GoDaddy as your website hosting company. You're going to enjoy any of their services, because their trust score is high. 

A couple of weeks ago I was planning to do an upgrade of my business website whose hosting is on whogohost but I had to wait a little, now I just want to do a total switch and get hosting from namecheap as you suggested since I want to upgrade from a two pager website to a more well detailed website which covers every single information a prospect would want to know about the business. Also running a blog with namecheap or GoDaddy whichever catches my fancy this time.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

A couple of weeks ago I was planning to do an upgrade of my business website whose hosting is on whogohost but I had to wait a little, now I just want to do a total switch and get hosting from namecheap as you suggested since I want to upgrade from a two pager website to a more well detailed website which covers every single information a prospect would want to know about the business. Also running a blog with namecheap or GoDaddy whichever catches my fancy this time.

It is up to you bro, but I believe namecheap or GoDaddy can handle your two pagers website. They've hosted millions of websites ever since they started operation, namecheap has been around since 2001, which is over 20 years today. So feel free to get your website up and running at namecheap.