Register Now
The Blackangel

Ever get bored with your controller?

Does anyone else ever get bored with their controller? What I mean by this is take for example the controller that PS4 came with. It's the standard black. I got bored with it, so I bought the glacier white controller. Now I'm getting bored with that, so I'm thinking of buying a different color. Maybe the magma red or midnight blue. Rose gold wouldn't be bad either. I just get bored after a while using the same controller. I'm thinking of switching back to the black controller tonight when I go to bed so it can charge. I would be putting the white controller up, since I'm getting bored with it and those are the only two colors I currently have.

Can't say I ever got bored with a controller. I tend to not care what the controller looks like, as long as it plays. Hell I'd use that KFC Xbox One controller that was teased years ago. I don't care what the controller looks like. As long as it works and does what it's intended to do, I am happy. I've gone through enough controllers to know, that they don't tend to last as long as you'd hope. 

I know the feeling I have been tempted to buy another controller, but I already have two standard black ps4 controllers and the same happened with the Nintendo switch I bought the zelda special edition controllers and now I rarely use the original and not the mention my zelda pro controller which is just collecting dust since I always play on handheld. So bottom line as much as I want another controller its just going to be a waste of money that I can use on something else

I mean, I like the idea of collecting cool controllers, but if I did collect any, I probably wouldn't play with them all. The collectible,limited edition ones are probably worth something if never used. 

I've been tempted to pain my own controllers. 

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I know the feeling I have been tempted to buy another controller, but I already have two standard black ps4 controllers and the same happened with the Nintendo switch I bought the zelda special edition controllers and now I rarely use the original and not the mention my zelda pro controller which is just collecting dust since I always play on handheld. So bottom line as much as I want another controller its just going to be a waste of money that I can use on something else

I have the Zelda edition controller as well. But I don't think I've ever even taken it out of the box. @Rain Dew got it for me as a gift several years ago. I don't remember if it was a "just because" gift or if it was something like my birthday or our anniversary. Either way, I have one. I also have the Zelda edition headset. But I keep it in the box as well and use my Astro A10. I like it a lot, so I see no need to open 2.

The same could be said about controllers too though, so that may be rather redundant.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/12/2022 at 5:44 PM, Boblee said:

There are times when I look at them, I would look at mine and feel like, hey you look disgusting now 😂... I need to get a new one. 

xD, not when my controllers are still in good working condition. I can do that, if it isn't functioning properly. 

On 3/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, Kane99 said:

I mean, I like the idea of collecting cool controllers, but if I did collect any, I probably wouldn't play with them all. The collectible,limited edition ones are probably worth something if never used. 

I've been tempted to pain my own controllers. 

I almost bought a used X-Box that someone spray painted yellow, but I didn't have enough money that day.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There’s that idiom “Variety is the spice of life”. That’s kinda where I’m at on this.

Facts!! When you have more to pick out from, it's definitely going to thrilling for you to play with the lot of them always.