Register Now
The Blackangel

Ever get bored with your controller?

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

The colour is nice and cool, but it's not going to be that pressuring for me to be pushed into buying the controller more costly. Although, the color might not bore ladies easily. 

Some gamers wouldn't mind at all buying it for higher prices as long as it suits their gaming needs. I know a few guys that can do that. 

15 hours ago, Jasmin said:

If you are bored with your controller, switch to PC gaming through a keyword

PS: And then there are members who quote my post for wrong reason.

You have been going on about this members quoting your posts for a while now and it's beginning to sound weird to me.

What's wrong with a member deciding to reply your opinion or comment? Let me ask if you haven't quoted any member's comments here since you joined? Even a mod have addressed this for you but you still keep going on with it. 

Take for instance, I want to ask something about this your reply with - "What happens when a gamer doesn't play on PC and is bored with his console controller, what should he or she do? 

When there's been more comments after you made your own, if I make the post without quoting you, how would you know I'm addressing the question to you? Wouldn't it look like I'm just talking rubbish out of the ordinary? 

Edited by Aniekwe

I have nothing against quoting as long the users address the issue I am trying to bring. However, if you go through the posts where my posts have been quoted more than 90 percents are generic reply. As far as your question about what if the gamer is bored with controller and does not want to use PC, he can take mobile device or choose to play board game. 

4 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

I have nothing against quoting as long the users address the issue I am trying to bring. However, if you go through the posts where my posts have been quoted more than 90 percents are generic reply. As far as your question about what if the gamer is bored with controller and does not want to use PC, he can take mobile device or choose to play board game. 

Yeah, it is annoying when people post generically with no care or thought put into it...

19 hours ago, Jasmin said:

My two cents for what it's worth, stop making these vague one sentence posts that make zero sense and start putting some tought into your posts by making your point clear so people know what you mean exactly if you don't like being quoted.

I'll agree with what @Aniekwe said above, to me messageboards are intended for discussion, what are you even doing here if you don't want to have a discussion with other like minded people.

And no this is not generic reply, mearly some good advice either you can take it or leave it.

51 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

And you do make generic comments as well and that's why other users are quoting you so you can expound on the comments you made.

19 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Comments like this are generic and doesn't make any effort whatsoever to explain what your points are and how switching to keyboard helps either. 

There seems to be a lot heat about this I to honest, I don't really see why.  Also before anyone asks no, I'm not going to bother to read through 12 pages of posts especially if the any of the arguments are off topic.

I'm just going to expand on my initial post:

On 3/11/2022 at 6:33 PM, Crazycrab said:

Not me, I'd only buy another controller for practical reasons.  if needed a second controller, the current one breaks or U wanted an upgrade like a pro controller or whatever.

The whole concept of being "being board with a controller" still seems very weird to me.  It's like watching TV and saying "I'm SO bored with my remote control".  I can obviously understand being bored with the show your watching or the game your playing but peripheral... really?  Judging by how worked up people are getting there's either something I'm missing or I'm in the minority.

Yes, some of my posts are generic. But you you actually think pros would use a platform like this and make thoughtful comment. Most of us here are doing generic commenting. When I make generic comments, I don't at least quote someone's post.

PS: I wrote this post before the last post, so I need to edit.

I also feel that the discussion on getting bored with controller seems little weird when you are discussing about game.

Edited by Jasmin

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

And you do make generic comments as well and that's why other users are quoting you so you can expound on the comments you made.

Comments like this are generic and doesn't make any effort whatsoever to explain what your points are and how switching to keyboard helps either. 

I didn't even have to be the one to say it @Jasmin

And if that comment above is what you believe, get off this forum before I kick you off. If you're not interseted in engaging meaningfully with the community, then we're not interested in you.

Edited by Shagger

7 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Yes, some of my posts are generic. But you you actually think pros would use a platform like this and make thoughtful comment. Most of us here are doing generic commenting. When I make generic comments, I don't at least quote someone's post.

PS: I wrote this post before the last post, so I need to edit.

I also feel that the discussion on getting bored with controller seems little weird when you are discussing about game.

A professional what exactly?

3 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

There seems to be a lot heat about this I to honest, I don't really see why.  Also before anyone asks no, I'm not going to bother to read through 12 pages of posts especially if the any of the arguments are off topic.

I'm just going to expand on my initial post:

The whole concept of being "being board with a controller" still seems very weird to me.  It's like watching TV and saying "I'm SO bored with my remote control".  I can obviously understand being bored with the show your watching or the game your playing but peripheral... really?  Judging by how worked up people are getting there's either something I'm missing or I'm in the minority.

Looking at it from a different perspective @Crazycrab

Here is my point

There are times when you get bored with your current devices and it's not giving the kind of pleasure and satisfaction you need. Maybe for instance your mobile phone sometimes you just change your mobile phone not because it is bad but because you need an upgrade and the one you are currently using is already becoming 'boring' to you.

And this also happens for your Tv sets ,you might want an upgrade to a more bigger TV with a wider display or some other features not because the old one  is faulty but because you need something different or new for a change

This also goes with controllers for some gamers at some point you just feel the need to get a new controller with more better features than the one you are using maybe because the old one is getting boring and you need something new for a change.

5 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Yes, some of my posts are generic. But you you actually think pros would use a platform like this and make thoughtful comment. Most of us here are doing generic commenting. When I make generic comments, I don't at least quote someone's post

What are you trying to insinuate by this part of your statement - "you actually think pros would use a platform like this and make thoughtful comment"? 

None of us are making thoughtful comments here because we are not pros? I'd say that's an insult to all that put in efforts to contribute here in VGR!!!! 

15 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Looking at it from a different perspective @Crazycrab

Here is my point

There are times when you get bored with your current devices and it's not giving the kind of pleasure and satisfaction you need. Maybe for instance your mobile phone sometimes you just change your mobile phone not because it is bad but because you need an upgrade and the one you are currently using is already becoming 'boring' to you.

And this also happens for your Tv sets ,you might want an upgrade to a more bigger TV with a wider display or some other features not because the old one  is faulty but because you need something different or new for a change

This also goes with controllers for some gamers at some point you just feel the need to get a new controller with more better features than the one you are using maybe because the old one is getting boring and you need something new for a change.

I see the point if you wanted to "upgrade" to a better device, but the OP was talking changing a controller for purely aesthetic reasons.  It's fine if you wanna do that but I just think it's odd.

I guess I think of peripherals like gaming controllers as a purely functional things and don't really care that much for aesthetics.  I suppose some do and that's fine, it's just not me.

Edited by Crazycrab

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I see the point if you wanted to "upgrade" to a better device, but the OP was talking changing a controller for purely aesthetic reasons.  It's fine if you wanna do that but I just think it's odd.

I guess I think of peripherals like gaming controllers as a purely functional things and don't really care that much for aesthetics.  I suppose some do and that's fine, it's just not me.

Same here - I don't really get fussed over a controller as long as it serves its intended function - it can look like paint drying for all I care.