Register Now
Jayson

The Worst Racism I Experienced

The worst I experienced was in Korea and oddly enough, the worst I experienced in America was the fact I traveled there.   All sorts of people in my area, you'd think would hate blacks, but actually they hate Asians.   That's what it seems like.  I was called an Asian lover (Well, another word was used) very rudely and quite often.  People seem to think all Koreans are North Koreans and all Asians are the slant-eyed enemy.

Note: This racism was so bad, that it made me think twice about openly being friends with blacks, but oddly enough, nobody cared about it.

The thing about racism is that it's not always blatantly in your face. People seem to think (not referring to you at all, just people in general) they think that racism is only when somebody mouths off or attacks under the category of a hate crime. In the past, that's probably the way it was. But a lot of people that feel oppressed will agree that racism most of the time is very subtle. When you walk into a store and everybody glares at you. You get treated differently. It's those things it's hard to talk about without sounding paranoid. But it's there. And it eats at you every day, breaking down your confidence and giving you anxiety. I'm mixed and some whites see me as white and others think I swam across the border illegally. I live in rural Texas deep in the country and I am surrounded by hate. Sometimes people feel comfortable enough around me to talk their racist bigotry talk. They say things they wouldn't ordinarily say in public. But behind closed doors you get to see how they really feel. My mom's side is bright white; my sister has blonde hair. I grew up with that family in a predominantly white neighborhood and I have endured a lot of racism. Some of my family members have a confederate flag hanging on their wall and all they say is 'N' this and 'N' that. I didn't realize the hate when I was younger and I thought something was wrong with me so I am not that confident in my adult life and I have anxiety issues. But I finally learned that it was a racist atmosphere. And when I had a girlfriend from Mexico, it was then we both were able to share our feelings about our racist experiences w/o seeming paranoid. My own mother was always in denial of racism and never even wanted to listen to me. Her excuse was to stand up straight and dress nice. She realizes now though everything I said in the past is true and her denial has broken because of 4 years under trump and the way the republican party has turned into an extremist far right borderline terrorist party. She was republican her whole life until Obama. And after trump she won't ever vote republican again. My sister though mingles with the republicans. She is the typical Karen. She denies racism, but will call the cops on a black person and act hysterical. She doesn't get involved in politics and doesn't know liberal from conservative or what anything is. She probably doesn't even know who George Washington is. And it's ignorant people like that the republicans like to recruit. So these are some things that I had to get off my chest in my own personal experiences about racism. It's hard to talk about many times, it's hard to pin point, but it is highly prevalent. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Are you Korean?

No, I'm white.

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I live in rural Texas deep in the country and I am surrounded by hate. Sometimes people feel comfortable enough around me to talk their racist bigotry talk. They say things they wouldn't ordinarily say in public. But behind closed doors you get to see how they really feel.

Well, I always find it funny that most right-wingers it seems, believe anyone who complains about racism is weak.   Now, I'm not saying I am left-wing, but I can understand where people are coming from that are alienated by this ethnocentric viewpoint.   Well, I remember this meme on Facebook, where it shows 9/11 and says something like "Remember" and then a black with a whipped back and says, "Get over it".  This was sarcastic, of course.

Edited by Jayson

I seriously don't think there is a lot of anti-black racism in Southern Appalachia.   However, though, inner-cities are flooded with violent crime and it's tougher for non-blacks there to avoid racism, considering they are only human.   Anyway, plenty of blacks, even though they don't want to diss their own people and culture, would agree and they don't stick around crime infested areas.   Also, perhaps those blacks are angry at the general pop culture, in their own way, as it promotes a degenerate culture.

Edited by Jayson

2 hours ago, Jayson said:

I seriously don't think there is a lot of anti-black racism in Southern Appalachia.   However, though, inner-cities are flooded with violent crime and it's tougher for non-blacks there to avoid racism, considering they are only human.   Anyway, plenty of blacks, even though they don't want to diss their own people and culture, would agree and they don't stick around crime infested areas.   Also, perhaps those blacks are angry at the general pop culture, in their own way, as it promotes a degenerate culture.

You made a post how people experience racism and then you just went off on blacks, cities, and pop culture saying it promotes degenerate culture. You've got some issues man, seriously. I think you are out of touch and it shows in most of your posts. Seriously, anyone else offended by this crap? 

2 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

You made a post how people experience racism and then you just went off on blacks, cities, and pop culture saying it promotes degenerate culture. You've got some issues man, seriously. I think you are out of touch and it shows in most of your posts. Seriously, anyone else offended by this crap? 

Well, this isn't Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, lol.  There really isn't a way to debate these issues without offending certain people.   However, I'm not out to hurt others, but to debate real topics.    Note: you can't debate these topics these days.   What a democracy without real debate, because people cannot listen to other viewpoints?

17 hours ago, Jayson said:

Well, this isn't Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, lol.  There really isn't a way to debate these issues without offending certain people.   However, I'm not out to hurt others, but to debate real topics.    Note: you can't debate these topics these days.   What a democracy without real debate, because people cannot listen to other viewpoints?

It's not a viewpoints issue. You're entitled to your opinion, the same as everyone else. The issue, is that you take every opportunity to go off on a tangent against blacks, LGBTQ+, and pro-life people. You ignore what the topic is about and show your bigotry for the world to see. That's where the problem lies. By now, we all know you're a bigot. You have made that crystal clear. But if you want to remain at the VGR forum, you need to keep your bigotry to yourself. Post as you like, but the bigotry needs to be silenced.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:59 PM, The Blackangel said:

It's not a viewpoints issue. You're entitled to your opinion, the same as everyone else. The issue, is that you take every opportunity to go off on a tangent against blacks, LGBTQ+, and pro-life people. You ignore what the topic is about and show your bigotry for the world to see. That's where the problem lies. By now, we all know you're a bigot. You have made that crystal clear. But if you want to remain at the VGR forum, you need to keep your bigotry to yourself. Post as you like, but the bigotry needs to be silenced.

You mean I'm stereotyping people into groups.  For instance, If I said homophobia was a problem in the black community, is that saying all blacks are homophobic?  Am I am coming against blacks as a tangent by what I said, simply because people assume I got something against them politically? 

4 hours ago, Jayson said:

You mean I'm stereotyping people into groups.  For instance, If I said homophobia was a problem in the black community, is that saying all blacks are homophobic?  Am I am coming against blacks as a tangent by what I said, simply because people assume I got something against them politically? 

Actually, unless you provide evidence to back up your claim that homophobia is significantly more prevalent within the black community or that the homophobia within that community presents problems that don't exist in others that's pretty much exactly what your doing.  Your singling them out for a prejudice that exists in every ethnic group.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:15 AM, Crazycrab said:

Actually, unless you provide evidence to back up your claim that homophobia is significantly more prevalent within the black community or that the homophobia within that community presents problems that don't exist in others that's pretty much exactly what your doing.  Your singling them out for a prejudice that exists in every ethnic group.

If prejudice against in every ethnic group, then you have to conclude everyone isn't the same even though they vote for the same party.

19 minutes ago, Jayson said:

If prejudice against in every ethnic group, then you have to conclude everyone isn't the same even though they vote for the same party.

Well yeah, that's exactly what I would assume.  Who one votes for is just one aspect to a person's personality profile and a small one at that.

24 minutes ago, Jayson said:

How is that concluding that everyone isn't the same? Of course no two people are the same. It's what attracts certain people to each other. But implying that people are different because of the pigment in their skin, is flat out idiotic. Sure their experiences are different, but that's due to prejudice on ALL sides, not just one. My experiences are different than anyone else's. I'm willing to bet that no one else here has muscular dystrophy. But i don't use it as a crutch to try to garner sympathy. It's part of my life and nothing more. It sucks, but it is what it is.

So quit trying to make it a racial issue. Everyone is an asshole. No one is an exception.

P.S. -
I'm white and voted for Obama both twice.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

How is that concluding that everyone isn't the same? Of course no two people are the same. It's what attracts certain people to each other. But implying that people are different because of the pigment in their skin, is flat out idiotic. Sure their experiences are different, but that's due to prejudice on ALL sides, not just one. My experiences are different than anyone else's. I'm willing to bet that no one else here has muscular dystrophy. But i don't use it as a crutch to try to garner sympathy. It's part of my life and nothing more. It sucks, but it is what it is.

So quit trying to make it a racial issue. Everyone is an asshole. No one is an exception.

Everyone wants to play the victim.  That would include traditional Democratic voting groups and so-called "angry white men".   For instance, I don't want Confederate memorabilia funded with taxpayer money.  Why should people fund white chauvinism and the longing for neo-feudalism?    Yes, and those people think they are victims to a sickening degree.   Everyone owes them something.   Well, I'm just bringing up the example to show a balanced viewpoint.