Register Now
NightmareFarm

Rank gaming controllers

Yeah, it's honestly amazing what they have done with it. And the developers that have taken full advantage of it have mostly done a great job too especially with racing games where you can feel the engine. Hopefully the next Xbox console has something like it as well.

6 hours ago, Darth said:

Yeah, it's honestly amazing what they have done with it. And the developers that have taken full advantage of it have mostly done a great job too especially with racing games where you can feel the engine. Hopefully the next Xbox console has something like it as well.

It is very rare to get quality controllers at the local store, I prefer ordering for it from a reputable store. Assume controllers have an option for warranty I will join, and save money, in case when it damages within short term interval. 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:03 PM, Darth said:

Doesn't Xbox Series X have something similar? I believe that it should but if they haven't developed something decent yet, Microsoft will not keep quiet on it for too. They can be very craft. 

I don't know much about Xbox series x/s, since I don't own any of them, even my friends over here don't own them.  Maybe it will be time I start checking it out on my own to know more about those similar consoles. 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:06 PM, Justin11 said:

I don't know much about Xbox series x/s, since I don't own any of them, even my friends over here don't own them.  Maybe it will be time I start checking it out on my own to know more about those similar consoles. 

It's a normal thing that you are not updated on Xbox consoles and its controllers, since you don't own them, getting more information about them wouldn't serve much need for you unless you're planning on getting them soon. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:18 PM, Heatman said:

They did took all the precautions and time in the world when making the DualSense controller because I can't pick out any flaw in it till date. 

It's why some companies do better than others they are in competition with. When you work with the feedback of your customers and develop something they require, they will never stop patronizing your products. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why some companies do better than others they are in competition with. When you work with the feedback of your customers and develop something they require, they will never stop patronizing your products. 

When you sell what the gamers want, they will never disappoint in rushing for it. It's the same thing with developing incredible games. They buy it like bees are drawn to honey. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's a normal thing that you are not updated on Xbox consoles and its controllers, since you don't own them, getting more information about them wouldn't serve much need for you unless you're planning on getting them soon. 

I'm not planning on getting any Xbox game anytime soon, unless I have surplus in the future. At this point, I'm happy having my PS console. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

When you sell what the gamers want, they will never disappoint in rushing for it. It's the same thing with developing incredible games. They buy it like bees are drawn to honey. 

Isn't it what happened when Elden Ring was released..? We expected it to sell but not at the volume it moved. It was like gamers went crazy over the game. 

Not going to rank controllers because it's next to impossible to do. So i'll just post some impressions if that is ok. Let's just start with the 6th generation because rating anything before that would be unfair by todays standard (unless you really want me too) and you know otherwise the post in itself would be massive. 

Sega Dreamcast -> I've always liked this one from a nostalgic point, not perfect by any means though. No Rumble feature unless you bought it seperatly the analog triggers were great also why no shoulder buttons and one analog stick , the d pad while great if i had long gaming sessions my thumb would start to hurt after a while. Also why is the wire on the front of the controller and not on the back. 

Sony Ps2 Dual shock -> It was great at the time pretty much the standard in video game controllers, it's still a great controller to use to this day. The first dual shock was already perfect imo, only criticism i could give is that it's a little lighter then the dual shock 1.

Microsoft Xbox "duke" -> Despite what people say it feels suprisingly comfortable to hold well if you have big hands like me. I've used the duke for a year until i got the S controller. I've always felt that the button placement is a little bit weird and you know if you don't have big hands it's just not comfortable to hold, one thing you can certainly do with it, is smash somebodys head in with it. 

Microsoft Xbox S Controller -> Pretty much better in every aspect when you compare it to the duke. Probably should have been the controller in the first place, can you believe it this was originally going to be a japan only controller, because apparently asians have smaller hands. 

Nintendo Gamecube -> I only gotten a gamecube very late in it's life cycle around late 2004 if memory serves me right. This has become my favourite controller of the 6th generation over the years, it has the best analog sticks of any 6th generation, the button placement while weird at first, when you get used to it feels exellent. The controller lays good in the hands, not too heavy or light. Nintendo knows the gc controller is a fan favourite hence it is still being used to this day.

Microsoft Xbox 360 -> Probably my favourite controller ever until the xbox one controller came out, i've always loved the 360 controller and at the time it was the perfect controller for me. Only negative was the horrible d-pad but they fixed that with later models of the controller.

Sony Ps3 Dual shock -> I'm not going to mention the sixaxis because it was a piece of crap. So the ps3 controller probably the worst controller of the dual shock family, it's way too light for my taste, the analog sticks felt dated in 2008 when it came out, the battery life is not that great. The triggers were horrible  for racing games, clearly the design of the dual shock showed it's age by now.

Nintendo Wii mote and nunchuck -> Ugh were do i start with this one, i've never liked it and probably never will. It just feels awkward to hold and the forced waggling on certain games just feels off. Only thing it was good for was mario kart with the plastic wheel, my dad would always say i look like an idiot holding a plastic wheel in front of me but i had a blast with that game so i diden't care.

Nintendo Wii u -> I have a soft spot for the wii u, so this will be kinda biased. Despite that i hate the touch controls on the screen from gamepad, i really liked the wii u gamepad, it was big and bulky and that's what i maybe liked about it on the other hands it felt like i was holding a relic from the past. Clearly the second screen diden't work and why it isen't possible to turn it off completly is something i'll never understand because the battery life was just plain awfull. 

Sony Playstation 4 Dual shock -> Massive improvement over the ps3 controller, pretty much your perfect controller bar that i still don't like the r2 and l2 triggers. The touch pad was a neat idea but from the games i played it wasen't really used all that much, ghost of tsushima made the best use i played on ps4 of the touch pad or whatever it's called. Battery life while not great it's an improvement, also why you can't turn off the lights on the ps4 controller to save battery life i'll never understand.

Microsoft Xbox one controller -> Microsoft already had the best controller and made it even better, imo the best controller ever made. An elite controller is supposed to be even better but i've not used one all that much to judge it properly.

Nintendo Switch Pro controller -> I'm meanly using my switch as a console and don't think i've ever attached the joy cons from the system, so i'll just give my 2 cents on the pro controller, good controller lays good in the hand, nothing special about it to be honest as it does the job pretty well. Battery life is exellent, something sony could take a lesson or two from from. 

Microsoft Series controller -> Not much has changed from the xbox one controller but this is hands down my favourite controller ever. The fact i can still use regulair double a batteries on these which is a huge plus for me. 

Sony PS 5 controller -> Can't say much about it as i don't have the console maybe someday i'll give an honest oppinion.

Oof that was a long post, i know i left out some wii controllers and the wii u pro controller but you know i have to draw a line somewhere. When i think about it i could have sneaked the ps move and kinect in there aswell but nah i shoulden't.

Edited by Yaramaki

On 3/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, NightmareFarm said:

My list: 

DualSense > DualShock 4 > Switch Pro Controller > DualShock 3 > DualShock 2 > WiiMote with nunchuck > WiiMote > Switch joycon controller

Anything else I either don't remember playing with well enough to judge(like the GCN controller) or didn't own.

DualSense is the very best that I have used so far ever since I have been playing. It's followed by the DualShock 4 and 3. The rest are just average controllers in my opinion. But Switch Pro Controller is very good as well, let me not forget to add that one. 

I visited a friend of mine today and found out that he's using Scuf Impact. It was my my first time seeing the controller. I had to ask him why that, he told me it's the best custom made for paddle control. 

17 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I visited a friend of mine today and found out that he's using Scuf Impact. It was my my first time seeing the controller. I had to ask him why that, he told me it's the best custom made for paddle control. 

What does Scuf Impact look like? I'm just hearing about it for the first time now. I think I need to get a review on it.