Register Now
Jayson

What if China invaded Taiwan?

Would the situation be the same?  I don't think it would.  Our economy is too dependent on China.  In that case, we would be very weak in our handling of it.  Yes, it's hypocritical alright!  

Edited by Jayson

On 3/13/2022 at 12:50 AM, Justin11 said:

Oh you're from Taiwan, then you shouldn't think about another war outbreak, because the world is already suffering from the ongoing Russia - Ukraine war. 

He's American. He's saying that American economy is too dependent on China but he assumes the USA is the only country that put sanctions on Russia.

On 3/13/2022 at 12:15 AM, Jayson said:

Would the situation be the same?  I don't think it would.  Our economy is too dependent on China.  In that case, we would be very weak in our handling of it.  Yes, it's hypocritical alright!  

You just claimed the USA is hypocritical in handling China differently for invading Taiwan which hasn't even happened, instead of calling a Chinese invasion a deplorable act. This is another post where you fail to call out an act of tyranny and instead demonize your own country. That is, if you really are American. 

It’s a domino effect. Rogue nations will help each other and give themselves confidence to invade other countries. Russia has been degraded in credit rating and they want to nationalize foreign businesses. That scares off companies from setting up business in Russia. And the same will happen to China. All those foreign manufacturers will pull out of China. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

He's American. He's saying that American economy is too dependent on China but he assumes the USA is the only country that put sanctions on Russia.

Thanks alot for being his spokesperson, I got where he's from, and the info he passed concerning the saga between China, and Russia. 

I doubt China would go for a kinetic invasion. More likely is a decades-long information war that results in enough of the populace wanting to join the PRC that they elect leaders groomed by the mainland that are ready to rejoin. If it happens slowly enough, the rest of the world may not pull out of Taiwan: if there's a few years of peaceful cooperation between the PRC and the ROC, then for example Apple may see no reason to move production away from TSMC and the reunion may be a formality at that point.

14 hours ago, Empire said:

I doubt China would go for a kinetic invasion. More likely is a decades-long information war that results in enough of the populace wanting to join the PRC that they elect leaders groomed by the mainland that are ready to rejoin. If it happens slowly enough, the rest of the world may not pull out of Taiwan: if there's a few years of peaceful cooperation between the PRC and the ROC, then for example Apple may see no reason to move production away from TSMC and the reunion may be a formality at that point.

That seems to have happened in South Korea, lol.   The population there has pretty much been turned anti-American, but not Red necessarily.  Yeah, it can happen.