Register Now
Prof elohstar

DRIVER

@Justin11 and @Yaramaki

Well, there is quite a lot to get through here isn't there.

@Justin11, this post of yours;

On 4/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, Justin11 said:

Watchdog ruined it for themselves, they don't know what it means keeping competition ON. 

That's why I love what Motor GP is doing with other sorts of racing game companies, keeping the competition atop. 

Could be seen as an attempt to derail the thread. It's OK on this thread to mention Watchdogs as there is a link between that game and Driver. You could even go so far as to say Driver, or more specifically Driver 3, is the reason Watchdogs exists. I'll post more on that as a regular post once I'm done with this for anyone who is interested, but the point is there is a link. However, there is no link between Watchdogs and MotoGP, or MotoGP and Driver for that matter. They are different genre's of games and, to the best of my knowledge and research, they do not and have never shared a developer or publisher. Bringing this up here in this thread is bringing something completely unrelated. Honestly, you may as well have said this;

On 4/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, Justin11 said:

Watchdog ruined it for themselves, they don't know what it means keeping competition ON. 

Now, on to Luigi's Mansion...

And it's especially puzzling that, even by your own admission, you never played Watchdogs, so what did you have to add? We all become aware of specific game's reputation, but posting about that rarely adds to anyone's knowledge of said game, especially if they've played it and you haven't. It frustrates people who know first hand what a game is like. You had literally nothing to add, so make an excuse to post something then tried to make the conversation about a completely different game just to have something to say. In the world of forums, that's called derailing. An on VGR, it is a classic example of the "post anything to post something" mantra that has been frustrating the community lately. I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to bet it is that frustration that boiled over in @Yaramaki. So whilst I will not condone the actions of @Yaramaki (and we WILL talk about that), I can understand them. You, @Head_Hunter, @Boblee and others think there there is no harm to this? Well, here it is! Here is the harm, alongside a very familiar headache for me that goes along with it. If you want to talk about Moto GP, talk about Moto GP, on a Moto GP thread! If there isn't one, start one, it really isn't hard. I sense a very strange reluctance from those of you who post in this manner to start new threads for some reason I can't understand. You seem more content to spin other threads off course to better suit your subject manner.

Now, @Yaramaki, like I said, your is frustration shared by many on VGR, but try to keep that reigned in. The following goes for everyone, If see something that you feel needs looked at by the mod team, report it. Calling it out and addressing it yourself on the public form will almost always only make it worse. Reporting someone is not an attempt to get anyone in trouble, it's merely calling something to our attention and nothing more. So you see, you were wrong;

On 4/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, Yaramaki said:

Maybe my previous posts went a bit out of line so if you can forgive me please accept my apoligies, you seem like a good dude and i just wanted to give some good advice. I think @Shagger would have pointed it out already if i went overboard.

I didn't take action before this because I thought what you were doing was OK, I didn't take action because your mention of me in that post was the first I even knew about this. Since you have apologized and it seems resolved I'll take this no further, but I hope to leave this post with lessons being learned on all sides,

Now, moving on.

Edited by Shagger

On 3/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, Prof elohstar said:

Driver was released in 1999. It's one of the most played game on PlayStation 1. Did you play Driver?

The name of the game sounded so familiar that I had to go get a full gameplay video and watch to jog my memory all over again and it did. It was a game I did enjoyed back then. 

53 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The name of the game sounded so familiar that I had to go get a full gameplay video and watch to jog my memory all over again and it did. It was a game I did enjoyed back then. 

Thank you so much for this video. You just triggered back old memories!  Honestly this part I watched I never really watched it while playing the game back then because I was always impatient to watch it, I'll just press start button to take me to the main game. Driver was really an interesting game.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

@Justin11 and @Yaramaki

Well, there is quite a lot to get through here isn't there.

@Justin11, this post of yours;

Could be seen as an attempt to derail the thread. It's OK on this thread to mention Watchdogs as there is a link between those games. You could even go so far as to say Driver, or more specifically Driver 3, is reason Watchdogs exists. I'll post more on that as a regular post once I'm done with this for anyone who is interested, but the point is there is a link. However, there is no link between Watchdogs and MotoGP, or MotoGP and Driver for that matter. They are different genre's of games and, to the best of my knowledge and research, they do not and have never shared a developer or publisher. Bringing this up here in this thread is bringing something completely unrelated. Honestly, you may as well have said this;

And it's especially puzzling that, even by your own admission, you never played Watchdogs, so what did you have to add? We all become aware of specific game's reputations, but posting about that rarely adds to anyone's knowledge of said game, especially if they've played it and you haven't. It frustrates people who know first had what a game is like. You had literally nothing to add, so make an excuse to post something then tried to make the conversation about a completely different game just to have something to say. In the world of forums, that's called derailing. An on VGR, it is a classic example of the "post anything to post something" mantra that has been frustrating the community lately. I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to bet it is that frustration that boiled over in @Yaramaki. So whilst I will not con condone the actions of @Yaramaki (and we WILL talk about that), I can understand them. You, @Head_Hunter, @Boblee and others think there there is no harm to this? Well, here it is! Here is the harm, alongside a very familiar headache for me that goes along with it. If you want to talk about Moto GP, talk about Moto GP, on a Moto GP thread! If there isn't one, start one, it really isn't hard. I sense a very strange reluctance from those of you who post in this manner to start new threads for some reason I can't understand. You seem more content to spin other threads of course to better suit your subject manner.

Now, @Yaramaki, like I said, your is frustration shared by many on VGR, but try to keep that reigned in. The following goes for everyone, If see something that you feel needs looked at by the mod team, report it. Calling it out and addressing it yourself on the public form will almost always only make it worse. Repointing someone is not an attempt to get anyone in trouble, it's merely calling something to our attention and nothing more. So you see, you were wrong;

I didn't take action before this because I thought what you were doing was OK, I didn't take action because your mention of me in that post was the first I even knew about this. Since you have apologized and it seems resolved I'll take this no further, but I hope to leave this post with lessons being learned on all sides,

Now, moving on.

Point of correction, I don't think that I have come out for once and said that what you and others of like mind in text PM posting isn't harmful to the forum or not. I haven't said anything for or against it yet, don't conclude just for me....please! 

If it's something that's harmful to the forum, if there is anything that can be done, let's a new rule that says two people shouldn't reply on a thread simultaneously more than 4 times. Maybe that's going to put an end to the so called PM kind of post. 

9 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Point of correction, I don't think that I have come out for once and said that what you and others of like mind in text PM posting isn't harmful to the forum or not. I haven't said anything for or against it yet, don't conclude just for me....please! 

If it's something that's harmful to the forum, if there is anything that can be done, let's a new rule that says two people shouldn't reply on a thread simultaneously more than 4 times. Maybe that's going to put an end to the so called PM kind of post. 

Easy bro. 

I don't have any point to derail or deviate from the original thread, and I don't like it too when I'm called out too numerous. 

Back to topic:

This Driver looks similar to a mobile car racing game called; Dr Driving, maybe it's the mobile version of the game. 

I found about that, and it's true, Driver and Dr driving mobile game are just similar. Their are other similar car racing games like that too. E.g; Extreme car driving simulator game, Ultimate car driving simulator, Dr driving 2, mainly mobile racing games. 

Their are lots of driving racing games, on play store you can check it out if you can. It gives me selection headache due to numerous options of driver out there, picking it out randomly is the best. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Their are lots of driving racing games, on play store you can check it out if you can. It gives me selection headache due to numerous options of driver out there, picking it out randomly is the best. 

You can easily pick out what sticks well with you in terms of graphics and mechanics of the game. You don't have to play them all. 

On 4/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, DoABarrelRoll said:

Until today it has some details that neither GTA has, such as the car hubcaps coming out when making a turn.

I don't really understand the kind of cars that you're referring to about GTA and hubcaps. Care to explain more? 

On 4/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, Prof elohstar said:

Thank you so much for this video. You just triggered back old memories!  Honestly this part I watched I never really watched it while playing the game back then because I was always impatient to watch it, I'll just press start button to take me to the main game. Driver was really an interesting game.

I didn't do it just for you but also for myself because I really needed to remember the game and with watching the video, it was all made easy for me. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, Heatman said:

The game looked great for what's played on Playstation 1. The game graphics and car designs is very obvious. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

The game looked great for what's played on Playstation 1. The game graphics and car designs is very obvious. 

It seems like you never played the game back then on Playstation 1? I know you played with PS1 but it's just going to be very difficult to drift back to play the game when there are better racing games available on new gen consoles now.