Register Now
Prof elohstar

DRIVER

On 4/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, Justin11 said:

I played plenty of similar games to driver and I'm enjoying the likes of 'city car racing, Dr driving 2, Extreme car simulator racing etc, they're just mobile friendly. 

Most of the Need for Speed series have the same similarities with Driver especially the Most Wanted and Underground editions of NFS. 

Yeeeah, I remember Driver)) My brother was a fan of this game and I always watched him playing. Recently I was cleaning my flat and found our collection of PS1 games. I wanted to throw away our old TV set but then I thought what if I want to play PS1 for fun and nostalgia? Where would I find another TV set?😂 so I left it at home only because of old games, Driver among them and CTR... going to keep all that outdated old stuff, it's priceless

Edited by Cognizant

44 minutes ago, Cognizant said:

Yeeeah, I remember Driver)) My brother was a fan of this game and I always watched him playing. Recently I was cleaning my flat and found our collection of PS1 games. I wanted to throw away our old TV set but then I thought what if I want to play PS1 for fun and nostalgia? Where would I find another TV set?😂 so I left it at home only because of old games, Driver among them and CTR... going to keep all that outdated old stuff, it's priceless

You can always buy another TV set online either on Amazon or eBay 😂. But it's good you kept the old system, it's something that will always give you a connection to old memories. Did you manage to play Driver then with your brother? 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most of the Need for Speed series have the same similarities with Driver especially the Most Wanted and Underground editions of NFS. 

Even Gran Turismo too have same similarities with the options you mentioned man. That's why you'll feel most racing games are same, unless you look through their name. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Even Gran Turismo too have same similarities with the options you mentioned man. That's why you'll feel most racing games are same, unless you look through their name. 

Yeah, that's very correct but perhaps for me, I see Gran Turismo as more of a simulation racing video game than an arcade racing game. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct but perhaps for me, I see Gran Turismo as more of a simulation racing video game than an arcade racing game. 

Sure, it is more of simulation than being an arcade. That makes it to look so real and enticing when playing it. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, it is more of simulation than being an arcade. That makes it to look so real and enticing when playing it. 

Simulation racing games are more realistic in terms of replicating real world driving realistic physics and effects like aerodynamics. 

It's why I'm so in love with Gran Turismo 7. The level of realism in the game with what you get in real life is amazing. Arcade racing games like Driver is good too in its own way. 

Edited by Boblee

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Simulation racing games are more realistic in terms of replicating real world driving realistic physics and effects like aerodynamics. 

Correct bro. And most 3D games are based on simulation which is the option i love when it comes to racing. I love 3D racing games more, and GT offers just that, including NFS, MGP as well. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Correct bro. And most 3D games are based on simulation which is the option i love when it comes to racing. I love 3D racing games more, and GT offers just that, including NFS, MGP as well. 

It's going to be very rare for you to see newly released racing games on any new gen consoles to be in 2D. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's going to be very rare for you to see newly released racing games on any new gen consoles to be in 2D. 

Very rare indeed, such is only visible with mobile phones with low specs. Most of the mobile phones are operating on 3D videogame mode. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Very rare indeed, such is only visible with mobile phones with low specs. Most of the mobile phones are operating on 3D videogame mode. 

Although, there may me such 2D games for Nintendo Switch platform. There are lots of good 2D racing games there. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

Although, there may me such 2D games for Nintendo Switch platform. There are lots of good 2D racing games there. 

Nintendo switch pack them enough. I can't begin to mention them because I never played any of them which I saw on Google when I went for reviews of the games there running on switch, I saw plenty of 2D games running on the platform. 

On 4/24/2022 at 5:28 PM, Heatman said:

You can always buy another TV set online either on Amazon or eBay 😂. But it's good you kept the old system, it's something that will always give you a connection to old memories. Did you manage to play Driver then with your brother? 

I played a little but preferred to watch him playing. And one day I asked him why he's not playing any more and he replied that he completed it (while I was on vacation out of town). It was sad... as far as I remember, Havana was my favorite location.

Edited by Cognizant