Register Now
Prof elohstar

NEED FOR SPEED.

I believe there were 5 need for speed games on the ps1 if memory serves me correct. I played the first and second years later after they were released so can't really form a honest oppinion on those. I did borrow need for speed 3 from a classmate a few times and beat the game, diden't really think much off it to be honest, the hot pursuit mode was introduced and from there it toke off, let me say i've never been a fan off the cops vs you type of gameplay and i'll mostlikely never will. it was a decent arcade racer but that's that, i know some people really like that game and have fond memories off, it did have a imo now legendary cover art.

Need for speed road challenge/high stakes i did own during my teens and played a lot and i mean a lot, probably my favourite in the need for speed series if you would ask me, the game kind of went back to it's roots and was more focussed on racing luxery cars then anything else. Sure there was a hot pursuit mode and you could plays as a cop this time but like i said it's was fun for a few hours and that's it. The racing and the tracks were varied from city's /forests/ snow/etc, what was really cool for the time is that traffic was different on each track.

Need for speed porsche i think came out in 2000, i also had this one. Game was more focussed on racing then anything else, the porsche career mode was really cool and you really felt like you were in the 50 ies when you started racing some of porsche earlier cars. Wish i could say more but it's been a lifetime ago since i played this game.

13 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Need for speed road challenge is a racing game on PlayStation 1. Need for speed 2 and 3 was also released on PlayStation 1 and its an interesting game for those that love racing games. 

Need for Speed series used to be my favorite racing game but over the years, I have drifted towards Gran Turismo more. 

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I believe there were 5 need for speed games on the ps1 if memory serves me correct. I played the first and second years later after they were released so can't really form a honest oppinion on those. I did borrow need for speed 3 from a classmate a few times and beat the game, diden't really think much off it to be honest, the hot pursuit mode was introduced and from there it toke off, let me say i've never been a fan off the cops vs you type of gameplay and i'll mostlikely never will. it was a decent arcade racer but that's that, i know some people really like that game and have fond memories off, it did have a imo now legendary cover art.

Need for speed road challenge/high stakes i did own during my teens and played a lot and i mean a lot, probably my favourite in the need for speed series if you would ask me, the game kind of went back to it's roots and was more focussed on racing luxery cars then anything else. Sure there was a hot pursuit mode and you could plays as a cop this time but like i said it's was fun for a few hours and that's it. The racing and the tracks were varied from city's /forests/ snow/etc, what was really cool for the time is that traffic was different on each track.

Need for speed porsche i think came out in 2000, i also had this one. Game was more focussed on racing then anything else, the porsche career mode was really cool and you really felt like you were in the 50 ies when you started racing some of porsche earlier cars. Wish i could say more but it's been a lifetime ago since i played this game.

OMG.. I can see you just went back to memory lane! Oh that feeling of good memories. Am with you on this @Yaramaki

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Need for Speed series used to be my favorite racing game but over the years, I have drifted towards Gran Turismo more. 

Gran turismo is another beautiful racing game but I didn't play it for long compared to the way I played need for speed.

18 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I never played any of the Need for Speed games on ps1, the ones I played were all on the ps2 Underground 1 and 2 and Mostwanted

You're talking about the PlayStation 2 series. They're also very interesting and we saw a whole lot of upgrade in the game compared to PlayStation 1 need for speed.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:51 PM, Prof elohstar said:

Need for speed road challenge is a racing game on PlayStation 1. Need for speed 2 and 3 was also released on PlayStation 1 and its an interesting game for those that love racing games. 

Is this game available on Playstation 2? If yes, I will have to check it out and see what's happening on it.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:35 PM, kingpotato said:

I never played any of the Need for Speed games on ps1, the ones I played were all on the ps2 Underground 1 and 2 and Mostwanted

Need for Speed Most Wanted will always be my favorite when it comes to their series franchise. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Need for Speed Most Wanted will always be my favorite when it comes to their series franchise. 

I know the game has been remade a couple of times already, but I wish we had it available on modern consoles, I believe the most recent remaster was on mobile devices

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I know the game has been remade a couple of times already, but I wish we had it available on modern consoles, I believe the most recent remaster was on mobile devices

I think there is a remastered NFS available on Playstation 5. I need to look into it more to be very sure.