Register Now
Head_Hunter

Top 5 video games with the most sales in the last decade?

12 minutes ago, Heatman said:

For a game to sell up to 20 million copies, it's definitely not that bad as far as I'm concerned because you can't tell me that 20 million buyers just decided to throw their money into trash. 

I played it, and you obviously didn't. Destiny was faced with huge backlash when it first launched due to it's lacklustre content and false advertising that made the game to be much more that what it really was. It sold so well because it was sold on a lie. And since you obviously didn't know about about of this, here's some advice. If you don't know what your talking about, don't about talk it. You'll just make yourself look like a fool.

34 minutes ago, Heatman said:

For a game to sell up to 20 million copies, it's definitely not that bad as far as I'm concerned because you can't tell me that 20 million buyers just decided to throw their money into trash. 

I know Destiny had it flaws but I enjoyed it, especially PVE.  The gunplay is some of the best I've ever played in an FPS.  It's issues mostly revolved around how grindy and repetitive it was.

16 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I played it, and you obviously didn't. Destiny was faced with huge backlash when it first launched due to it's lacklustre content and false advertising that made the game to be much more that what it really was. It sold so well because it was sold on a lie. And since you obviously didn't know about about of this, here's some advice. If you don't know what your talking about, don't about talk it. You'll just make yourself look like a fool.

Well, I guess since I played the game way more than YOU, I'm within my right to tell you to shut the fuck up and publicity berate you for "not knowing what your talking about"... Right?

Seriously back off dude!  Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean you need to drop an atom bomb!  Get a grip!

Edited by Crazycrab

17 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I know Destiny had it flaws but I enjoyed it, especially PVE.  The gunplay is some of the best I've ever played in an FPS.  It's issues mostly revolved around how grindy and repetitive it was.

Well, I guess since I played the game way more than YOU, I'm within my right to tell you to shut the fuck up and publicity berate you for "not knowing what your talking about"... Right?

Seriously back off dude!  Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean you need to drop an atom bomb!  Get a grip!

If one of us look like they are loosing thier temper right, quite frankly it's you. We both know that the backlash I described did happen and we can both recognise that @Heatman was unaware of it and hadn't played the game. I was simply advising him that if he knew he didn't know enough about this it would better to not  say anything, or (to expand n that) to some research. We both also know that just because a game sells well doesn't automatically mean a game was well received. That has happened more time than can counted.

So might I suggest you calm down.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

If one of us look like they are loosing thier temper right, quite frankly it's you. We both know that the backlash I described did happen and we can both recognise that @Heatman was unaware of it and hadn't played the game. I was simply advising him that if he knew he didn't know enough about this it would better to not  say anything, or (to expand n that) to some research. We both also know that just because a game sells well doesn't automatically mean a game was well received. That has happened more time than can counted.

So might I suggest you calm down.

Either your trying to evade the criticism or your not reading the situation very well.  I'm perfectly calm and I wasn't calling you for loosing your temper.  I was calling you out for your terrible arrogant attitude which is still on full display. You had a point to make and I don't even think your wrong.  My problem is you did it with such pomposity and arrogance and frankly, I would expect anyone but especially a moderator to do better:

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I played it, and you obviously didn't. Destiny was faced with huge backlash when it first launched due to it's lacklustre content and false advertising that made the game to be much more that what it really was. It sold so well because it was sold on a lie. And since you obviously didn't know about about of this, here's some advice. If you don't know what your talking about, don't about talk it. You'll just make yourself look like a fool.

Here's one of I'm sure MANY ways you could have explained it without being a total twat:

It seems you never played it so let me explain.  The reason why Destiny sold very well was because of it's marketing.  Bungie and Activision managed to suck people in on its premise but the marketing ultimately was very misleading and many fans were pissed to say the least.  The sad thing is it worked, by pumping in a huge marketing budget and piggy backing of the excitement of the former HALO developer Bungie the game sold like hot cakes.  There is a valuable lesson in there that I, you and everyone else can learn about not buying into hype.

Your out of order, but I'm going to take a semi-educated guess that your not going to listen and just stop here before you blame me for this topic going of the rails or whatever.

Edited by Crazycrab

actually on topic

The two games I would think that have the biggest sales are probably GTA V and Skyrim.  Maybe World of Warcraft if you sales on that kind of subscription model.

EDIT:

Damn, I just went through the earlier post and totally forgot Minecraft, yeah that one makes sense.

Edited by Crazycrab

24 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Either your trying to evade the criticism or your not reading the situation very well.  I'm perfectly calm and I wasn't calling you for loosing your temper.  I was calling you out for your terrible arrogant attitude which is still on full display. You had a point to make and I don't even think your wrong.  My problem is you did it with such pomposity and arrogance and frankly, I would expect anyone but especially a moderator to do better:

Here's one of I'm sure MANY ways you could have explained it without being a total twat:

Your out of order, but I'm going to take a semi-educated guess that your not going to listen and just stop here before you blame me for this topic going of the rails or whatever.

Maybe you're right and I should follow your example because treating people with vitriol and venom just for expressing thier opinion is nothing like you, is it?

image_2022-04-11_142652.thumb.png.4fce075aff4459ea9a52e945a991b27b.png

There is nothing arrogant about stating simple facts, but whatever, I can't be bothered to argue with you.

When I tried to get the updated list of top 5 best selling video games, I saw Minecraft in another recommendation as the number video game with the most sales with over 238,000 sales, while GTA V came second with 160,000 sales, Tetris third with over 100,000 sales. 

It's crazy to see that Minecraft was the best selling game of all time. I know it was popular but I honestly would have thought it was Grand Theft Auto V considering they have managed to re-release it as a "new game" for two new console generations. 

10 hours ago, Darth said:

It's crazy to see that Minecraft was the best selling game of all time. I know it was popular but I honestly would have thought it was Grand Theft Auto V considering they have managed to re-release it as a "new game" for two new console generations. 

Minecraft surprised me too, I never checked this list before, I did it the research to keep the thread on track, and I'm happy I've learned something new as well after getting the true facts, around best selling video games. 

On 4/19/2022 at 5:52 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Watch out for Fortnite game that boost 272 million users world-wide. If not that the game is an epic free game, it could've gone viral in sales. 

Compare this with PUBG 1000 million players.