Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are the best games for sections that let you use multiple strategies?

Obviously deus ex, there are so many solutions to each problem and so many hidden things on each level that you find new stuff even on the 10th playthrough.

For gaining access to a loctaion there are usually these solutions:

1. Usually there is an NPC you can convince to give you access (of course first you have to find the person with access who is willing and not hostile)
  2. Find the keypad access codes by hacking a computer console (to mix it up perhaps you can find the login/pw for the console instead of hacking into it)
  3. Use electronics to bypass the keypad securing the door
  4. Hack a security console to remotely open the doors (same with computers you can probably find the login data some way if you don't have hacking skill)
  5. Use the plain old lockpicking method to gain access through a non electronically secured door.
  6. Get access by doing a pre-requisite favor for someone in a previous level
  7. Blow shit up, there is usually a weakpoint that is vulnerable to explosives (which you can both carry on you or use environmental explosives)
  8. Use the environment, ie.: re-arrange or destroy some boxes to gain access to the roof or basement bypassing all floor level security
  9. Trick an NPC into opening the  door for you
  10. There is always a secret back way in, often more than one. Through a went, or through an outlet pipe underwater, and many other possibilities.
  11. Find the key, plain and simple
  12. Walk in through the front door, yes sometimes that works too.

There is a reason why I'm always saying that DeusEx is the greatest videogame ever made.  Of course not all 12 options are viable for every location, but you'd be surprised how many ways you can gain access to your goal. There is one mission where you can even pretend to work with the bad guys and they lead you right to the thing you need to steal.

Fortnite Battle Royale game is just like that for me. It keeps me on a state of strategic planning to come out on top. It's a strategy game which you solve with you brain within some minutes and execute your plans perfectly, to avoid early elimination from the tournament. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Fortnite Battle Royale game is just like that for me. It keeps me on a state of strategic planning to come out on top. It's a strategy game which you solve with you brain within some minutes and execute your plans perfectly, to avoid early elimination from the tournament. 

The different strategies that you can implement at a time helps one to focus more on winning and avoiding elimination at a particular point in time. I like that kind of game as it is lovely to play most of the time.

3 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

The different strategies that you can implement at a time helps one to focus more on winning and avoiding elimination at a particular point in time. I like that kind of game as it is lovely to play most of the time.

Yes, it's a strategy game, you need to think faster within secs, to execute the plans you have in your mind. Because, if you don't take your chance you'll be eliminated by a fast opposition. 

On 3/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, Justin11 said:

Yes, it's a strategy game, you need to think faster within secs, to execute the plans you have in your mind. Because, if you don't take your chance you'll be eliminated by a fast opposition. 

You are right about this. Fast thinking helps the player to execute the plans properly as that will make a lot of difference between a pro and a beginner in the game.

4 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

You are right about this. Fast thinking helps the player to execute the plans properly as that will make a lot of difference between a pro and a beginner in the game.

Which we know, the pro players always excel far in the Battle Royale game than the beginners. The beginners are the ones that face early elimination in the game. 

Which we know, the pro players always excel far in the Battle Royale game than the beginners. The beginners are the ones that face early elimination in the game. 

The beginners will always face such eliminations till they are ready to work their way up to what they wish to achieve. Gaming requires learning and doing it fast.

13 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

The beginners will always face such eliminations till they are ready to work their way up to what they wish to achieve. Gaming requires learning and doing it fast.

Exactly, I don't see the reason why a beginner, wouldn't go through learning in such a difficult survival game. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Exactly, I don't see the reason why a beginner, wouldn't go through learning in such a difficult survival game. 

It takes patient to hold on in that kind of situation. Trust me, not everyone will keep playing a particular game where they lose often at the start.

16 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

It takes patient to hold on in that kind of situation. Trust me, not everyone will keep playing a particular game where they lose often at the start.

Not everyone indeed, some persons will just abandon such video game due to their uneasy early start. 

Not everyone indeed, some persons will just abandon such video game due to their uneasy early start. 

It is not the loss of the game developers when this kind of thing happens. Those that play and scale through will have something positive to talk about the game.