Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games make the best use of controller vibration?

On 3/16/2022 at 3:52 AM, Knight Barida said:

Racing games give you the vibration feeling especially when you are going off the track. Because the game is time based, one is meant to focus on finishing the race as possible and the vibration feeling helps at that stage.

I'd say that it's very distracting especially in Rally games with the controller vibrating constantly. You literally feel your car going over every bump on the track. After a while, it feels really uncomfortable to me.

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

You are a one rough driver then. It's how I used to drive when I was still a newbie in playing racing games. I love to crash cars a lot. 

I don't feel like I crash that often.  I did crash today in GT6 driving the '76 Ferrari 512 BB, but I don't feel like that car has very secure handling.

19 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I don't feel like I crash that often.  I did crash today in GT6 driving the '76 Ferrari 512 BB, but I don't feel like that car has very secure handling.

It was only in my early stage in playing the game that I used to crash a lot till I started enjoying it but I hardly do that now. 

Their is nothing interesting me more when I'm playing racing a game, when my vehicle or motorcycle jumps up, it will vibrate on my my hands, it makes it realistic no lie. I love too when i am playing soccer and the ball hits the cross bar, the vibration on my controller bolster my immersion. 

On 4/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, Heatman said:

It was only in my early stage in playing the game that I used to crash a lot till I started enjoying it but I hardly do that now. 

If there's a car that I fear in video games its the Lancia Stratos.  I have more chance of crashing in that car than just about any other car, regardless which game its in.

5 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Driving games mostly makes your controller to vibrate. I think it's all driving games actually because all the driving games I have played do make controllers to vibrate. Other games like soccer, God of war also causes vibration. 

Their is no doubt, when the vehicle or motorcycle is flying and galloping, it will take effect on the controller if you turn ON the vibration calibrator. 

I abhor vibration most times, but I like it when it's very slight on a trigger pull of a firearm, though I do like the slight rumble of controls in Mario Kart 8: Deluxe on the Switch. I had hoped third parties would make equally good use of the haptic feedback and vibration as such, but alas, they never really did. It was a fine novelty back when it was first around; the Playstation One did no small amount of marketing in game case's artwork or on the back of manuals.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:14 PM, m76 said:

L.A. Noire, I don't even remember how exactly it used it but I remember liking it.

The way it worked was that when you were near an item you could interact with (rubble, a shoe, a smoking gun), the controller would vibrate slightly, in case for whatever reason you missed the audible chime. I think it came off as more natural, like it was an instinct, almost.

9 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I abhor vibration most times, but I like it when it's very slight on a trigger pull of a firearm.... 

This is literally me after I have progressed with my gaming career. At first, I used to love it but subsequently, it's a feeling I would like to get ride of as it tends to rattle me most of the time now. 

On 4/12/2022 at 12:21 AM, Justin11 said:

Their is no doubt, when the vehicle or motorcycle is flying and galloping, it will take effect on the controller if you turn ON the vibration calibrator. 

Yeah... I actually do turn it off. Because sometimes the vibrations might be too much for me to enjoy the game. I prefer it when the vibration is off.