Register Now
skyfire

Phantom Breaker: Omnia

On 3/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, Empire said:

Was hoping this was an RPG. Disappointed that it’s a fighting game. Those backgrounds are too good to be wasted on this genre.

Fighting games are also good as long as you don't get carried away feeling you are not getting in the action. This is the reason Phantom Breaker is good when you wish to test some fist or weapon fighting. 

8 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Fighting games are also good as long as you don't get carried away feeling you are not getting in the action. This is the reason Phantom Breaker is good when you wish to test some fist or weapon fighting. 

This one wont carry you much ahead and it's decent action game in general.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:05 AM, Empire said:

Was hoping this was an RPG. Disappointed that it’s a fighting game. Those backgrounds are too good to be wasted on this genre.

I mean, Phantom Breaker has always been a fighting game series though so them transitioning it to a rpg was never going to happen. I agree that the graphics is amazing though.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:31 PM, Head_Hunter said:

It should remain on its mode of operation just as a fighting game just like MK have been for years. 

I agree - try to create a sequel in another genre will never go over well with the original fanbase. New fans also tend to listen to what most older fans say so they may avoid it.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - try to create a sequel in another genre will never go over well with the original fanbase. New fans also tend to listen to what most older fans say so they may avoid it.

Yeah, it will make it look odd, and different, making gamers to lose interest in what the studio company is in producing. Because the company failed to satisfy them, and rather satisfying themselves alone and undermining what they love to see. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, it will make it look odd, and different, making gamers to lose interest in what the studio company is in producing. Because the company failed to satisfy them, and rather satisfying themselves alone and undermining what they love to see. 

Exactly - one thing consumers of a product like is familiarity. If you make small changes to the game which enhances the gameplay or adds a new element, most won't really complain unless it was poorly executed.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly - one thing consumers of a product like is familiarity. If you make small changes to the game which enhances the gameplay or adds a new element, most won't really complain unless it was poorly executed.

Correct. When it adds tremendous quality, definitely it will be highly recommended, and gamers gonna like the extra features. And not changing what's not up to the previous set-up. 

On 3/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, Empire said:

I was kind of disappointed as well that it wasn't an RPG but I can actually manage it as a fighting game as well. It looks decent enough to me.