Register Now
Yaramaki

The official VGR.COM Video game pick up thread

Don't really know what to call it so it will have to do for now. As title says and i won't deny it i like to collect and buy videogames, most forums i used to visit were collector based so they all had these sort of threads so here we go, post video game and video game related stuff you bought, pictures are a must imo so we know what you are talking about. Pretty much anything goes aslong it's somewhat related to video games.

It would be cool if we could get a thread and conversation going about pick ups.

As for myself i kind off went on a bargain hunting spree for current gen games the past week orso, some games i really wanted to play but diden't want to pay full price and a few i toke a chance on because they looked interesting. Grid legends is the only game i paid full price for. I'm normally more of a collector for the older stuff but you'll find that out pretty soon. I've got about 50 more games i picked up the past few weeks just waiting on a few more packages to post those.

ZKd0xua.jpg

Looks like i won't be getting any mail sometime soon, since japan post suspended delivering mail to europe and since it's been pilling up so here is the stuff from the past 2 months orso. Meanly stuck with the 3 systems i'm meanly collecting for at the moment japanese xbox, xbox 360 and wii u.

Og Xbox pick ups, think i'm down to 175 out 222 games released in japan, so it's just a matter of chipping away at it, got most of the expensive stuff already, hopefully i can complete it this year well if i don't get sidetracked that is :

65KcrRT.jpg

Xbox 360. trying to round out the collectors editions, pretty sure i have 90% of the collectors editions released in japan now, as for games i'm not really far off to have everithing it's just a matter of feeling to get all the sports games : 

j7txOP8.jpg

And wii u, i've got some found memories for the system so that's why i collect for it. One of my top 10 jrpg's off all time is still trapped there btw. There are only a little over 100 physical games released in japan so it's something i'm aiming for to complete. Not going super hard on it, if i can find a deal i'll take it but i'm not in a rush. Also a lost shikigami no shiro limited edition on the ps2 because i had no clue where to put it :

XhDsQgu.jpg

And the best for last, i need to stop buying dreamcast consoles since it's going to ruin me haha. Now i see how much i suck at taking pictures, anyway got a good deal on it, in terms i can easily make a profit on it if i was to sell it on ebay.  But it's a keeper, it's said only 200 were made, but it shows up a little too often for that so probably more like 2000. This is probably going to be one of the best picks up of the year for me, very happy with it, it looks like it's never been used until i tested it out :

tV7jtoM.jpg

As far as collectibles go, I have the set pictured below, and a couple Master Swords. I'm not sure where the swords are at the moment. It's 9:00AM and I've been up since 5:00AM, so my brain isn't exactly on yet. Need more coffee. but that aside, I think the swords are in the bedroom. I can't really go check because @Rain Dew is still sleeping. If I go in there and turn the light on, shell use the swords on me, assuming they're in there. That or she'll come at me with my cast iron skillet. She'd catch me too, because she's fast and I'm stuck in a slow ass chair. So for self preservation you're just going to have to wait on the swords. I also had the weird ass SNES controller shown below at one time, but lost it several years ago. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on another one, just for nostalgia sake.

Also if you're wondering about Zelda BS, it's Zelda Broadcast Satellaview, not Zelda bullshit.

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

9.jpg

Edited by The Blackangel

Lol Guess i'm the only one still buying video games. Must say that i'm starting to enjoy this bargain hunting for current gen stuff it always pays off to hold off and wait for a deal to happen. I'm not going too crazy ( for my doing) just games i'm going to play someday well whenever that is.

The first game i'm going to play is definately road 96 well after i finish up watch dogs legion, monster crown seems like a pokemon clone i never really knew it existed until i saw it, folks may keep an eye out for this one. Before you ask me why the fuck did you buy need for speed, it was 9,99 for that price i'll take a chance on it. Open country i had to import from the us, it's supposed to be one of the better hunting games out there, like we don't have enough of those already.

The forgotten city as far as i know, was a skyrim mode so i'm kind off curious to see how the two compare.  

Now dude where is the japanese stuff, hold on i'm just waiting on one package to arrive then i'll post my haul from japan for the month of april.

jj6IEwP.jpg

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Lol Guess i'm the only one still buying video games. Must say that i'm starting to enjoy this bargain hunting for current gen stuff it always pays off to hold off and wait for a deal to happen. I'm not going too crazy ( for my doing) just games i'm going to play someday well whenever that is.

The first game i'm going to play is definately road 96 well after i finish up watch dogs legion, monster crown seems like a pokemon clone i never really knew it existed until i saw it, folks may keep an eye out for this one. Before you ask me why the fuck did you buy need for speed, it was 9,99 for that price i'll take a chance on it. Open country i had to import from the us, it's supposed to be one of the better hunting games out there, like we don't have enough of those already.

The forgotten city as far as i know, was a skyrim mode so i'm kind off curious to see how the two compare.  

Now dude where is the japanese stuff, hold on i'm just waiting on one package to arrive then i'll post my haul from japan for the month of april.

jj6IEwP.jpg

Nice haul of games - I totally forgot about the Evil Genius series for the original Xbox. Such an underrated game for its time.

Here is all the crap i picked up in may. I just stuck with the main 3 consoles i'm collecting for at the moment, nothing too crazy or expensive, but damn i need to start getting better at taking pictures :

Og japanese xbox :

eXmQTkr.jpg7

Japanese wii u : man there were days people would go nuts for those smash bros bundles with the gamecube adapter and pay close to 200$ for them, nowadays you can have a brand new for about 40 atleast that's what i paid. That nintendo land bundle was about 15$ brand new just to show how cheap wii u games are in japan.

Those monster hunter games set me back a little more then i wanted but since they are exclusive to japan and it seems other collectors are willing to fork out a premium for them i should get my hands on as soon as possible.

kJuNXtv.jpg

Japanese xbox 360 : can't really add much here but i'm happy to find a complete Shin hokuto musou treasure box, there is always something missing like it comes with a clock that is either broken or missing or the box is damaged, the clock isen't used so i had to get it. I paid about 1000 yen for it (about 8$) so that was a good deal, glad i held off on it.

i7s0yky.jpg

I also like my videogame books so these are the ones i picked up the last couple of months, i do have to say the dreamcast collected works dissapointed me a little as it's more of an artbook with a few interviews here and there. But the quality of the book overall is top notch.

I always pick up these perfect catalogues when they get released in japan they finally released one for the ps2, these cover every ps2 game released in japan with some small info. So for a japanese import collector like me these are a must buy.

The persona/shin megami tensei and the wrestling with pixels ones are a no brainer if you are into either and like reading or discover more about the smt franchise or wrestling games. You can get them both from amazon and they aren't that expensive to get should you be interested. 

The go straight is offcourse with 650 pages the ultimate book about side scrolling beat em ups, i always buy bitmap their books whenever they release a new one as they are the best when it comes to videogame books, always top notch quality and very well written, exellent lay out with huge ass pictures and whatnot and you know prices are reasonable for what you get. 

MEcUNQe.jpg

now you know why i get up at 1.30 am at night to go to work.

Edited by Yaramaki

11 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Here is all the crap i picked up in may. I just stuck with the main 3 consoles i'm collecting for at the moment, nothing too crazy or expensive, but damn i need to start getting better at taking pictures :

Og japanese xbox :

eXmQTkr.jpg7

Japanese wii u : man there were days people would go nuts for those smash bros bundles with the gamecube adapter and pay close to 200$ for them, nowadays you can have a brand new for about 40 atleast that's what i paid. That nintendo land bundle was about 15$ brand new just to show how cheap wii u games are in japan.

Those monster hunter games set me back a little more then i wanted but since they are exclusive to japan and it seems other collectors are willing to fork out a premium for them i should get my hands on as soon as possible.

kJuNXtv.jpg

Japanese xbox 360 : can't really add much here but i'm happy to find a complete Shin hokuto musou treasure box, there is always something missing like it comes with a clock that is either broken or missing or the box is damaged, the clock isen't used so i had to get it. I paid about 1000 yen for it (about 8$) so that was a good deal, glad i held off on it.

i7s0yky.jpg

I also like my videogame books so these are the ones i picked up the last couple of months, i do have to say the dreamcast collected works dissapointed me a little as it's more of an artbook with a few interviews here and there. But the quality of the book overall is top notch.

I always pick up these perfect catalogues when they get released in japan they finally released one for the ps2, these cover every ps2 game released in japan with some small info. So for a japanese import collector like me these are a must buy.

The persona/shin megami tensei and the wrestling with pixels ones are a no brainer if you are into either and like reading or discover more about the smt franchise or wrestling games. You can get them both from amazon and they aren't that expensive to get should you be interested. 

The go straight is offcourse with 650 pages the ultimate book about side scrolling beat em ups, i always buy bitmap their books whenever they release a new one as they are the best when it comes to videogame books, always top notch quality and very well written, exellent lay out with huge ass pictures and whatnot and you know prices are reasonable for what you get. 

MEcUNQe.jpg

Damn, you're getting games and titles that I have never even heard of. But some that just by the cover art I really want to check out, assuming I can find them somewhere other than eBay.

And don't worry about the pics. I assume you're using your phone? Phones aren't exactly known for always taking professional quality pics. Hell 98% of the pics I've posted look like shit that not even the best code breakers in history could figure out. So it's all good.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:08 AM, Yaramaki said:

Og japanese xbox :

eXmQTkr.jpg7

kJuNXtv.jpg

i7s0yky.jpg

MEcUNQe.jpg

I have quite a collection mate. The Bladestorm there, I never expected to see that at all. I wish I could be a heavy collector like you 😊

Looks like i was quite busy during the month may lol. okay i guess you could call this how much crap can you get in one month edition, let's start with Wii u if i keep it up like this i should have the entire japanese set by the end of the year, don't really have to add other then that wii fit u bundle is quite tough to find and lego city undercover is the best lego game made :

ZT2VVUM.jpg

Og xbox and xbox 360, quite happy to finally get Buffy the vampire slayer as it is one of the more rare japanese xbox games, it shows up once every couple of months the fact it's sealed and i got for the same price as the last one sold makes it even better. Way of the samurai 3 i bought for the books suprised they managed to bother with a 350 page book for such a nice game :

qaUtkxE.jpg

More 360 shit,i bought a huge sports games lot back in august last year, since it was so cheap i went with surface mail. After 6 months i diden't count on it that it would still arrive so well you win some and lose some. Low and behold after 10 months in transit it arrived, i think even with shipping it was about 2 bucks per game considering wrestle kingdom sells for 20 alone and some games are going for around 10 i'd say that was a good deal and it saves me some pain to have to go trough a whole bunch of sport games, yes thats the pain of trying to get a complete collection :

hPbBz2Z.jpg

X9ONoch.jpg

Probably the best of the buch monster hunter frontier 2013 premium package, i've been searching for this ever since i knew of it existance and low and behold one showed finally up brand new, the good thing for me the guy listed under statues instead of games so i got it for about 3500 yen. Kinda hard to photography i always tought the dragon was plastic, but it's a stone book stand whoever thought it was a good idea to release this must have been high as fuck.

I wasen't really planning on getting a ps3 but one of my girlfriend her colleagues was getting rid of some stuff and they happened to have a barely used ps3 which she bought for 50 euros.

nIcwPns.jpg

What can i say, getting that ps3 renewed my interest in the system so i got some japanese stuff for it that i've been meaning to get at some point. What can i say i love me some Idolm@ster , maybe i'll get around collecting ps3 one day 😁: tmzbNZV.jpg

Hmm i guess that's everithing i got during may.

Edited by Yaramaki

Never been a collector, therefore, I do not have any physical copies to show. I play online games, and most of my game activities are centered on mobile device and PC. If IN have to pick, I will pick Minecraft and Roblox.

Looks like i won't be getting any more mail this month, think i've done an okay job in june not a ton of stuff for my doing but you know beggars can't be choosers. Got 2 of the rarest japanese 360 games knocked of the list and added a console i've been after for a while. I'll admit i kinda went overboard with bargain hunting for current gen stuff, what can i say i'm a sucker for a good deal and if stores slash their prices on a ton of games, this sucker will scoop up the things he has been holding off until they went on sale. Some games keep being brought up  here like hades and ghostrunner so i'm kinda curious if they are as good as some of you claim.

ttLqhnv.jpg

hekv17l.jpg

If you ask me what the rarest japanese xbox 360 game is,hands down it's going to be Bandfuse rock legends, i've been collecting japanese 360 stuff for a couple of years now and never seen it for sale once, i was starting to doubt that it even existed, low and behold a store on Yahoo japan shopping had a brand new one for sale with just a stock photo as picture for a decent price, i decided to take my changes and bought it and i'm glad i did turned out it exists. Disney fantasia is also one of the rarest 360 releases as it was the last kinect game released in japan, also came from that same seller. 

jqQIHtr.jpg

Also yeah another console lol, Fist of the north star is my favourite anime of all time, so i had to get this special edition ps3 one way or the other. A seller on yahoo auctions japan was offering a brand new one for what i found a decent price, the guy was also nice enough to include a guidebook for the game. It's never been out of the box, like i'm i ever going to use it or take it out of the box probably not. Is it a waste of money absolutly but what isen't a waste of money these days. 

Ru0kdbn.jpg

That's it for this month.

Noice pickups! I haven't purchased a physical game in quite a while sadly. I've been meaning to change that, as I do kinda want to build up my gaming collection to have more physical games. I mostly focus on buying retro games. I will buy some newer games here and there, but with my collection, I prefer to build up retro first and then focus on the newer titles. 

Looks like i'm the only one keeping this thread alive luckly i got enough stuff to cover as i probably won't be getting anything anymore more this month so better get it over with. I've also changed the table cloth for the occasion 😉

Right where do i even start, let's start with the modern crap, couple of sales here and there you know the usual nothing too exiting, i did preorder endling - extinction is forever because not only it looks interesting but i also want to support smaller indie physical releases as much as possible + also the first switch game i bought this year. Damn thing is gathering dust like there is no tommorow (just kidding i dust it off every week) :

IA5hRlv.jpg

Japanese wii u, i had to get the zelda game at some point before they get really pricey so that's what i did, think i'm 2/3 done with set :

XQZ2w1m.jpg

Japanese xbox 360 + since it's zelda month at my place, i diden't have the japanese version of wind waker and the zelda collection which was given out trough club nintendo, yep who still remembers club nintendo?

75OBHqg.jpg

Japanese og xbox, i'm kind off hoping to complete this set by the end of the year and probably should be able to do it without breaking the bank. Anyway finally finally i got a minty copy of Dennou Taisen: DroneZ imo the rarest japanese xbox game, i've been searching for this game for let's say 3 years there is always something wrong with it, it's either faded or the manual is missing and when everihting is alright with it, sellers want 300+$ for it which eh  ain't going to pay that :

f6YkNXI.jpg

And we've saved the best for last this thing has been on my wanted lists for the longest time the Mobile Suit Gundam Warriors Kadokawa Shoten Special edition, which imo is hands down the rarest gamecube you can get since they only made 500 copies of it and were given away trough a lottery. I wasen't really planning on getting this but the opportunity came along to get a sealed copy from a collector who i haven't talked to in years, it's nice he remembered me and we quickly agreed to a price, which wasn't too bad let's say i could have bought a ps5 and a game for it, but eh why would i want that when i can have this instead.

I know you can get the regulair version of this game for 10 bucks or less, the only difference is the packaging and that you unluck everithing from the start of the game. Was considering of getting back into gamecube and pick where i left off a couple of years ago so i may just do that. Needless to say all this brings a huge smile on my face.

Ie6eKEK.jpg

Edited by Yaramaki

An impressive array of games you got yaramaki I felt I have a good amount of games but yours beat mine hands down.

I moved to a new apartment a few months back  and I still haven't gone back to my parents house to get my video games collection (I felt it would be safer there since my current apartment is still a mess and I am always rearranging stuffs and changing interior).

I have the spider games from the earliest release in 2002 and also Assassin's Creed (not my favorite collectibles but I am a big fan).

I have an array of consoles and I found the Atari 2600 last year after a few years of searching.

Edited by Clasher