Register Now
Jayson

Saturday Morning Cartoons

When I was a kid in the 80s these were a big thing.  However, I highly suspect they aren't even on these days.  Well, I don't really know what cartoons play on Saturday morning now.  What plays on the CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC?

Realizing that I'm an adult now and there are no more saturday morning cartoons almost makes me sick. Think about what else is gone from our childhood: The mcdonald land characters. Ask a kid today who the hamburgler or birdie are, and they are clueless. This is some kind of sick nightmare. Luckily, comic books are still huge. I buy almost every batman title thats out currently. Its the last shred of youth and innocence i have left

On 3/18/2022 at 1:27 AM, Jayson said:

When I was a kid in the 80s these were a big thing.  However, I highly suspect they aren't even on these days.  Well, I don't really know what cartoons play on Saturday morning now.  What plays on the CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC?

I don't have cable and I haven't seen animation on the channels we get using an antenna. But, we do have a Roku and enough apps to make our own Sat. Morning Cartoons thing. I'll put on old and newer cartoons on Saturday to watch with our kid. He's still small, but he's finally old enough where he's better at following plot.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:53 AM, Gonassis said:

Just a video to complement OP's first post :))

I actually tried re-watching some of the older stuff, Voltron to be specific, and it's hard. The animation and stories are really simple and you would need to be a kid to enjoy it again.

The Inspector Gadget theme song is awesome. There are some awesome shows in there. Needs more Visionaries and SilverHawks (aka Bird ThunderCats). If we're going a little later in time, I would put some Mighty Max, ExoSquad and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on there too.

15 hours ago, harleyqbx said:

The Inspector Gadget theme song is awesome. There are some awesome shows in there. Needs more Visionaries and SilverHawks (aka Bird ThunderCats). If we're going a little later in time, I would put some Mighty Max, ExoSquad and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on there too.

You're also forgetting Captain Planet and Johnny Quest as well. Those were some iconic ones as well.