Register Now
Jayson

Tablets

I bought a friend's LG 7 inch tablet for 20 bux about 7 years ago. My brother in law gave me his old ipad mini 3rd gen.I mostly  use them to listen to tune in and maybe the odd youtube video now and then.Tablets and laptops are truly amazing for their size but the mighty desktop is still better generally.It all depends on whatcha wanna do with the gadget.

Most household do own a teblet nowdays around there home. I have an simple and low cost amazon fire tablet that I had for 4 or so years now 🙂 I use it for watching films and TVs in bed at night and also I have a twitch App that I put my chat on while streaming next to me while gaming on the tablet desk stand. 

I thought about updating to the new series tablet but then again I just use what I have and save.

Never had the chance to own a Tablet but a brother of mine had a Samsung TAB 3, i didn't actually like it, but i recently came across TAB S8, it was so impressive for me, i really liked it and wanted to buy it, but the retail price was 699$ xD

Just now, Patrik said:

Never had the chance to own a Tablet but a brother of mine had a Samsung TAB 3, i didn't actually like it, but i recently came across TAB S8, it was so impressive for me, i really liked it and wanted to buy it, but the retail price was 699$ xD

Well the Tab S8 is the most recent version of the Samsung flagship tablet, what did you expect? Outside of Apple, Samsung products always tend to be pretty damn expensive.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well the Tab S8 is the most recent version of the Samsung flagship tablet, what did you expect? Outside of Apple, Samsung products always tend to be pretty damn expensive.

699$ for such a Tablet is a pretty good price don't get me wrong, i just felt that i'd give the priority of that money to something else 😛

On 4/8/2022 at 2:28 AM, Patrik said:

699$ for such a Tablet is a pretty good price don't get me wrong, i just felt that i'd give the priority of that money to something else 😛

Just wait a year or two and it'll be 1/3 of the price. Android tablets lose their market value extremely quickly due to the fact that some of the major productivity apps don't run particularly well on Android tablets. I mean, they're pretty fun to use for emulation and other stuff such as playing games but for more serious professionals, Ipad is the way to go (hate saying this but its the truth).

It's quite strange that I never wanted to own a tablet. There was a time when it was such a trend around here but I wasn't moved either. I feel a good laptop and very good smartphone phone would serve me well, so there isn't any need to add a tablet to the list.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:01 AM, Clasher said:

It's quite strange that I never wanted to own a tablet. There was a time when it was such a trend around here but I wasn't moved either. I feel a good laptop and very good smartphone phone would serve me well, so there isn't any need to add a tablet to the list.

It depends on what you need it for - I use mine to read Ebooks, play games and to review some work-related stuff. Yes, I also have a gaming laptop but it's not as portable to carry around and have to keep it plugged in or else it'll be out of juice with 2-3 hours whereas my tablet tends to last almost the whole day even when it is under heavy use.