Register Now
Jayson

Tablets

I have a 4th gen iPad Air and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. I have a mixed reception on Android tablets because of the poor app optimization. The tablets are now trying to emphasize you using it in landscape mode, along with a keyboard and mouse, but the vast majority of apps just work in portrait mode. A lot of the apps also don't scale correctly, so it's like the early iPad days where the apps were just blown up phone apps.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, Grungie said:

I have a 4th gen iPad Air and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. I have a mixed reception on Android tablets because of the poor app optimization. The tablets are now trying to emphasize you using it in landscape mode, along with a keyboard and mouse, but the vast majority of apps just work in portrait mode. A lot of the apps also don't scale correctly, so it's like the early iPad days where the apps were just blown up phone apps.

That's the issue I have with apps on Android tablets  - they aren't optimized well. That's why I ended up going for the Ipad in the first place - I feel like the Android community on a whole has been neglecting the tablets because neither Google or App developers have really tried to address this.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's the issue I have with apps on Android tablets  - they aren't optimized well. That's why I ended up going for the Ipad in the first place - I feel like the Android community on a whole has been neglecting the tablets because neither Google or App developers have really tried to address this.

You would think that because ChromeOS is getting more popular, and it natively runs Android apps, on top of Google wanting to also push out Chrome tablets, it would incentivize Google and developers to optimize stuff for non-phone displays, but that hasn't gone anywhere. Android apps have been a thing on ChromeOS for quite a few years now, and you'd be surprised at the most common apps only working in a phone orientation.

On 5/31/2022 at 4:19 PM, killamch89 said:

It depends on what you need it for - I use mine to read Ebooks, play games and to review some work-related stuff. Yes, I also have a gaming laptop but it's not as portable to carry around and have to keep it plugged in or else it'll be out of juice with 2-3 hours whereas my tablet tends to last almost the whole day even when it is under heavy use.

My mobile phone has a high resolution and I could adjust the text to suit whatever way I want and that pretty serves me well in terms of reading or even some minor writing I would want to do. My PC is there for major things like video editing, contents writing , copy writing, gaming or whatever function that requires a much bigger screen and wider keyboard.

Tablets are a good tool and if it serves the purpose you need them for it's perfectly understandable.

I feel comfortable using phone to edit than desktop computer. Maybe I'm too used to operating phones, and my next target of mobile phone is Tecno Camon 19 pro. The camera resolution is high and the RAM is super cool too (8GB), which is suitable for editing and photoshooting. 

I used to have a tablet but unfortunately the battery completely died and would no longer charge and I have never picked up a new tablet since. I do miss having a tablet if I am honest as I feel I can do so much more on a tablet than a smartphone, even when it comes to playing mobile games, I find it easier to play them on a tablet than a smartphone.

The tablet I owned was a Lenovo tablet and it was a really good tablet and the battery lasted a while even when I was playing games on it and left my phone free to use for other purposes as well. 

I own an iPad, but it's more like my father's instead of mine because I never use it and he uses it often. I thought I was going to play games on it often and use it for steaming services, but I just tend to use my iPhone and Google Chromebook. I guess it was like a present to him since I stopped using it.

I used to own a iPad Mini at one stage. I remember getting rid of it for two reasons. The screen was cracked and the software would no longer update meaning that I couldn't update or install new Apps due to the applications not being compatible with the version.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:08 PM, Bizdustry said:

I used to own a iPad Mini at one stage. I remember getting rid of it for two reasons. The screen was cracked and the software would no longer update meaning that I couldn't update or install new Apps due to the applications not being compatible with the version.

Yeah. Most Apple devices have a 5 year period for OS updates and they won't be supported anymore.