Register Now
Jayson

Generic vs Name-Brand Food/Drink Products

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some people can't afford brand drugs and it's partly the reason why they don't push for the drugs and it's totally understandable. 

Yeah, that's why we have so many fake drugs around. Before I go to pharmacy I make sure that the pharmacy is a registered business, most people claim to have registered their small scale pharmacy but not all did just that. 

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

For some products I like to stick to brands because of its quality, while for others I don't really bother as long as it serves the purpose quite well.

As for brands, it cost more money but the quality is always there. So e persons who doesn't want to spend much go for the generic product names without a brand, at times they become lucky and get quality products from there. 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:38 AM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, that's why we have so many fake drugs around. Before I go to pharmacy I make sure that the pharmacy is a registered business, most people claim to have registered their small scale pharmacy but not all did just that. 

This is why there's nothing in the world that's going make me patronise road ride drugs sellers all in the name of pharmacy. If it's not recommended by the hospital, I'm never buying from them. 

26 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This is why there's nothing in the world that's going make me patronise road ride drugs sellers all in the name of pharmacy. If it's not recommended by the hospital, I'm never buying from them. 

Yes, that's correct, to be safer you just need to buy in the direction of the health practitioners who are certified. For me, I buy from the pharmacy stores with government approval not how cheap their products are. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, that's correct, to be safer you just need to buy in the direction of the health practitioners who are certified. For me, I buy from the pharmacy stores with government approval not how cheap their products are. 

A lady in my neighbourhood died as a result of drugs bought and used from road side sellers. They disappeared when police came for investigation. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

A lady in my neighbourhood died as a result of drugs bought and used from road side sellers. They disappeared when police came for investigation. 

The police ought to track the lady who sold fake drugs to the victim, that's absolutely cruel. That's why I don't buy from any stores that puts drugs on the table, I make my inquires diligently before going to any pharmacy. 

18 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

The police ought to track the lady who sold fake drugs to the victim, that's absolutely cruel. That's why I don't buy from any stores that puts drugs on the table, I make my inquires diligently before going to any pharmacy. 

No matter what the police do with their investigation, the lady is dead and that's not going to change. It was a very sad experience for her family. 

Just now, Heatman said:

No matter what the police do with their investigation, the lady is dead and that's not going to change. It was a very sad experience for her family. 

I know, I mean getting the fake pharmacist who initiated her death due to ignorance. Police should look for her and implement the law into her to bear the consequences. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I know, I mean getting the fake pharmacist who initiated her death due to ignorance. Police should look for her and implement the law into her to bear the consequences. 

It still won't change the fact that the victim is dead. The lesson here would be to avoid getting drugs from those fakes in the first place because they never sell anything good. 

21 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It still won't change the fact that the victim is dead. The lesson here would be to avoid getting drugs from those fakes in the first place because they never sell anything good. 

That's the core lesson learned dude, as for the victim she's gone. I've learnt my lesson too, even if I've stayed cautious about such kind of scenarios, never to buy from an unlicensed pharmacy. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:10 PM, Justin11 said:

As for brands, it cost more money but the quality is always there. So e persons who doesn't want to spend much go for the generic product names without a brand, at times they become lucky and get quality products from there. 

Personally, branded products aren't really a must do for me, I could comfortably use a generic product as long as it serves the purposes for which I am purchasing it perfectly.

16 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Personally, branded products aren't really a must do for me, I could comfortably use a generic product as long as it serves the purposes for which I am purchasing it perfectly.

I agree - some brands are just way too overpriced for what they offer.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

That's for sure, some users might neglect the use of generic products thinking they are the same due to the past experiences of others that didn't turn out well. To be candid, some generic priducts are even better than the so-called branded type that are costly. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's for sure, some users might neglect the use of generic products thinking they are the same due to the past experiences of others that didn't turn out well. To be candid, some generic priducts are even better than the so-called branded type that are costly. 

That's true , I got this lady who supplies me home made liquid soap at my apartment and it's really good and has a really nice fragrance better than some branded products I know. I am always buying from her instead of going to the stores, her products are good and I want to support her and see her grow as well.