Register Now
Jayson

Used or New Games

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have both the slim and original PS2. The slim being more compact had a lot of advantages over the original. The only disadvantage I can think of is having to pop the top to change discs. Whereas the big one you inserted the disc in the front so the system could take hold of it, instead of having to open it up and pop the disc on the spin mechanic.

And the slim one issues begins from the disc lens, mine had series of issues with the PS2 lens back then. That's one of the reasons I swapped it off for for my first PS3 that got damaged too. 

On 4/1/2022 at 8:05 PM, Justin11 said:

And the slim one issues begins from the disc lens, mine had series of issues with the PS2 lens back then. That's one of the reasons I swapped it off for for my first PS3 that got damaged too. 

The lens is easy to clean, so that was never a problem for me. And if the problem was a motor burnout, that was also easy enough to swap out. But then again I took 2 years of electronics, so I may have a bit of a leg up on that.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:49 PM, Head_Hunter said:

You acquire your console as secondhand, it is likely to give you issues within short period of time, I wouldn't lie, PS2 is prone to damage, mine was damaging constantly until I dumbed it. 

I've actually never had any serious problems with any of the systems that I've gotten secondhand. I have 3 PS3's (technically) but took one apart and reused parts of it for other things, and sold the rest. Parts tend to be pretty good money for older consoles. I never had an issue except for once. For whatever reason, I was using a PS2 to watch some DVD's and the damn thing blew up. There was a loud pop and some smoke. I got it out of the house in case it actually caught fire. When I took it apart the next day, the motor and everything else inside it was black. It more or less literally burned up. Other than that one isolated incident, I've never had any issues with a PS2.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/1/2022 at 1:09 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I hated the big PS2 console back then, the slim PS2 is by far better than the fat PS2. I bought the slim one, from there, I upgraded to PS3 and now PS4. 

Yea bro you're right. I later bought the slim PS2. It was really nice. I bought the PlayStation 2 slim while I was in year 2 in the university. Talking about the upgrade I really don't understand because I later bought PS3 and PS4 then gave out my PS2 in 2017. I bought the PS2 in 2008.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The lens is easy to clean, so that was never a problem for me. And if the problem was a motor burnout, that was also easy enough to swap out. But then again I took 2 years of electronics, so I may have a bit of a leg up on that.

Their is no problem at all, because you already got experience, and knows how to manage and maintain your console, which is indeed tremendous. When the problem surfaces with your console, and you see no reasons to continue, you can cash on with it. 

I've never worn out a console.  I own four different PlayStations and a Switch Oled.  I had a PS3 that I thought was broken for a few years, but then I turned the thing over and shifted some dust around.  My problem is it really doesn't like to run GT6.  That's okay though because I have the other PS3.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

I have both the slim and original PS2. The slim being more compact had a lot of advantages over the original. The only disadvantage I can think of is having to pop the top to change discs. Whereas the big one you inserted the disc in the front so the system could take hold of it, instead of having to open it up and pop the disc on the spin mechanic.

Yes that's true. The big PlayStation 2 is more like a DVD format when inserting disc but the PS2 slim is like pS1 format where yo have to press the open button and it pop to the top the you can now change your disc. However the slim remains the best and using the USB/flash drive to play game settles the pop up you're complaining about.

47 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If the issue continues for so long, you can dash it out and recoup the money you spent for it, than losing it all when it finally damages. 

It plays Live '03 just fine and I've had it for years now, so I'll probably just keep it.

3 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Yea bro you're right. I later bought the slim PS2. It was really nice. I bought the PlayStation 2 slim while I was in year 2 in the university. Talking about the upgrade I really don't understand because I later bought PS3 and PS4 then gave out my PS2 in 2017. I bought the PS2 in 2008.

The upgrade means,as you migrated from PS2 to playing with PS3, that's the upgrade I'm talking about. 

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've actually never had any serious problems with any of the systems that I've gotten secondhand. I have 3 PS3's (technically) but took one apart and reused parts of it for other things, and sold the rest. Parts tend to be pretty good money for older consoles. I never had an issue except for once. For whatever reason, I was using a PS2 to watch some DVD's and the damn thing blew up. There was a loud pop and some smoke. I got it out of the house in case it actually caught fire. When I took it apart the next day, the motor and everything else inside it was black. It more or less literally burned up. Other than that one isolated incident, I've never had any issues with a PS2.

xD, the issues is much dear, with the way you sounded. PS2 and PS3 were just prone to damage which is the simple truth. Mine developed series of issues in the past, and I dumbed it, since it isn't given me happiness.