Register Now
Jayson

Bad Grammar

How do you feel about bad grammar?  Well, I made a mistake today.  I said, "Does it run good?".   The correct saying is "Does it run well?".   Anyway, I don't take too much mind to grammar, I suppose neglecting it provides some kind of regional flavor or something, lol.

Edited by Jayson

I guess being a 'Grammar Nazi' is sort of an OCD - it ticks me off when people get 'your' and 'you're' wrong. I personally don't call out people for having bad grammar but I find it frustrating although, when I'm having an argument online, and I have nothing to say back in defense, correcting their grammar makes them look stupid and makes everything they said seem invalid. I myself very bad at bad grammar anyway

As long as the message comes through clear, I don't really give a shit.

9 hours ago, Empire said:

it ticks me off when people get 'your' and 'you're' wrong.

It bugs me too. The biggest one though it there, their, they're in my opinion. But even though the wrong one is often used, the message still comes through clear the majority of the time.

If the point is made and enough care is taken for it to be obvious what the poster ants to say, I just ignore any bad grammar that may have been in their post. If there is constant grammar issues and their point has been lost somewhere in it, I do ask them to clarify what they mean. But I ask that as a fellow poster and not as a mod. My posts get lost often as I have a bad habit of rambling and getting off topic. So I'm no exception to the whoopsie category. Sometimes better at grammar, often worse at grammar.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, killamch89 said:

Honestly, I don't make a big deal out of it unless I really don't get what you're trying to say. Then I'll ask you to elaborate - that being said, it's important that people do know the proper grammar.

Once it's all full of garbage that you can't make out anything out of the whole clause, then I would have an issue with it. 

Yeah english is not my main language either while i try my best it's not without grammar mistakes, since i feel like it's something i have to keep up on a daily basis with either writing or speaking, vgr helps me with that so that's a good thing. When i'm not sure i usually just google the word i have in mind to spell it correctly. 

On 4/10/2022 at 1:11 AM, Head_Hunter said:

English is not my main language, I am struggling to get going with it. I know I'm allergic to mistake, I try as much as I can to improve as well. 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:55 PM, Justin11 said:

Lol, no grammatical error at all, it is similar with the second option. At times I think that way, only for my mom to correct me.

I'm just quoting you two, where are guys your from anyway? i know @Justin11 mentioned he lives in africa but what country exactly? And you @Head_Hunter what country are you from?

On 4/10/2022 at 12:11 AM, Head_Hunter said:

English is not my main language, I am struggling to get going with it. I know I'm allergic to mistake, I try as much as I can to improve as well. 

You're allergic to mistake? That's the first time I've ever heard about that. What kind of mistakes are we looking at here?