Register Now
Jayson

Bad Grammar

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

@Yaramaki yes I live in Africa, and Africa have countries, I'm from somewhere around Africa, xD, what about you? 

Yeah but what country in africa do you live in, like for real i know africa has countries so how about that Or do you want me to guess in what country you live?

I live somewhere in belgium and if you diden't know it's located between (well it's more sandwiched) france/germany/ holland and luxembourg. 

9 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Yeah but what country in africa do you live in, like for real i know africa has countries so how about that Or do you want me to guess in what country you live?

I live somewhere in belgium and if you diden't know it's located between (well it's more sandwiched) france/germany/ holland and luxembourg. 

He successfully dodged your inquiry only to get your own location first 😂.. I couldn't stop laughing at his trick when I saw it. The official language in Belgium are Dutch, French, and German right? 

15 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Nice getting to know where you from, I'm from somewhere around Nigeria in Africa. So, how come you're fluent in English when Belgium isn't an English speaking country? 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, Heatman said:

He successfully dodged your inquiry only to get your own location first 😂.. I couldn't stop laughing at his trick when I saw it. The official language in Belgium are Dutch, French, and German right? 

Lol, yeah yeah i got owned a couple of times this week so one more isn't going to hurt my feelings. Yep that's correct those are the 3 official languages (however since we're becoming more and more multicultural people speak whatever they want.

Well we speak flamish, which is the same as duch but more of regional dialect then anything, kind of a bastard version of what they speak in holland. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Nice getting to know where you from, I'm from somewhere around Nigeria in Africa. So, how come you're fluent in English when Belgium isn't an English speaking country? 

Nice eems like we're posting from all over the world!

I wouldn't call myself fluent in english but i try my best. Most of my english was self taught over the years i did get some in school in later years but a whole lot, you would be suprised how watching movies/ playing games with subtitles can benefit you in getting better at a language.

Edited by Yaramaki

7 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Lol, yeah yeah i got owned a couple of times this week so one more isn't going to hurt my feelings. Yep that's correct those are the 3 official languages (however since we're becoming more and more multicultural people speak whatever they want.

Well we speak flamish, which is the same as duch but more of regional dialect then anything, kind of a bastard version of what they speak in holland. 

Knowing how to speak several languages is something that I crave so much and it's why I have been trying to learn how to speak Spanish language. 

A friend of mine lives in Zoetermeer, Holland/Netherlands. Do you think their language is that bad? 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:07 PM, Yaramaki said:

I wouldn't call myself fluent in english but i try my best. Most of my english was self taught over the years i did get some in school in later years but a whole lot, you would be suprised how watching movies/ playing games with subtitles can benefit you in getting better at a language.

You just amused me when you said that watching movies/playing games covered in English language helped shape your English vocabulary. I am not fluent either, I'm learning everyday to correct my bad English to write and speak better English. English is a general language, that's why most people learn it, in order to get acquainted when it comes to communication online. Because it seems everything is written in English, if you don't write or read English, it will be hard to get going online and offline too. 

I will be the last person in the world to ridicule anyone for being poor in English language as long as it's not his or her first language. Yes, it's almost used all over the world but it's not a criteria to belittle who isn't good at it. 

On 4/24/2022 at 2:00 AM, Heatman said:

Knowing how to speak several languages is something that I crave so much and it's why I have been trying to learn how to speak Spanish language. 

A friend of mine lives in Zoetermeer, Holland/Netherlands. Do you think their language is that bad? 

No i don't think their language is that bad, actually far from it but it's a common joke that people from holland think that belgians can't speak proper dutch that's why i call flamish a bastard version of dutch, well before someone else does it for me.

I don't think learning a new language is that hard but most of the time you have to have a real interest in it and really want to learn the language,i know it's not always easy when you're an adult to make time for it on a daily basis.

You know what really helps when there are people around you that speak the language you're learning as that is a massive help aswell, they can correct whenever you speak it badly or not correctly. Like i said if you want to learn spanish a big help is to play your games in english with spanish subtitles, once you've mastered it a bit, Start playing a game in spanish with english subtitles. 

You're correct @Yaramaki, when the passion is there, definitely one will get to learn a new language and learn it faster. Such can't be possible when the passion isn't there. I will try to do as you said, to learn Spanish by playing a game that is covered in Spanish with English subtitles. 

Grammatical errors happen to the best of us at times,  when I notice a mistake I just call the person out politely and that's if it is really important to do so, on other days i just ignore as long as the message you are trying to pass is understood.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:26 AM, Yaramaki said:

No i don't think their language is that bad, actually far from it but it's a common joke that people from holland think that belgians can't speak proper dutch that's why i call flamish a bastard version of dutch, well before someone else does it for me.

I don't think learning a new language is that hard but most of the time you have to have a real interest in it and really want to learn the language,i know it's not always easy when you're an adult to make time for it on a daily basis.

You know what really helps when there are people around you that speak the language you're learning as that is a massive help aswell, they can correct whenever you speak it badly or not correctly. Like i said if you want to learn spanish a big help is to play your games in english with spanish subtitles, once you've mastered it a bit, Start playing a game in spanish with english subtitles. 

Exactly, it's always easier when you're in the midst of people who can help you adapt to learning the new language quickly. It's just the same thing with how new babies learn how to speak their mother's tongue. They hear it almost 24/7 and as such they pick up very fast. 

English is never my first language, I came to learn English just as any foreigner can learn, xD. We learn English at school, which started from elementary school. I am not perfectionist when it comes to grammar, even in my native dialect, I do make errors, which is to say, no one is perfect.