Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I totally undertand your frustrations - we as gamers are getting way less for our money. I don't condone spending on free to play games either because you'll never recoup that and all that for a few hours of fun.

EA with its FIFA series have been doing that to gamers for years but gamers keep on buying the trash they copy and release for them every year.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I totally undertand your frustrations - we as gamers are getting way less for our money. I don't condone spending on free to play games either because you'll never recoup that and all that for a few hours of fun.

It's just like how a lot of people are not in support of all the skins that's being pushed in Fortnite which was targeted at young folks. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's just like how a lot of people are not in support of all the skins that's being pushed in Fortnite which was targeted at young folks. 

Kids or teenagers might fall prey to the tactics of the company with all the skins, I can understand that but when adults do the same thing, then it's hard for me to understand why. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Kids or teenagers might fall prey to the tactics of the company with all the skins, I can understand that but when adults do the same thing, then it's hard for me to understand why. 

Targeting the kids with that amount of microtransactions by Epic Games with Fortnite is the only thing that I would tag wrong in the their practice. 

On 4/29/2022 at 8:42 AM, Heatman said:

There is always an option to pay for the ads in such free games to be removed, although most gamers don't like paying it. 

I wouldn't pay to remove the ads, even if I pay for the first month, it wouldn't be a guarantee that I'll keep on paying that way. I don't have much issue with ads popping up, they can keep on popping while I enjoy it that way lol. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't pay to remove the ads, even if I pay for the first month, it wouldn't be a guarantee that I'll keep on paying that way. I don't have much issue with ads popping up, they can keep on popping while I enjoy it that way lol. 

You pay for the ads to be removed once. It's not like a monthly subscription or anything. 

On 4/30/2022 at 5:16 PM, Heatman said:

Targeting the kids with that amount of microtransactions by Epic Games with Fortnite is the only thing that I would tag wrong in the their practice. 

Honestly, that's something that questions their code of conduct because most of these kids are vulnerable to what they do. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

You pay for the ads to be removed once. It's not like a monthly subscription or anything. 

Oh, if that's a permanent payment then I have no problem at all with it. Like, how much do you think such as gonna cost? 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Oh, if that's a permanent payment then I have no problem at all with it. Like, how much do you think such as gonna cost? 

You never did that for the first time with any of the free games that you have been playing for a while yet? 

13 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You never did that for the first time with any of the free games that you have been playing for a while yet? 

Never, I always allow the ads to pop-up, it's an additional means of the owner earning money from it's creativity since I never felt to upgrade to ad free. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Never, I always allow the ads to pop-up, it's an additional means of the owner earning money from it's creativity since I never felt to upgrade to ad free. 

If the ads aren't too much and interruptive most of the time, then there is no need to pay for it to stop. It's one thing that I love about the Top Eleven Football Manager I'm playing. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

If the ads aren't too much and interruptive most of the time, then there is no need to pay for it to stop. It's one thing that I love about the Top Eleven Football Manager I'm playing. 

If they make the ads to be less interruptive, most gamers who play the free games wouldn't care about paying for it to be removed. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

If they make the ads to be less interruptive, most gamers who play the free games wouldn't care about paying for it to be removed. 

If the ads are made to be too interruptive, two things are what's likely to happen. Either gamers dump the game or they are forced to pay for the ads removal and that can only happen if the game is worth paying for it. 

On 5/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, Heatman said:

Does it mean that your top eleven game is free of ads? 

When the ads on a game is less intrusive, I can manage it. 

On 5/2/2022 at 12:53 PM, Heatman said:

If the ads are made to be too interruptive, two things are what's likely to happen. Either gamers dump the game or they are forced to pay for the ads removal and that can only happen if the game is worth paying for it. 

I do know for sure that most gamers wouldn't be forced into paying for ads removal no matter what. They would lose their fans for doing that.