Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, Elon musk wouldn't do that, it will wreck him indeed. He has other plans for his money and not buying and gifting users video games. 

It won't wreck him at all. The supposed richest man in the world right now!!! He's covered 💯%

56 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It won't wreck him at all. The supposed richest man in the world right now!!! He's covered 💯%

Which free game have you spent the most on? An MMO called Vindictus was the one I spent most on and it was around $220. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

That will surely wreck him no doubt. Such amount of money will be large. Do you know the number of console gamers? You can try to Google it out and multiply the money with the actual amount of each console he'll be gifting out. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's only a few items that I have purchased on Rocket League so far since I have been playing. Although, I got some credits too. 

How much did you spend on the game generally? I managed not to spend a dime on the game with the view that since it was a free game, I'm going to play it without spending on it. 

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

The only F2P game that I can think of that I have spent money on is sudoku. I have it on my phone and it's free to play it, but it has a lot of ads. However for $15 per year you can get rid of the ads. Since I play it constantly, it was a no-brainer for me to pay it.

The game sudoku is my sister's favorite game. Whenever she's bored a little bit, the next thing you would see is Sudoku coming up. I think she paid for ads removal as well because hers is very clean. 

On 5/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, The Blackangel said:

The only F2P game that I can think of that I have spent money on is sudoku. I have it on my phone and it's free to play it, but it has a lot of ads. However for $15 per year you can get rid of the ads. Since I play it constantly, it was a no-brainer for me to pay it.

That's approximately $1.25 per each month. It's nothing to pay for someone who loves the game very well. 

On 5/13/2022 at 10:09 PM, Heatman said:

Even if it's $2 per day, with a total sum of $24, it's still not that big to ask for. If most games where ads ayr paid for to be removed charges that amount, most gamers will pay it. 

Are you sure they would all be open to paying that because I don't think so. A lot of them would consider getting a new game with the $20. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Are you sure they would all be open to paying that because I don't think so. A lot of them would consider getting a new game with the $20. 

That may be true but everything is dependent on the budget and financial capacity of the gamer. 

On 5/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, Heatman said:

That may be true but everything is dependent on the budget and financial capacity of the gamer. 

You have a good point there. There are some gamers who wouldn't mind paying that for a game they have interest in and there are some who would never be willing to pay more than $15 for a game. It's all about the choice one makes. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

You have a good point there. There are some gamers who wouldn't mind paying that for a game they have interest in and there are some who would never be willing to pay more than $15 for a game. It's all about the choice one makes. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying for that amount for my games. It's even been a while since I got any game at $15. I should probably look for cheaper games from now henceforth.