Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

Unless you're planning going back to old games, no recent new gen console game you'll get for that amount dude. That's the essence why I'm hoping to get going with the PS exclusive games, where I'll spend less via subscription play for a single year and dump the game for another. 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:22 AM, Heatman said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying for that amount for my games. It's even been a while since I got any game at $15. I should probably look for cheaper games from now henceforth. 

If you are a big fan of strategy games, there are some that I found for as cheap as $7 I think. I can recommend them for you to check out. Just tell me what you think. 

11 minutes ago, Boblee said:

If you are a big fan of strategy games, there are some that I found for as cheap as $7 I think. I can recommend them for you to check out. Just tell me what you think. 

I'm definitely interested in getting such strategy video games for that amount of money. I would have at least three good recommendations. 

They are already free games, and I know that the worst they can do with the game would be load it with lots of microtransactions.

It's all about if it's what you want to spend money on if it interests you and most times, you aren't forced to pay for them. 

I have spent a few bucks on free games but it's mainly for ads to be removed because they can get on my nerves. 

5 hours ago, Rainbow Road said:

I think this is up to the person themselves honestly.

Exactly, there's no doubt about that. If the gamers feels comfortable with it, he's going to do irrespective of what everyone else thinks about it. 

Sometimes making in-game purchases make your gaming experience better. For example, I recently spent about $15 to buy a skin on Fortnite. I have been playing fortnite a lot after buying new skin.

If I am asked to accurately say the amount I have spent on in- game purchases  i wouldn't be able to do that because I have spent some good amount of money in buying items on games I play. Starting from when I started playing video games till now that would certainly have rose to some good amount over the years.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:04 AM, Jasmin said:

Sometimes making in-game purchases make your gaming experience better. For example, I recently spent about $15 to buy a skin on Fortnite. I have been playing fortnite a lot after buying new skin.

As long as it's not an in game purchases that makes it a pay to win, it's well acceptable and skins in Fortnite is a good buy. 

5 minutes ago, Boblee said:

As long as it's not an in game purchases that makes it a pay to win, it's well acceptable and skins in Fortnite is a good buy. 

I have slowed down with how I used to spend on Fortnite unlike when I started playing it in 2018 and especially in 2019. It was that big spend for me. 

13 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I have slowed down with how I used to spend on Fortnite unlike when I started playing it in 2018 and especially in 2019. It was that big spend for me. 

For someone who's been buying heavily on the game since 2018, you should have had enough by now. Naturally, you are supposed to slow down. 

Do you need to spend that high on Fortnite? Since Fortnite items aren't purchased with real money, it means no spending with real money. It is better to progress far in the game and use your Fortnite points to purchase the items you need to make your gaming time interesting. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

For someone who's been buying heavily on the game since 2018, you should have had enough by now. Naturally, you are supposed to slow down. 

Yeah, that's very correct but they keep giving me a new one to think about. It's just like I'm thinking about getting the New Terminator Skin T-800 now. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct but they keep giving me a new one to think about. It's just like I'm thinking about getting the New Terminator Skin T-800 now. 

How much V-Bucks does the New Terminator Skin T-800 cost? It should be well over 2000 V-Bucks.