Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

How much V-Bucks does the New Terminator Skin T-800 cost? It should be well over 2000 V-Bucks. 

It's 2500 V-Bucks. I actually expected it to be higher looking at how good the skin was but they left it at 2500, so it's a good price for it. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, Boblee said:

As long as it's not an in game purchases that makes it a pay to win, it's well acceptable and skins in Fortnite is a good buy. 

Some free to play games require you to spend money to buy full edition (free version will only offer limited gaming), or spend money to unlock another level. I do not see nay problem in making purchase s long as you are enjoying the game and the budget is within your pocket.

52 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Some free to play games require you to spend money to buy full edition (free version will only offer limited gaming), or spend money to unlock another level. I do not see nay problem in making purchase s long as you are enjoying the game and the budget is within your pocket.

Those one's are no longer considered as free games in my opinion. If they need me to pay money in order to play the full game, it's definitely not a free game. 

There are games that are completely free, for instance PUBG or Fortnite. However, there are also free games that will allow you to play only 1-2 level for free, then after you need to pay to access other levels.

1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

There are games that are completely free, for instance PUBG or Fortnite. However, there are also free games that will allow you to play only 1-2 level for free, then after you need to pay to access other levels.

If have to pay to continue playing that's not a free game, that's a demo. It's really annoying when game companies gave thier games misleading titles and tags. Just call it like it is, it's not like they're gonna fool anyone for long.

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Do you need to spend that high on Fortnite? Since Fortnite items aren't purchased with real money, it means no spending with real money. It is better to progress far in the game and use your Fortnite points to purchase the items you need to make your gaming time interesting. 

I don't think there are any in-game purchases on fortnite made with real money, but you can buy new skins and unlock new weapons with the v-bucks you earn while playing the game, whatever spent is just virtual reality unless fortnite has changed from what it is known for.

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct but they keep giving me a new one to think about. It's just like I'm thinking about getting the New Terminator Skin T-800 now. 

I'm not sure if I would be getting any new skin on Fortnite till further notice. No matter how tempting it gets for me which I know it always does, I will try and resist. It's very getting out of hands. 

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't think there are any in-game purchases on fortnite made with real money, but you can buy new skins and unlock new weapons with the v-bucks you earn while playing the game, whatever spent is just virtual reality unless fortnite has changed from what it is known for.

That's how it is up to this moment, I still read update about the game, even if I'm not an active Fortnite gamer. You don't need spending real cash in the game, your progress in the game gives you more credits. 

12 hours ago, Shagger said:

If have to pay to continue playing that's not a free game, that's a demo. It's really annoying when game companies gave thier games misleading titles and tags. Just call it like it is, it's not like they're gonna fool anyone for long.

Agreed. These games are demo, but is is also an interesting strategy to sell games. If the player liked the game, he/she might end up buying the game. A lot of businesses use this selling tactics.

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm not sure if I would be getting any new skin on Fortnite till further notice. No matter how tempting it gets for me which I know it always does, I will try and resist. It's very getting out of hands. 

You probably haven't seen the Skin yet and that's why you still have that opinion unless it's not something of interest to you. I can't resist it. 

11 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Agreed. These games are demo, but is is also an interesting strategy to sell games. If the player liked the game, he/she might end up buying the game. A lot of businesses use this selling tactics.

If you lure people in with a lie or should I say half truth, it always tends to backfire most of the time. It's why I'm not in support of such marketing strategies used by some game companies. It's not cool at all. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

You probably haven't seen the Skin yet and that's why you still have that opinion unless it's not something of interest to you. I can't resist it. 

I'm not that it's something that's going to pull me into buying it and it's why I'm trying to avoid it by all means. 

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's how it is up to this moment, I still read update about the game, even if I'm not an active Fortnite gamer. You don't need spending real cash in the game, your progress in the game gives you more credits. 

I played fortnite on my ps4 for a while and had to pause because of my other schedule, I also have the mobile version which I started playing a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you lure people in with a lie or should I say half truth, it always tends to backfire most of the time. It's why I'm not in support of such marketing strategies used by some game companies. It's not cool at all. 

I never like that to be frank and I quit such games immediately they ask me to play for me to continue playing. 

35 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I never like that to be frank and I quit such games immediately they ask me to play for me to continue playing. 

I do same too, and I noticed this particular trait in many Gameloft mobile phone video games. They call it free to play only after a few losses or stages you are asked to pay to continue.